Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 8th May 2009, 17:17   #1
BHPian

Default TAFE Access turned the corner for the better? Lets wait and watch

After reading the numerous and justified posts about TAFE's incompetency at service, thought i'd post my first experience about the same.

Incident 1:
A bus nudges my fabia's rear quarter panel while at a signal, and after the insurance formalities is completed from Future Generali, the car is ready and sent back in 3 days. Completely done. Perfect job. No discrepancies in the paint shade. [COST: Rs 35xx/-]

Incident 2:
Minor rattles from the dashboard due to our "lovely" roads. Windscreen washer fluid top up. VAS update. Steering rack washer change (a horrendous squeal each time it was turned) & power steering fluid. [COST: Rs 331/-] (was a full warranty job, 300 Rs was for pick up and drop)

Incident 3:
Driver tops up at some petrol bunk i dont know of. Evidently stale fuel. Car REFUSES to start. Thankfully it was parked at home. Called the TAFE breakdown service. VAS COM brought along.The mechs diagnose that the car was "choked" with sludge hence did not start as a protective measure. Fresh fuel filled, thorough redline visit. Problem solved. [COST: Rs 0/-] (warranty). Problem never resurfaced.

ABOUT THE SERVICE
- The car was picked up promptly by a courteous personnel. Was clean and presentable, and did not look the type to dirty up the cabin.
- The car was driven safely and slowly. Had my driver tail him in another car for a short distance to see if he was living out his F&F dreams on my account. I usually don't trust anyone at the wheel of my car, but circumstances some times force one to rely on the pick up and drop. Touch wood, its safe.
- Get a call upon it reaching, problems confirmed, and estimated time of delivery given
- After the job is done, the car is returned on time. Neat condition. Have some grouses with their compulsive habit to place their hands on the beige trim (only downside of the elegance spec)
- Before you're made to sign the form releasing the car (i.e. it is in satisfactory condition etc.) the driver who drops the car urges you to take a test drive and see for yourself the job done/ shows the repainted part/ explains the solved problem whichever being the case
- Complimentary touch up for the small nicks that BLR traffic is bound to give.
- Saved radio stations/ audio preferences are not meddled with. They may change the channel but thats about it.
- All problems and minor complaints addressed perfectly till date. Service advisors giving lucid explanations (as far as they can) about what's what.

COMPLAINTS
- Mechanics are grease monkeys, and the beige fabric always comes back with a few paw prints. Tide helps. But 'm sure they can fit a provisional seat cover like Honda does.
- Exactly how much they cover in road testing at the service centre should be found out.

Hope the service continues.
Ash_vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2009, 22:48   #2
Team-BHP Support

For the past 2 months or so I too have been getting pretty good service from Autobahn-Skoda too. Is someone at Skoda reading the forum and addressing the needs of TBHP members? I hope I am wrong.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2009, 23:16   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
I hope I am wrong.
Why would you hope that?
Indian1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2009, 13:33   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
For the past 2 months or so I too have been getting pretty good service from Autobahn-Skoda too. Is someone at Skoda reading the forum and addressing the needs of TBHP members? I hope I am wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian1979 View Post
Why would you hope that?
If they are reading TBHP and taking care of our members then it means that systematic problems still exist. Won't take long for them to fall back to their old ways soon.

Skoda should have the same good service for every one. Especially since they are a premium brand in India.
CarsPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2009, 16:42   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsPG View Post
If they are reading TBHP and taking care of our members then it means that systematic problems still exist. Won't take long for them to fall back to their old ways soon.

Skoda should have the same good service for every one. Especially since they are a premium brand in India.
I don't think Skoda can track team bhp member cars coming in their service centers.

P.S. I don't own a skoda so not trying to support it.
Indian1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2009, 21:34   #6
BHPian

Nice to know… Hopefully Skoda is taking an honest initiative to rectify that they have lost. Their REPUTATION..
jack7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2009, 13:08   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Why would you hope that?
Because I hope that Skoda is taking practive steps across all their dealers and for all their customers not just TBHPians or worse still a few TBHP Mods.

Quote:
I don't think Skoda can track team bhp member cars coming in their service centers.
Oh es they can. How many Ajit Matthews are there in Bangalore with a Black vRS or how many navins are they who have a Silver vRS in Mumbai? It aint rocket science.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote