Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 21st April 2009, 19:52   #1
BHPian

Default Beware of Motowings Mass Trichur, Kerala.

Last night when i was driving back home, both headlights of my car got dim suddenly and was stuck in middle of road without any lights. Tried to check myself but it was dark and could not do anything, so got back home driving slowly with fog lights on (Swift has pathetic pair of fog lamps).

Went to Motowings MASS here in Trichur today to check with the problem, as i have been a regular customer there since almost a year now. Had also got familiar with a service advisor there named Johnson.

I have been servicing my SWIFT VDI from there, and Mr.Johnson used to take care of things for my car, and once in a while i used to personally go inside the service station and check out the work myself.

As usual i gave the car for checking the headlights and then got inside the service station to check the status myself, but this guy who was working on my car told me to go inside and sit in office and wait for the car, but i insisted that i stay there and check what he was doing. Then he went to the security and whispered something after which security came to me and requested me to get back to office as his job would be in trouble if his MD see a customer in service area.

This was not the first time i got there, but since this security guy requested and told it may hamper his job there, i just quitely got to office and waited. Almost after 1 and a half hour, this service advisor comes to me telling that there is some problem in the wiring of extra relay that i had added, and hence he has connected the stock relay, since he did not have stock of extra wires to change wiring of the extra relay. I agreed and told him to get to stock wires and relay for time being.

Later when i recieved the car, he told me, one of the bulb had also blown off, so he has replaced it taking one from the extra bulb i had in my dashboard (I always carry a pair of Bulbs in my Dash ).

But i was doubtfull of this and checked the old bulb, to find that the blown bulb did not belong to me, as i always used Philips Rally 90/100 bulbs, and the one they showed me was Wurth 90/100, which has never been installed in my car. I told him about this, on which he called for the electrician who worked on the car and asked him about this matter. And this guy was just insisting that, he found that bulb only installed in the car.

But i was sure, Cos i had installed Philips bulb myself, some months back and there was no chance of it changing as i had not given the car for service or any work outside after that.

When this electrician saw me so confident he just went inside and got the original philips bulb and gave it to me in a very rude manner blaming me to be lying. I just lost my patience and shouted at him and called for the Service advisor Johnson, who assured me he ll check into this matter and get back to me.

Later he came to me telling that, the electrician had taken bulb from their store for checking in my car and later forgot to keep it in store and exchanged the bulb by mistake. How could this happen?? if he had brought this new bulb from the store, how could it be in used condition and blown off already?? and how could he stand challenging me that i did not have Philips bulb in my car ??

But i have decided not to go to MOTOWINGS MASS in Puzhakal, Trichur again, and they claim to be MARUTI SERVICE MASTERS AWARD WINNERS. Have to search for a new reliable MASS for my next car service.

Any suggestions for good MASS in Trichur?? Please help me guys.
srikant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2009, 20:13   #2
Senior - BHPian

Srikant while your close attention for detail saved your day, I think it would make sense to lodge a strong written complaint with Mr Johnson and even the higher ups regarding this incident.It could be an isolated incident from one single electrician. So give them a chance to redeem themselves Also I think this thread belongs to the Car dealerships review section
narayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2009, 20:17   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Srikant while your close attention for detail saved your day, I think it would make sense to lodge a strong written complaint with Mr Johnson and even the higher ups regarding this incident.It could be an isolated incident from one single electrician. So give them a chance to redeem themselves Also I think this thread belongs to the Car dealerships review section
I agree with Narayan. Makes every bit of sense to get the point across, and make sure this doesn't happen to other unsuspecting customers. That technician ought to be fired for his dishonesty!
Nitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2009, 20:44   #4
BHPian

Quote:
I did want to give a complaint but this guy Johnson is also not ready to accept this complaint and says it happened by mistake. I went to the manager of this place too, but he was a louzy guy who was not at all capable to take an action, so i did not feel it would work if i give a complaint to him. I just got frustrated and got back home, and thought i ll mail this complaint to some chief of MOTOWINGS.

Came home and googled to get some details on MOTOWINGS, but bould not find it.

Then thought of mailing this directly to MARUTI, but again the search did not yield any result, somebody please share these details if you have.

Moreover, after this incident i am afraid to leave my car there for service too, i am worried if they show up their anger on my car which i love so much. Thats why i am trying to find out a new service station for my car now.
Old 21st April 2009, 22:28   #5
BHPian

Every MASS in thrissur is similar. I think the INDUS one is better than rest of the ones .My friend services his car there and he has a very poitive opinion about them .My Swift was taken from SITARAM motor and they didnt have a clue of what running in was. only first service has been done on my car and i cant say anything about thier service.
jmddis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2009, 22:39   #6
Team-BHP Support

Sitaram was very prompt in giving me a blown ecu, overheating engine diagnosis for a simple blown ac fan fuse.
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2009, 00:12   #7
BHPian

I have done my first service in Sitaram and had hell lot of problem there, then i shifted to MOTOWINGS and felt them lot better than Sitaram but this incident has got me into thinking. .

