Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 20th June 2009, 08:36   #1
BHPian

Question Kanchana Hyundai Mangalore Service Experiences?

Has anyone had a good or bad experience dealing with Kanchana Hyundai regarding service? They are located in Mangalore, Karnataka and supposedly owned by a Prasad Kanchan. Anyone know of his reputation?
Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2009, 10:36   #2
Team-BHP Support

Here is my service experience from their Udupi branch.

Whenever I gave the car for routine paid service, it came back the same way, I am not sure they even wash it. Then I had one horrible experience. The brakes weren't very effective and the rear wheels used to be slightly stuck whenever I start in the morning. When I gave it for service, I specifically mentioned the problem with the rear brakes. They returned the car later saying there is no real problem, just pads are little worn out, etc. I didn't believe this story, so I gave the car to an authorised service center on the same road. Guess what, the brake fluid had totally leaked off from the rear drums. They were able to show me the symptoms from outside. That means Kanchana workshop hadn't even looked at the problem I mentioned.

Needless to say, I don't give my vehicle to them anymore.

This is a quote from me from another thread about their sales experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
If Kanchan Hyundai-Mangalore had given me the TD of Tucson as promised, I would be driving the Tuscon right now.

When I initially visited Kanchan Hyundai-Udupi in my Santro (Baleno was sold by then in anticipation of Safari which didn't happen), they were very interested to sell me a small car. When I said I want to TD Tucson, the face of the sales guy just flopped all the way to the ground. They had no interest in selling that car. When I persisted on Tucson, he gave me the GM's number for Kanchan Hyundai-Mangalore and asked me to arranged it myself.

When I spoke to the GM of Kanchan Hyundai-Mangalore, he promised to send TD vehicle in next two days. While waiting of it, I also TDed GV just to get a reference point for Tucson. After many reminders, the GM of Kanchan Hyundai-Mangalore failed to keep his word. After the GV TD, I started researching GV and found it very interesting. Meanwhile the Tata motors were also continuously stalling on 2.2L TD while everybody else in the country was getting the TD. Finally since I didn't have any other alternative, I booked the GV and rest is history.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2009, 15:57   #3
BHPian

Samurai, thank you very much for sharing your experiences.
Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2012, 18:01   #4
BHPian

Default Re: Kanchana Hyundai Mangalore Service Experiences?

Yup. Prasad Kanchan owns Hyundai in mangalore and udupi as well as TVS motors
ullal_h is offline   Reply With Quote