Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 20th May 2009, 11:03   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurav Mathur View Post
Instead of questioning the dealer, Skoda has been defending them, putting the blame on us.

Worst part is, during the enitre past Year, Skoda has never admitted there is any problem in the car!!! They simply did the investigation and blamed us that we did know how to Drive a Skoda!!! Imagine, they think their products are so Superior!!

We have called their Breakdown Service whenever the Engine Stalled, but they never responsed and we were stranded on the road.

Anyone has any pointers to e-mail addresesses of someone in the media? How long does a Consumer Court takes for redressal, any idea.

The Bonnet was damaged and as it was still under warranty we took it to their Dealer M/S Oberoi Auto in Dehradun. They replaced the damaged bonnet with another defective one and claimed full money for it!! If we had not noticed, they would have gotten away with it.
Oh Boy! This keeps getting better and better. This thing called Skoda is a nightmare really.
These are a few instances of which we know and have been reported here. I'm saddened to think of how many unsuspecting/unreported customers might have been thugged this way. Really sad.
If this is the pace at which their morals are gonna stoop, then we just might see a nation wide ban on this company products soon.

I think, all Skoda customers who have been cheated this was should form some sort of a group and protest with media presence.
Once this comes in full public view, go to the gov. authorities and file a lawsuit which the entire country and the world will followup.

Last edited by prince_pervez : 20th May 2009 at 11:04.
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2009, 12:36   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I hadpurchased a Skoda Fabia Elegance 1.4 MPI around one year back, and within 10 days of the Purchase, the Engine had started Stalling. I had immediately complained to the Skoda Customer Care, as the Engine has stalled more than 10 times on the highway, and poses a great threat of physical injuries to me and my family.
The Fabia 1.4 petrol is a defective design. Skoda has withdrawn production of the same. Strangely, they leave existing Fabia 1.4 owners in the lurch and their dealers continue to sell old stock of the same car. Doesn't Skoda have any corporate standards in place to recall all the defective cars and make good to the owner?

Quote:
Inspite of repeated complaints to Skoda for the past one Year, there has been NO Action from them. Their Customer Service to describe in one word is 'pathetic'. The Skoda technical people have inspected the Vehicle more than 10 times in the past one Year and assured me that the problem is rectified, but the Engine has Stalled every single time after their inspection.
Join the club of the thousands of unhappy Skoda owners. Their customer service actually creates more problems than solving them!

Quote:
On Top of all these troubles, the Skoda dealers are a bunch of Cheats as was displayed by their Oberoi Auto Dealer in Dehradun. They replaced a damaged Bonnet on my Vehicle and cliamed full money for a new Bonnet. When we confronted them, they simply apololgized and said they will agin replace the Bonnet!!!
Absolute rascals and outright cheats!

Quote:
I am so fed up of Skoda that am ready to file a Consumer Court case against them.
PM "Harishv" on this, also check out the lemon car thread (ARTICLE: What to do if you are stuck with a lemon (Defective car)).

Quote:
Would appreciate if someone form the team can guide me to some media contacts where i can bring out my grievances against Skoda.
Write in to helpdesk@autocarindia.com They are a helpful bunch. Also, look up Harish's thread (Linky) for additional media contacts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
I'm saddened to think of how many unsuspecting/unreported customers might have been thugged this way. Really sad.
Exactly my thoughts. Imagine how many Skoda owners out there have suffered silently, due to the lack of media contacts or access to Team-BHP.

Quote:
best bet is to book losses and sell this car
I gotta agree with Takumi. Book your losses, sell the car and move on to something more reliable from a reputable manufacturer (that actually cares for its customers). But yet, don't stop short of teaching them a lesson.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2009, 13:12   #18
BHPian

i feel really sorry for the people who go through this mental trauma of owning a skoda and dealing with their pathetic A**. and at this point in time, i dont feel disgusted with the brand but smile it off as another one bites the dust!
white_vdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2009, 13:20   #19
BHPian

After each incident of Stalling of the Engine, it takes around 30-40 minutes for the Car to be started again. This is very-2 dangerous on a Highway, but Skoda has never acknowledged this risk. Also I have confirmation from Skoda itself that they have stopped the Production of Fabia 1.4 Petrol MPI due to so many problems reported in the Model. They have done this within the very First Year of Launching this Model. But people like me are stuck with their defective Model. Skoda should be prosecuted for selling defective cars to Customers. I bought this Car on 9-May-08 and till date, after more than a Year of purchase, all I have got from Skoda are lies and false assurances.
Gaurav Mathur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2009, 13:55   #20
BHPian

