Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Closed Thread

Old 14th July 2009, 16:08   #1
BHPian

Default Maruti SX4 Delivery issues

I am trying to help my co-brother in solving his long pending Maruti SX 4 delivery issues. Till date he has not been able to take reciept of his car at the same time undergoing the agony of talking and writing to deaf contact points..

Can anyone of you share the contact details of the senior most employee in MUL who can handle the plight and provide a resolution asap....

here is the mail that my co-brother wrote to Maruti. There has been no confirmation if the mail has been read by the intended recipient. Please note that there would be references of OFFICE in the mail content below as the deal is being made between my co-brother's company where he works for and Garuda, who has recently been approved for selling Maruti.

--------------------------------------
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, July 07, 2009 4:09 PM
To: 'shinzo@maruti.co.in'
Cc: 'nakanishi@maruti.co.in'
Subject: Purchase Disppointment

Dear Mr.Shinzo

Name - ABC
Ph No - 9xxxxxxxxx
Car Booked - SX4, ZXI
Date of Booking - 15th June.
Bangalore Maruti Sales Manager - Singar M
Bangalore Dealer - Kiran, Garuda Dealers
Existin Car - Maruti Alto

This has reference to the booking of my SX4 at your bangalore dealer Garuda. Im an existing Alto owner and my obvious choice when it came to upgrade was Maruti, given the exceptional experience with the car. I gave my confirmation to Singar on 15th June and trust me I came back on the same day as i wanted to avail the corporate discount given to XXX employees. For me, to do a test drive and confirm in one day was a tough decision, but i knew i could never go wrong with Maruti.
To my dismay, Im thoroughly disappointed with the way the whole delivery process has been handled. While i had requested for the delivery on 29th given that was my anniversary, but i knew that i was pushing my luck which could not be possible and i completely understand the same. I was always told that the despatch would happen in the next couple of days. What was even more surprising was the fact that the enthusiasm that Singar and Kiran showed in me confirming my booking was completely lacking post my booking. There is not one single call that I have recieved from either of them to confront and tell me there is a delay in despatch.
Yesterday after so many days of follow up, when i speak to Singar, he gives me an alternate that if it is not Metallic Sunlight copper colour, i can help in getting the despatch from the Gurgaon office at the earliest. Why should i compromise after such a long time?
I have my parents coming over this weekend, given the car has not been despatched yet, assuming it does before the car becomes extinct, if i get it beyond 13th there is no joy as they leave the same week. While i write to you, I have called my office to cancel the payment DD which has been ready for the last 15 days.
Hopefully my feedback to you would help to handle future issues.

Warm Regards
ABC

----------------
Old 15th July 2009, 09:40   #2
BHPian

S3va if nothing is pending from them(Sringar) why not try another dealer. May be Pratham/Bimal etc. Even if booking amount is pending with the existing one these dealer will get the same from them. It happened with me when i was buying Getz and i shifted from Advaith to Trident(good offer from trident). If not at least it will expedite the process from the existing dealer.

Last edited by aka_iitd : 15th July 2009 at 09:41.
Old 15th July 2009, 11:18   #3
Senior - BHPian

There seems to be a problem with S. Copper. I hear that other colours are more readily available, and that SC has to be 'manufactured' - no stock.
Old 15th July 2009, 14:20   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
S3va if nothing is pending from them(Sringar) why not try another dealer. May be Pratham/Bimal etc. Even if booking amount is pending with the existing one these dealer will get the same from them. It happened with me when i was buying Getz and i shifted from Advaith to Trident(good offer from trident). If not at least it will expedite the process from the existing dealer.
The deal is between the company where my co brother works for and the dealer ie Garuda, as the car is being bought through the company that he works for. So i dont think its viable to change the dealer now.
Old 22nd July 2009, 15:21   #5
BHPian

with a lot of higher escalations, the car was ultimately delivered last week...!!!

mods you may please close this thread

Thanks
Siva
Old 22nd July 2009, 16:07   #6
Senior - BHPian

Good to know that issue was resolved.

Care to share how you worked it out?
Old 28th July 2009, 16:51   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Good to know that issue was resolved.

Care to share how you worked it out?
As mentioned, with a few more escalation mails(this time to the MUL South Regional folks) and calls, my co-brother's complain was paid the due attention & the car was delivered within 3-4 days. As someone mentioned here, it was the color that created the lag, but the whole point was MUL should not have kept my co-brother in dark !!!

Regards
Siva
Closed Thread