Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 24th April 2009, 11:40   #136
Senior - BHPian

That content is copyrighted by ACI. It is illegal to scan and post it here.
ImmortalZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2009, 11:49   #137
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Since it is not ok to paste a copy of a publications page,

Will instead type down a rouded summary.

This actually present Skoda as amongs the cheapest to maintain considering the Service Parts, Mechanical Parts, & Accident Repair parts. compared among all other cars, infact the other VW cars come across as more expensive to maintain. (assuming that part failure figures are comparable)

Obviously the more expensive cars benifit in this comparision due to most gizmos that they comprise not being included in the parts bin while adding to the car cost, yet they seem to fare worse.

VW actually fares the worst.
% of Serice Parts, mechnical parts & Accident Repair parts to Cost of Car.

Honda Accord - 13.5
Civic - 12
Sontata petrol - 12
Sontata Diesel = 11
Cedia - 16
Skoda Laura - 12
Octavia Diesel - 12
Ocatavia Petrol - 13.5
Toyota Corolla Altis - 12
VW Jetta Petrol - 20 (Worst in class)
VW Jetta Diesel - 18
Audi A4 Petrol - 21 (worst in class)
Audi A4 Diesel - 21 (worst in class)
Audi A6 Petrol - 16
Audi A6 Deisel - 16
Audi A8 Petrol - 11
Audi A8 Diesel - 11
Audi Q7 Petrol - 14.5
Audi Q7 diesel - 19
BMW 3 Series Petrol - 17.5
BMW 3 Series Diesel - 16
BMW 5 Series Petrol - 15
BMW 5 Series Diesel - 17.5
BMW 7 Series Petrol - 8.5
BMW 7 Series Diesel - 8.5
merc C Diesel - 14.5
merc E Diesel - 15
merc S Diesel - 11
Nissan Teana - 16
Skoda Superb Petrol - 9 (earlier model)
Skoda Superb Diesel - 8 (earlier model0 Lowest in class
Toyota Camry - 10.5
VW Passat - 14.5
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 20:03   #138
Team-BHP Support

ACM what is the source of this information?

BTW I think we have finally got the clutch to the level of tune I am satisfied with.

Skoda-Autobahn's manager (Mr. Chajju) has been in constant touch with me for the past few weeks. Either him or someone from his office calls me atleast once a wekk to ask if the car is working as I expect it. I dont have the heart to tell them that I drive only once a week or so. :-)

However it has been bought to my notice that Skoda-Autobahn does know that I am one of the Moderators of TBHP. I hope the attention I am currently getting is not due to this. I would like all SKoda owners to hence post the level of service they have got so far. Evo? What is the latest at your end?
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2009, 09:58   #139
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
ACM what is the source of this information?

Skoda-Autobahn's manager (Mr. Chajju) has been in constant touch with me for the past few weeks. Either him or someone from his office calls me atleast once a wekk to ask if the car is working as I expect it. However it has been bought to my notice that Skoda-Autobahn does know that I am one of the Moderators of TBHP. I hope the attention I am currently getting is not due to this. I would like all SKoda owners to hence post the level of service they have got so far. Evo? What is the latest at your end?
Source of Info - The Leading Car Magazine in India
JMD used to call me back to check on how the car is working after every service or issue for which I may have taken the car.

At times they did get an angry response if the issue was not resolved, but then they once offerd to pick the car up from my home and take it to the centre and get the issue (a certain ratteling sound) resolved.

So at least one Skoda Service centre does call up to check on the work done even if one is not a Moderator. And of course they call up each time when the service is due as per date.
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2009, 10:06   #140
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
So at least one Skoda Service centre does call up to check on the work done even if one is not a Moderator. And of course they call up each time when the service is due as per date.
When I took my car to Autobahn I did not even discuss TBHP leave alone my position here. In some ways titles embarass me. I know for sure I am far from being considered knowledgeable about cars.

That said, JMD hsa been consistently getting good reviews from many a Skoda owner. Too bad it is on the other end of town from where I live. If Skoda-JMD had a loaner program like Honda does (Arya Honda gives my mom and wife a loaner car if their cars are scheduled for service for more than 1 day) I would have loved to try them out.
Old 18th May 2009, 13:15   #141
Team-BHP Support

Last service report. I was schedlued to go on another holiday so I asked Autobahn if they can do another service.

