Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 4th June 2009, 15:02   #1
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Default Incompetent TATA Dealer-Auto Industries Goa

Here is my recent experience with the TATA Dealer in Goa
I visited the Auto Industries Goa (N.D. Naik) service center at Fatorda Goa on 14.05.2009. I complained that my car (Fiat Siena 1.6 ELX) was not starting. I was given a phone number to call for the car to be towed. I did so and after a while the people arrived and jump started the car and drove it to the workshop. I followed the car and waited at the reception where I was told to wait. The car meanwhile was driven into the workshop. After waiting a long time I inquired what was happening. I was told to speak with the service advisor by phone. I explained the problem and he said that since they had a lot of cars it would not be possible to attend to the car the same day. I checked the next day and I was given the mobile number of the service advisor and told to speak directly with him. He said the car will be ready by evening. However I received no information from the service center. On 16.05.2009, I went to the center to find out what was going on. They told me the alternator was faulty and maybe the battery is also bad. I had recently changed the battery (less than a year) and the alternator was fully serviced at a private workshop a few days ago. I was not given any estimate of the job. Infact no job card was made and shown to me. When I demanded it I was given one with the date as 15.05.2009. They could not explain why the date was not 14.05.2009 and why I was not given the card on the 14th itself. I demanded to meet someone higher up but the service manager Mr. Joe said he was on leave. I then asked to meet the next higher up person and again he said he was out. After a lot of argument I was made to speak with him on the phone. He was fully aware of the procedures when a customer brings in a car but had no idea why his staff was not following the same. He assured me that he would take action against the concerned staff. I have still not received any confirmation of the same. I asked for the car to be returned as I did not trust the dealer anymore. I asked for the e-mail address of Customer Care and the service manager told me it was supportwest@tatamotors.com. I tried mailing the above write up a number of times but the mail didn't go through. I then asked the Service Manager for the phone number. He gave me a toll free number which was permanently engaged. Finally I did manage to get through. The executive on line told me that the e-mail address was customercare@tatamotors.com. The least TATA Motors can do is at least make sure their dealers know the e-mail id.

I was told to forward my complain with the engine and chassis number which I did and was also acknowledged by them.
pedrolourenco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2009, 15:22   #2
Senior - BHPian

Pedro, if you want to escalate to Fiat, the mail-id is: service@fiapl.com
finneyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2009, 15:36   #3
Senior - BHPian

to escalate to tata , use the following adresses
Tata Motors Customer Care :: Reach Us
greenhorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2009, 16:00   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Pedro, if you want to escalate to Fiat, the mail-id is: service@fiapl.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
to escalate to tata , use the following adresses
Tata Motors Customer Care :: Reach Us
Thanks. I will follow these two leads and post. Meanwhile I plan to make the details of my case public if Tata Motors does not act fast.
Old 4th June 2009, 16:15   #5
BHPian

try taking dinar with you next time , and watch them run for cover

Last edited by techn0l0gist : 4th June 2009 at 16:18.
techn0l0gist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2009, 16:20   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techn0l0gist View Post
There used to be some tata customer care centre kind of thing in margao near ktc - don't know if it still exists, maybe you could try there.

Also Auto Industries don't have very good reputation of getting things done right, try taking Dinar next time you visit their workshop and see the expression on their faces
I don't think it's there but I'll check. I will take Dinar if he manages to get some free time. But anyway I won't let them get away with it. I had made Auto Wheels as well as Millenium Auto dance when they didn't give proper service.
Old 4th June 2009, 16:36   #7
Senior - BHPian

Hey, the thing is not yet fixed? did they give you actual cause at least?
Please keep a record of the work sheet provided, I mean photo copy of the one which is given to them back after the work is completed and signed by you. N.D Naik ,has history of conveniently loosing the work sheets when the engineers from TATA pune Arrive to attained to complaints like these.[have experience with this].
Make a letter of compliant an inward it addresses to General manager and demand to meet one of the directors, without increasing your voice [make a point to meet one] And your work will be done quit fast.

Last edited by dinar : 4th June 2009 at 16:42.
dinar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2009, 18:34   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
Hey, the thing is not yet fixed? did they give you actual cause at least?
Please keep a record of the work sheet provided, I mean photo copy of the one which is given to them back after the work is completed and signed by you. N.D Naik ,has history of conveniently loosing the work sheets when the engineers from TATA pune Arrive to attained to complaints like these.[have experience with this].
Make a letter of compliant an inward it addresses to General manager and demand to meet one of the directors, without increasing your voice [make a point to meet one] And your work will be done quit fast.
I've removed the car from the workshop long back. I told them not to touch anything. It's at a private workshop. We've identified the problem. The fan is gone for sure. The alternator bearing also gave way and there's a slight damage to coil. However the alternator works well with the AC off. The alternator was overhauled recently. Don't know how it happened. I'm just wondering whether the guys a TATA screwed it up while the car was in the workshop. They have a history of doing this kind of stuff. I'm trying to get a new alternator rather than repair the old one.