My car is nearing 40K kms in few days.Sitaram and Motowings are ruled out for now, Yet to check Popular, Sai service and Indus.

hmmm. yet to decide !!

The worst part in Motowings was, they have such a louzy manager, U talk to him and you get crazy and wondering, what made him eligible as a manager in this competetive world of service. Anybody from Motowings listening?? Please change your manager and the DISHONEST ELECTRICIAN "RIJU", thats his name.

Somebody help me decide, Indus or Sai service or Popular?

Last edited by srikant : 22nd April 2009 at 00:14.
Old 22nd April 2009, 06:45   #8
Senior - BHPian

Do not understand what they get by taking a lousy 130Rs bulb, but dishonesty is dishonesty! Possible that one of their own, wanted this bulb and hence this drama.

I would be careful about leaving the vehicle there the next time. And with what you say about the manager, it is even more risky. No one to take the responsibility!

With 40k, why don't you try for a friendly neighborhood garage. I am sure there will be some near by. Ask around and see.
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2009, 19:32   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Do not understand what they get by taking a lousy 130Rs bulb, but dishonesty is dishonesty! Possible that one of their own, wanted this bulb and hence this drama.

I would be careful about leaving the vehicle there the next time. And with what you say about the manager, it is even more risky. No one to take the responsibility!

With 40k, why don't you try for a friendly neighborhood garage. I am sure there will be some near by. Ask around and see.
I dont use the neighborhood garages as most of em dont use standard tools and parts, so i prefer MASS, but good ones.

Planning to try Indus or Sai service next time.
Old 26th April 2009, 09:03   #10
BHPian

I just called Maruti customer care on 18001800180 and made a complaint about the same and also have mailed a copy of my complaint to their email giving a link to this forum of ours. Lets see how they respond. Their mail id is contact@maruti.co.in

Will Keep you posted on their response guys.
Old 27th April 2009, 19:08   #11
BHPian

Got a call from the manager of Motowings, Trichur. He apologised for whatever happened, and told me that the mechanic responsible for this has been given warning, and will be dismissed as soon as they get a replacement. (I dont believe it though, that they ll dismiss a man just for one mistake). However i dont want that poor fellow to lose his job, let him just learn his lesson and not repeat it with other customers.

But i am really happy with Maruti for their prompt check on the complaint and they have kept up the faith on them.

Cheers to MARUTI
Old 27th April 2009, 19:12   #12
Senior - BHPian

Good of them. This is what customer relationship is about!
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 19:13   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikant View Post
Got a call from the manager of Motowings, Trichur. He apologised for whatever happened, and told me that the mechanic responsible for this has been given warning, and will be dismissed as soon as they get a replacement. (I dont believe it though, that they ll dismiss a man just for one mistake). However i dont want that poor fellow to lose his job, let him just learn his lesson and not repeat it with other customers.

But i am really happy with Maruti for their prompt check on the complaint and they have kept up the faith on them.

Cheers to MARUTI
Srikant - while its good you got a prompt response and happy with it, you need to be clear what you want to achieve out of these complaints.

on your earlier post, you say that you want the manager and the electrician changed. now you say, u dont want him to lose his job

as i see it, it was a minor offence and you would have been better off giving them a strong warning urself. now next time when you give the car, try to be close the car while its getting serviced

hats off to Maruti service nevertheless
narayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 19:28   #14
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikant View Post
You'd be surprised the length that Maruti goes to when you email them. A couple of years ago I'd emailed them requesting for a bit of technical information regarding the engine in my car (an F10D) - I honestly did not expect a reply.

Imagine my surprise when I did get a reply from somebody in their technical department - the email thread showed that it had been forwarded by customer service to somebody in their technical team, & then onto somebody in their powertrain division ! And that gentleman had replied, to the point, with just what I wanted, & even directed me to where I could find more information.

I was like &
im_srini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 21:32   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Srikant - while its good you got a prompt response and happy with it, you need to be clear what you want to achieve out of these complaints.

on your earlier post, you say that you want the manager and the electrician changed. now you say, u dont want him to lose his job

as i see it, it was a minor offence and you would have been better off giving them a strong warning urself. now next time when you give the car, try to be close the car while its getting serviced

hats off to Maruti service nevertheless
Hi narayan,
The first post of mine was in a fit of rage as soon as i returned from the MASS. But today when this manager called me and spoke to me so well, i was much relaxed.

He did take an action atleast, if not the action was from his own side, he is atleast attending to calls from upper head.

I have also been into business and i know how hard it is to maintain people and run around getting good worksmen. More over, the mechanic after all is a poor guy. It may hurt a lot of sentiments to the core if he loses job for this incident. But if it is the first time he did this and he learns a lesson out of it, why should we bother to degrade him?? These are just my thoughts as it came to my mind.