Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 16th July 2015, 20:13   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Figo Battery Dies, Family Stranded - Ford Helpline & Elite Ford @ Bangalore unable to help

Always helps to carry a few emergency knick-knacks in the boot; a tow-rope, a jump-start cable etc.

All well and good to expect (and be fairly entitled to) good service for your money but what if it doesn't arrive (for whatever reasons), like it happened here?

Nobody should become an automobile engineer to own a car, but every car owner should know at least the bare minimum emergency stuff to avoid hassles like this. An "I don't need/want to know how to troubleshoot stuff" approach won't work, esp. not in India with its still nascent RSA services.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 16th July 2015 at 20:15.
Chetan_Rao is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2015, 20:26   #17
BHPian

Default Re: Careless and irresponsible attitude by Elite Ford@Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Quite frankly, the title is very misleading. I would actually be surprised that the service center had someone to attend calls at that time on a Sunday night

I have got cold shoulders from Maruti and Honda service centres too, but then I would never blame them, as both the occasions were at odd timings and at distant locations. But at a dealer level that is what they can do. Come on, we can't expect them to be ready to help us all the time right?
Arvind,
1. 24x7 number is provided by the Company, it has a toll free number and some other numbers. It is supposed to be consistent and that's the reason a sticker at rear quarter glass has those contact numbers.
2. Seems I missed to mention - that was a HELPLINE number provided by the Dealer and not the usual service center number.
3. I quoted examples from other brands Ford competes with. Usually you get positive and friendly response.
4. Title - yes agreed! But you can forgive me for that - my first thread!

Last edited by Zinda : 16th July 2015 at 20:28. Reason: Shortening the quote, and adding point#3
Zinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2015, 20:33   #18
BHPian

Default Re: Figo Battery Dies, Family Stranded - Ford Helpline & Elite Ford @ Bangalore unable to help

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
You've called Elite Ford - what you should have asked them is their 24 hr helpline. ...- this is where keeping a calm mind and common sense helps.

Next time this happens, relax and call the right people !
It was 24hr helpline number Pratyush. That was the reason for disappointment and this post. One should not expect help during odd hours from regular service numbers.
Probably I would have done the same, but maybe he had a long and tiring day or maybe this happened for the first time in his ownership of almost 3 years and 20k kms..
Zinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2015, 21:21   #19
BHPian

Alternatively, what i would suggest is to contact your SA if you have a good rapport with him. Even though its little late in the night they will always have some way out to help you.
kiran_cr is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2015, 22:23   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Suggestion - Please ask your cousin to opt for a car helpline. I use crossroads and they come in handy in such situations.
I have used Maruti helpline once few years back when I landed in an accident. It worked out OK. I would like to know about car helpline like crossroads. Please share some details and experience.
ankan.m.blr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2015, 22:28   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
I have used Maruti helpline once few years back when I landed in an accident. It worked out OK. I would like to know about car helpline like crossroads. Please share some details and experience.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-fastrack.html (Car helpline services - Crossroads / Race/ fastrack?)

Personally, I use crossroads for all my cars (in Delhi / NCR). Touchwood, it has never disappointed me.

I've used their services to jump start my cars twice when the batteries gave way and to change a flat tyre a couple of times.

When I started some years back, the annual fees was 365 Rs (1 Re / day was advertised). It is now approx 600 Rs pa / car.

Last edited by Eddy : 17th July 2015 at 10:12.
Eddy is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2015, 02:07   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-fastrack.html (Car helpline services - Crossroads / Race/ fastrack?)

Personally, I use crossroads for all my cars (in Delhi / NCR). Touchwood, it has never disappointed me.

I've used their services to jump start my cars twice when the batteries gave way and to change a flat tyre a couple of times.

When I started some years back, the annual fees was 365 Rs (1 Re / day was advertised). It is now approx 600 Rs pa / car.
Folks,

Anyone heard of Mericar in NCR. They claim to have a head office in Gurgaon and I've read some information in Economic Times etc although it was a while ago. They claim to be quiet efficient. Need some info post pathetic experience with RACE. I believe they've shut down - no one answers their phones anymore.

Regards, Sunil
Bon Vivant is offline   Reply With Quote