My list.
Bleed Clutch
Clean injectors and Throttle body
Change gass filled arm on rear hatch (I dont know who damaged it or how)

The bill
Rs. 2391. Rs. 1880 for the gas filled arm and Rs. 250 for labour the rest is taxes. No charge for the clutch bleed or injector/TB cleaning.

The odd part. The last 2 times I have had my car serviced they have not insisted that I pay before I pick up the car. My driver picked up the car on Wednesday and I am sending them payment only today (Monday) after I returned. Arya Honda does not do this for my family's (the rest of my family all drive Honda) cars.
Old 18th May 2009, 13:33   #142
Team-BHP Support

Looks like your quite well known at Skoda now Navin. It took me years to establish the reputation with HM-Mitsu. Now they don't insist on payment on delivery and all the service advisors and managers know how fussy I am about attention to detail.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2009, 15:31   #143
evo
BHPian

Quote:
I would like all SKoda owners to hence post the level of service they have got so far. Evo? What is the latest at your end?
Got my car back, paintjob wasnt up to the mark, they have literally destroyed the interiors with some whitish paint marks, but I really dont have the time and energy to waste with these folks, their entire attitude is very wrong.
evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2009, 17:00   #144
Team-BHP Support

@evo: Could you post some pictures of the problem areas?
Jaggu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2009, 09:24   #145
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo View Post
Got my car back, paintjob wasnt up to the mark, they have literally destroyed the interiors with some whitish paint marks, but I really dont have the time and energy to waste with these folks, their entire attitude is very wrong.
This is exactly what I sufffered through (not to your extent) and instead of breaking my head with Autobahn (earlier) I moved my business to a 3rd party garage. This garage was not any less expensive than the Authorised (Skoda or Honda) dealers but atleast they had the same attention to detail that I had.

Of late however Autobahn at least is proving to offer good service now Skoda really needs to work on their cost and life of spares/parts.
Old 22nd May 2009, 14:24   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Last service report. I was schedlued to go on another holiday so I asked Autobahn if they can do another service.

My list.
Bleed Clutch

Navin, why did you bleed the clutch? Any specific problem? I believe the vRS' clutch resevoir takes it oil feed from the brake master cylinder. So is there a seperate bleed valve for the clutch and the brake or do you bleed both?
Just want to know if I should be doing this as I have not so far.
Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 22nd May 2009 at 14:58. Reason: Quote fixed.
Bomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2009, 16:12   #147
Team-BHP Support

If you follow this thread my clutch had become hard so the clutch plate and pressure plate were changed. After that I still found the clutch not as good as it was when I first bought the car (2004) so the bleed. Anyway whatever Autobahn has done it has improved the clutch for now. Hope it does not get hard again.
Old 1st June 2009, 22:00   #148
Team-BHP Support

I got a call from a Skoda representative (not Autobahn) a few days ago. I explained to them the issues I have been having and re-iterated that many issues on TBHP have still not been resolved. The representative who I think introduced himself has Ravindran told me that he the next time Skoda tech team is in Mumbai they'd like to talk to me.

I said that as a customer it is fine. As a TBHP Mod, we have already met a high level delegation from Skoda and have seen little action. Let see. I'll post an update here if and when it happens.
Old 6th June 2009, 09:20   #149
Team-BHP Support

update:

I got a call from Liyakat Chajju (Autobahn-Skoda) 2 days ago asking where the payment for the last service (Rs. 2391 - see post 141) was. I said I had couriered it to him. In any case I went to our accoutns deptartment to check and the check was still lying with us along with a check for an earlier service (see post 110)! Apparently my driver told the accounts dept that he'd drop of the check but forgot.

WIth many appologies I immedieately couriered both checks to Autobahn (2 days ago). Yesterday I get a call from Mr. Chajju. Apparently while I was in Goa on holiday my accounts dept had already paid for the 1st of the 2 services (the one in post 110). So he crossed out and courirered this check back!

I know some will think that this should be normal but I know another dealership (another manufacturer) that did not do the same untill my accounts deptartment caught the double payment error and chased it.

There has been so much bad news about Skoda service on this forum that when good stuff like this happens I figured we should all recognise it as well. After all we just cant be bearers of bad news can we?
Old 8th June 2009, 01:31   #150
Senior - BHPian

I think T-BHP should setup a pseudo-moderator userlevel for all Skoda owners. And make this list well-known. That way, the Skoda owners on TBHP can expect to have atleast satisfactory service from the dealership
pranavt is offline   Reply With Quote