Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 30th May 2009, 19:00   #1
Default I think PRIDE HONDA cheated me

mods,i dont know if this is the exact thread to post my topic but if you feel this I have posted this in the wrong thread ,please shift it to the right thread as i am still a baby in this forum

i have a 2000 OHC , maharaja gold colour.though its an old car,its our lucky car so we wont sell it at all.you can see the pictures of the car in my " new exotic SUV Audi Q7 " thread.

as the car needed a part change because of its age,we gave it to PRIDE HONDA in 2008 february.( dont know the exact date ) .
they changed many parts as given in the bill and we paid 88,920 including taxes and took the delivery after 15 days. ( march )

we lost the bill within a few days as our servant was new and she mistook it as an old newpaper . i faintly remember ,they changed the 4 springs, drive rod and the whole silencer assembly .( there were many items but i could remember having seen these items only)

now its been a year and a quarter since the service and the car started giving many problems . suspensions not working, car shaking HEAVILY even at speeds of 40 km/h. rattling noise is heard when the car turns. different sound is heard hen i drive the car with the A/C on ( sounds more like the formula 1 cars ) .
when i took the car to a private trustful workshop " Mazda motors " here, they said that the dealers gave me faulty parts and i need to ask he dealers strictly again but i dont have any evidence with me.all i have is the car ,the ( maybe faulty) parts and myself as the owner of the car.

please help me with this problem
. BTW , i cant spend another lakh on this car again.

P.S - sorry if i made any typo's as im writing this post in a hurry because its my friends PC

Last edited by shreyas28 : 30th May 2009 at 19:09.
shreyas28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2009, 19:15   #2

Well Shreyas, all companies keep a copy of the bills they generate, so a copy can be made available to you if they want. So the thing you need to do now is, I guess, use all the sweet talking skills to get a copy of the bill out from them and then start the fireworks!!
By the way, I'm surprised with the name Pride Honda being brought up!!A lot of my friends use Pride Honda for servicing their cars,so will be looking out at what you have to say for their sake!!
neel385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2009, 19:58   #3

You should be able to get a copy of your rcpt and work done from the dealership. Ask them for it before taking the car back in.

But, in their defense, 15mos is a long time. Warranties are typically 3mos to a year. Even if you now think you had substandard parts, it is going to be hard to prove. How can one be certain these were not changed by the owner or by the driver or... No independent verification of how the car was used etc.

Take it back to them after you get the list of work done and then get their estimate. Have you had your wheels balanced? Shaking could be because of that. Noise from AC could be from slipping belt, failing bearing. Suspension not working -- not clear what that means -- perhaps your shocks are bad (you did not indicate that these were replaced last time). Rattle can be caused by many things -- some simple, some not.

Perhaps you should post a list of the exact deficiencies your trusted service center has determined are defective.

It's easy to jump in blaming the dealership, but the problem may not be from there.bn

71Convertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2009, 20:06   #4
Senior - BHPian

get a second or even third opinion - it'll help determine the real cause of these problems.

anekho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2009, 09:16   #5

I think this is managable. Here's what I'd do.

- Take the car to Pride Honda and get an assessment done.
- Ask them for a copy of the jobcard for the job they carried out in Feb 2008. They have to have it & they should give it to you.
- Tally what all repairs were carried out in Feb 2008 & What are the repairs that are required now.
- Reason it out with the dealer. If no luck, write to Honda directly. It is not often that a customer spends close to a lac on a Honda for maintenance. If not a complete FOC offer, you might be able to land up with some good discounts.

Honda guys IMO are reasonable people...if you reason well enough, you have a 'mid-way' settlement. All the best.
BeamerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2009, 13:29   #6
Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Just go to Honda first and ask for a copy of the bill. Tell them you misplaced yours and you need another one for your office books. They will surely issue you a duplicate.

Also i don't think that repairs jobs warranty would be valid after an year. Get your car accessed at another place. Write back with what all jobs that needs to be done.
Switch is offline   Reply With Quote