Quote:
After each incident of Stalling of the Engine, it takes around 30-40 minutes for the Car to be started again. This is very-2 dangerous on a Highway, but Skoda has never acknowledged this risk. Also I have confirmation from Skoda itself that they have stopped the Production of Fabia 1.4 Petrol MPI due to so many problems reported in the Model. They have done this within the very First Year of Launching this Model. But people like me are stuck with their defective Model. Skoda should be prosecuted for selling defective cars to Customers. I bought this Car on 9-May-08 and till date, after more than a Year of purchase, all I have got from Skoda are lies and false assurances.
This is outright ridiculous. Such audacity and callousness on the part of skoda. Like you said, you and your family are at high risk with all this stalling buisness on highways and this is how skoda values their customers life. Skoda corporate has no morals nor ethics seems like. Gaurav, take these guys to court or reach out to the media with your woes and teach them a lesson. So afterall india is being treated as a thirdworld nation, our lives are inferior to the other superior nations where the same cars are sold. If same was the case in US, this would have called for a total recall of the defective models or a court would have already started working on customer complaints against skoda. This is pathetic attitude from skoda, yeah dealers we can understand, a bunch of leeches, but to expect the same from the Skoda india or infact the mainline skoda management is just pathetic.
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2009, 14:08   #21
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear about this Gaurav but i am hardly surprised. Infact i don't think anyone on this forum is surprised as we are quiet use to of Skoda's exceptional customer service.
I think people are still buying skoda cars as they think these are one off cases or they just dont believe a manufacturer can fall so low on ethics.
Neccessary links had already been given to you.
Goodluck!
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2009, 14:29   #22
BHPian

The sad part is the customer has to pay a premium to receive this customer service. As someone earlier mentioned, it makes Fiat service look awesome.

The common thread connecting all these skoda experiences is that of poor customer service and cheating on Geniune Parts, which makes it look more like a corporate culture.

They know pretty well that the average Indian customer still goes more with the print and tv media to decide on his next purchase, than doing an exhaustive study from all possible sources. This is the reason they are ready to fight tooth and nail to prevent this from going to the press.
raghu.t.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2009, 14:49   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Commiserations on your troubles.

All I can say that a PIL is not really sustainable AFAIL.

Your best recourse is to do a consumer forum case. As Rishikesh consumer court would have much lower list of pending cases and so the overall time process maybe lower. Joining many complaints would in fact delay the matters.

That said you need to have documentary back up of all the times you have got the complaint made / or car rectified for the stalling complaint.

Can you describe stalling that you experience?

@Skoda Corporate: This case is not sub-judice so can you comment why this customer is having problems and what is likely to be done to remedy this.

Last edited by sudev : 20th May 2009 at 14:53.
sudev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2009, 14:53   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I bought this Car on 9-May-08 and till date, after more than a Year of purchase, all I have got from Skoda are lies and false assurances.
Chances are that the problem will be diagnosed and solved on 10th May 2010. Post warranty period. At your cost of course !

Sell it. Pronto.
shuvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2009, 15:11   #25
BHPian

After each incident of Engine Stalling, it takes at least 30-40 minutes for the Car to be re-started. This is a very dangerous thing specially on a Highway, but Skoda is not ready to acknowledge this risk. Yesterday itself, while travelling to Delhi, the Engine had stalled repeatedly only after switching off the AC, my father could reach Delhi. It was a horrible ordeal for my family, my parents are sometimes forced to travel in Taxis due to Engine Stalling issue.

Also, I have confirmation from Skoda itself that they have stopped the production of Fabia 1.4 MPI due to many defects in the model. They have done this within the Very First Year of launching this model due to defects reported. My father has spent a lot of his savings in purchasing this car and Skoda has made them suffer like anything.

I would appreciate any media contacts from the Team where I can air my grievances, I have written to TOI but not got much help from them. Any help in this regard will be greatly apprecitaed.
Gaurav Mathur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2009, 15:12   #26
Senior - BHPian

Suggestion to Mods: Maybe we should have a separate section for Skoda Woes.
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2009, 15:48   #27
BHPian

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Suggestion to Mods: Maybe we should have a separate section for Skoda Woes.
I agree
Also is there some option like a class action suit in India. I dont think there is anything to improve here - we have given enough chances to S(k)ODA, lets just get them to shut shop and leave us in peace !!!!
jassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2009, 15:50   #28
BHPian

Get ready Team BHP - You will get a warning letter from Skoda soon
shrinivasap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2009, 16:12   #29
BHPian

Gaurav, quite a shocker there. Do follow the linky's provided. GTO has also posted the autocar email id. Do write to them. This seems to be absolutely shocking behavior by Skoda.

BTW, can you tell us in a little more detail a couple of incidences of the stalling, and what it was diagnosed as by Skoda?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
By the way, Skoda is making Fiat look awesome!!
Dude, this is a Skoda bashing thread, not FIAT. :P
anurag_p80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2009, 16:49   #30
BHPian

Can the stalling issue be due to the fuel adulteration. Or can the RON requirement also result in the same as SKODA's engine are made for 95 RON (91 RON minimum).
Name:  Fabia.jpg
Views: 1935
Size:  66.3 KB
neeld is offline   Reply With Quote