Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 24th March 2009, 15:23   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default GM - Gurgaon - Dealer Inefficiency

After reading an article on one of the forums here on a Safari owner planning to torch his car due to frustration, I decided to share an incident which took place in my life last year. I ended up buying a Hyundai Accent though after this.

The article was as I had posted on another forum

" I am writing this article to highlight the difficulties and inconvenience I am put through because of GM's dealer in Gurgaon; Apex Auto.

On the 1st of June I had booked their top model AVEO UVA and opted for a premium colour, Ivory Gold. I had paid a booking amount of Rs10,000 also.

And it has been a nightmare ever since filled with inconvenience and disappointment.

For one, they initially told me the car was ready and I will get it immediately. Then they called up few days later asking me to take a lower variant as the car was not available with them. (How Ridiculous). Then after pressure, they promised the car would be delivered on the 13th of June.

We were vacationing in Shimla/Manali and returned early because of this. But to our disappointment it was not available.

All this while we were calling up the sales guy (Ravi Prakash), and not once from the time of booking did he call up. Finally they promised us the delivery would be on the 18th of June. So, we were pretty excited and called the person, who informed us that we could come and collect the car today by 3:00 pm and to get the draft for the remaining amount of the down payment.

He confirmed the same to us again at 01:45, post which my wife called me and I went to the bank to make the draft.

I had finished the draft and was in office, when my wife called back at around 2:40 saying not to make the draft, and that apparently the car is not even dispatched from the Gujarat plant.

It was outright shocking to hear this kind of news. So obviously we called up the showroom, my wife spoke to the Sales Manager and I spoke to some Team Lead. Apparently the car had not yet been dispatched from the plant and will take several more days. I informed the team Lead of the lies the sales person had told us and the unnecessary delays we were being subjected to.

So he told me the story of the car not being dispatched.

But my surpise is that how is it possible for a sales person not to know that the bloody car is not in the showroom and on what basis did he ask us to come and collect the car.(My wife had to go and collect it as I was not able to get time out from office to go).

I am really fed up with these delays and am going to sue them in the consumer redressal forum.

My genuine and sincere advice to all those planning to buy GM cars in Gurgaon, would be NOT TO BUY FROM APEX AUTO. Instead please go to Delhi and get the car from one of the dealers over there.

A few ppl earlier also told me not to take from here and that they also faced similar problems, but I discarded it thinking that it would not happen. But lightning does strike many times.

So please beware about this.
If anyone else also has any advice please let me know or if you can tell me what can be done, I would truly appreciate.

Thanks."

Whats your opinion.
thedreamcatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2009, 16:40   #2
BHPian

This is not good. I faced a similar situation when i opted to buy from Karnal (Anshuman Autos). I had also booked the LS model in Ivory Gold. I asked them to procure a rear spoiler for my car so that it can be attached when i take the delivery.

The sales guy confirmed me that the part is available and can be fixed when i take the car.

I had to delay my delivery of car by a week so ended up on showroom on 9th March this month. To my surprise, the guy said that spolier would take two days to be ready as it has to be painted and not available from factory.

When i told them that the sales guy has confirmed me that the part is available with them, - they just denied that.

I happened to come across a couple of court judged also present there at showroom to buy a car and they were actually getting everything written on a paper that the sales guy spoke. They plan to get that stamped from manager apparently.

So the moral is never take anything for granted because the sales guy said that. I would joke about the court judges, but they would actually have everything with them as proof when they fall into a situation like mine :-)

This is not with GM dealers and i have heard similar things about Maruti and Hyundai dealers as well. They just spoil the brand with nothing to loose for them.
rapidsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2009, 01:10   #3
Senior - BHPian

Wow. What the judges does was really amazing. We learn from our experiences. I guess I would be doing the same going forward, whenever i purchase a car
Old 28th March 2009, 12:04   #4
Senior - BHPian

Guys, anything on this that can be done. I had lost a lot of money during this ordeal. On my draft for 80,000, booking amount interest etc, running around.
Old 28th March 2009, 12:08   #5
Senior - BHPian

@dreamcatcher: shouldn't they refund the money back to you with interest?
lamborghini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2009, 13:03   #6
BHPian

I would send this issue to one of the directors in GM, hope things work out for future buyers.
rhandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2009, 16:58   #7
BHPian

man i didnt get you are you saying they have not refunded your booking amount given on june 1st last year?
dockap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2009, 18:57   #8
Senior - BHPian

No, let me get it clear.

I did get a refund of my booking amount, but after a month.

I highlighted this here, because I wanted the others to be wary of incidents like this. I did loose out on the interest lost for a month on my booking amount, draft charges on 80,000, running expenses etc, which was never compensated for.

And not to mention mental trauma. Imagine you get cheated on two earlier occasions and then finaly for the third time with all the excitement you go to collect your car and realize they were playing you for a fool