Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 17th April 2009, 12:31   #31

@ Memo
Thanks for Sharing.Sad to hear what you went through. Most of the "Indian" companies like Tata's & Mahindra's have no concept of Customer Satisfaction.
Most important think is that you dont take this lying down and go out of your way to make sure the dealer and the smart mouth GM is brought to book.Take a record with photos of all that the problems with the vehicle.
Throttler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2009, 12:39   #32
Senior - BHPian

I have read many of your other posts memo and I thought you were better experienced and full petrol head . Why the heck did u take the delivery at > 8PM in evening and that too a used vehicle .?What about the Team-bhp checklist ?

If experienced person can be coned like this ,imagine common man (uncle and first time buyer who does not know nuts and bolts of a 4 wheeler ) , who will be fooled big time. If there are ppl to be cheated , they are ppl to cheat . The only person to blame here is YOU .
black12rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2009, 12:57   #33
Senior - BHPian

You ought to have refused to take delivery. There is no way they can force you to take delivery of a used vehicle.

You already have 230+ posts to your credit here, and it is surprising that you did not check the forum about the PDI check list and your rights. There is a thread here where the dealer attempted forgery of the customer's signatures for registration, and the registration was cancelled by the RTO. I that much can be done, you certainly could have asked for a full refund of your money.

BTW, IIRC, Concorde is part owned by Tata motors.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2009, 13:27   #34
BHPian

From your post it is not clear why you are hesitating to return the used vehicle to them and wait few days for a brand new one?
HotChillyPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2009, 13:37   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
I have read many of your other posts memo and I thought you were better experienced and full petrol head . Why the heck did u take the delivery at > 8PM in evening and that too a used vehicle .?What about the Team-bhp checklist ?

If experienced person can be coned like this ,imagine common man (uncle and first time buyer who does not know nuts and bolts of a 4 wheeler ) , who will be fooled big time. If there are ppl to be cheated , they are ppl to cheat . The only person to blame here is YOU .
Totally agree with every word in here! You shouldnt have done it and I feel that you were excited about the new vehicle which might have done the trick. Sad to hear your story and full sympathies to you.

Forget about what happened, try to do these:
Return the vehicle to Concorde and explain to them what is your expectation (new vehicle / more discount - I didnt understand what is that in your mind)
Ask Concorde to stop the registration process immediately, may be that is in process (later they shouldnt say that registration already done)
Record these conversations with them, try to get most in writting, take pictures of chasis number, scrathes / defects spotted etc
Escalate to Customer Care
Escalate to TML in writting with copies of evidence and names of individuals - try to find a fax where you can fax it
Dont forget to give this Team-BHP URL to all of them!

Cheers and all the best to you in geting what you want!
narayanang76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2009, 13:53   #36
Senior - BHPian

Dealer conned you by selling you a used vehicle instead of a new one.
Customer service was pathetic with long waiting times, attitude, cheating et all.

Then why do you still want to take delivery of your vehicle through this dealer?
Is he the only dealer for Tata in your area?
Are you desperate for that vehicle that you want it at any cost and in any condition?
Are you upset that you did not get enough of a discount for a used vehicle?

What is it that you wish? A discount or a new vehicle?
Make up your mind and then decide.
My advice: Dump the dealer!
Lalvaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2009, 14:23   #37
Senior - BHPian

There should be no question of taking the discount over a new vehicle. It is a 4x4 truck that has been used as a TD vehicle for the better part of four months! Do not take delivery of it, no matter how much the discout.
ImmortalZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2009, 14:47   #38
Senior - BHPian

@memo , Same question why are you taking delivery of this vehilce ? if it's for the discount they will give, even if they give 1 lac disocunt , these demo vehicles are abused some much that it not worth.

Last edited by dinar : 17th April 2009 at 14:57.
dinar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2009, 14:52   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prithvi View Post
you should have not taken delivery of the used vehicle and I think people dont learn lessons. Stay far away from TATA, SAY TATA to TATA. Had a Indica and the hell I went thru with it and the dealers.

MERA BHARATH MAHAN.
OT but, It needs to be mentioned that Tata is very strict with the dealers and any shortcomings from dealers must not be used to tarnish the image of Tata Motors.

Moreover, Dealer experience are bad even with brands like Honda, Maruti and is now widely known Skoda which is German but there practices are least like their mother company, VW.

Tata brings India on world automotive map and most Tata cars may be a little down on refinement but are most apt for Indian conditions.
akhilesh51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2009, 15:58   #40
BHPian

Bring the issue up with TML dirtectly, I have had a pleasant experience when dealing with them, most dealers OTOH...
teknophobia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2009, 16:29   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
They say Concorde is the better one among the Tata dealers in Bangalore. This incident seems to be quite opposite to that reputation.
Concorde motors is not a normal dealership; it is a fully owned subsidiary of Tata motors and this is the treatment we get there
enzo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2009, 16:57   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by memo45_m View Post
So we step in get introduced to the Gm by the Sales manager, the discussion starts of and he puts forward the same statement ”If you are interested to take the car or leave it..” knowing the fact that he has given A USED vehicle For the cost of a new one. He very arrogantly throws around his EGO and says “If you want a new vehicle then we will get it for you in 3-4 days, but you have to leave this one here with us, we cannot give you a loner/ back up vehicle.”
If they offered to give you a new vehicle in 3-4 days. I feel you should have done that rather than take deliver of the demo car.
4x4addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2009, 17:07   #43
BHPian

This is really shocking to me. I had bought my Indica Vista from this very same dealer some 4 months back. They appeared very proffessional in my case. I am now wondering if my car could have also been used for test drives etc
revhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2009, 17:26   #44
BHPian

I agree with what others have said about the delivery - you should not have taken it. Also do not accept anything other than a new vehicle - you do not know what all the bull went through during the numerous TDs!!

Additionally call up Tata Motors Customer care and complain - be rest assured you will see prompt action. The one occasion when I gave Concorde Chennai a bad rating for the service performance I was swamped with calls from the Dealer as well as from Tata Cust Service to look into my grievance and set things right.

You could reach Cust Service at one or all of the following

Toll Free Help line : 1800 209 6688
email to: Customercare@tatamotors.com
URL for complaint box: Tata Motors Customer Support :: Complaint
cnaganathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2009, 17:26   #45
Senior - BHPian

Like everyone said you should not have taken the delivery.
Also you forgot the checklist and statment- never take delivery if broad daylight is not there for you to check the condition.
So what is the plan of action now?

IMo forget the cash discount or anything else and take a new vehicle or claim all your money back and buy something else.
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote