Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2009, 17:28   #16
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: dont know
Posts: 199
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
They are built on the same platforms, use the same engines and most of the electrics. Only the body shape differs. Get up to date on your favorite brand's platform strategies, or you'll end up putting your foot in your mouth, like you just did.

The Fabia is now built in VW's plant. So how does that make you feel about Czech build vis a vis German build when they are both Indian build?
All i can say is do some more research before you comment. Just reading some automags might not help you. Also read carefully. I mentioned Skoda is mostly left overs of VW. Anyways I am not going to discuss any further.
D-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2009, 18:01   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 47,735
Thanked: 89,304 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Man View Post
Comparing a Chek to German build is again not a smart thing. Skoda is a left overs from most of production work of VW.
D-Man, I can assure you that a Skoda Laura is as German as your VW is. Hey, don't take my word for it. Go speak to VW India directly.

I understand that you are a proud owner of a Passat. However, please note that Team-BHP does NOT appreciate blind bias. No need to put down one product to show the other's superiority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk123 View Post
My 2 year old 280CDI bought from Sanghi is giving me some AC problems. It has individual climate control for all 4 passengers. But the driver side and the passenger behind the driver are not cooling at all. I'm confused where to take the car cause I have a feeling this might cost a bomb to rectify. Although Sanghi guys said the workshop is open till September, i think i'll take it to Autohangar, so if the problem reoccurs atleast i'll have someone to catch.
Go to Auto Hangar, and make a request to Mercedes. They'll do this job for free under their "goodwill warranty" (basically covering major failures in the third year of ownership).
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2009, 13:05   #18
Distinguished - BHPian
 
harit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,953
Thanked: 2,723 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
As far as i know Auto Hanger is the only dealer now and Mercedes is not looking for another one for Bombay. They are looking for Nasik and Ahemdabad. Auto Hanger would open the Showroom at Metro Motors, replaceing Mitsubishi.
No idea why Sanghi split but someone from Auto Hanger told me that they were not performing as expected. Someone else told me that Sanghi had an offer from Audi or VW. So dont know the real factor.
Please see the letter attached. They seem to be looking for a second dealer, according to MBIL themselves.

Cheers harit
Attached Thumbnails
Sanghi is no longer a Mercedes dealer EDIT: New Auto Hangar showroom pics on page 3-merc-letter.jpg  

harit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2009, 13:06   #19
BHPian
 
manishk123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: mumbai
Posts: 351
Thanked: 215 Times
Default

Quote:
Go to Auto Hangar, and make a request to Mercedes. They'll do this job for free under their "goodwill warranty" (basically covering major failures in the third year of ownership).
Sent the car to Autohangar. The service engineer told me he will talk to MBIL for getting the job done under 'goodwill'. Thanks for the information. Did'nt know they had something like that.

Last edited by v12 : 19th July 2009 at 20:10.
manishk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2009, 19:25   #20
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 47,735
Thanked: 89,304 Times
Default

I know one person who'd be delighted at this development = Auto Hangar! Merc is effectively handing over the lucrative south + central mumbai + entry suburbs (bandra etc.) markets over to Auto Hangar. Their notices clearly invite proposals for the western suburbs and new bombay areas ONLY.

@ Manish : No sweat. I hope it works out for you.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2009, 19:29   #21
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Mpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 10,432
Thanked: 1,682 Times
Default

A large market like Mumbai needs at least 2 dealers if not 3. Only healthy competetion can ensure good quality service.

Until the new 2nd dealer comes up (2 yrs??), Auto Hangar have the whole pie to themselves.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2009, 16:00   #22
BHPian
 
manishk123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: mumbai
Posts: 351
Thanked: 215 Times
Default

AutoHangar service engineer just informed me that the cooling coil on my car has developed a leak and needs to be replaced. Said the entire dash has to be removed to replace it. However, since my car is only 2.5 years old the company will do it under Goodwill warranty.

Thanks everyone for all the advice.
manishk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2009, 14:13   #23
Distinguished - BHPian
 
harit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,953
Thanked: 2,723 Times
Default

Now the Sanghi show room at Hughes Road is bare. Till a few days ago there were some cars, they were registered cars with plates.
Now even the signs have come off. Wonder what they will do for the window glasses, the Merc star was etched on them.
harit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2009, 20:28   #24
Senior - BHPian
 
Dippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai, India
Posts: 7,269
Thanked: 163 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
Now the Sanghi show room at Hughes Road is bare. Till a few days ago there were some cars, they were registered cars with plates.
Now even the signs have come off. Wonder what they will do for the window glasses, the Merc star was etched on them.
I guess the glasses will just be replaced with new ones. I'm quite keen to know what will be coming up instead of the Merc dealership there. Also the new Auto Hangar showroom I feel will be the biggest in Mumbai . That Metro Motors space is quite huge.
Dippy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2009, 20:18   #25
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 47,735
Thanked: 89,304 Times
Default

Quote:
Also the new Auto Hangar showroom I feel will be the biggest in Mumbai . That Metro Motors space is quite huge.
Auto Hangars taking up the Metro showroom? Why on earth would HM Mitsubishi do that (they own metro motors)
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2009, 21:21   #26
Senior - BHPian
 
Dippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai, India
Posts: 7,269
Thanked: 163 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Auto Hangars taking up the Metro showroom? Why on earth would HM Mitsubishi do that (they own metro motors)
Yep thats right. The new Auto hangar showroom replaces Mitsubishi which is now located at Atria Mall.
Dippy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2009, 11:16   #27
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 47,735
Thanked: 89,304 Times
Default

Quote:
Yep thats right. The new Auto hangar showroom replaces Mitsubishi which is now located at Atria Mall.
Ah, the one at Atria Mall. That figures. Atria property is much smaller than their flagship at Opera house. On a related note, just saw Auto Hangar's showroom on Link road (Andheri). They have Mumbai all to themselves at the moment, and are doing a pretty good job of covering it.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2009, 09:50   #28
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 47,735
Thanked: 89,304 Times
Default

Guess who's taking up Sanghis position as Mercs second dealer in Mumbai. Shaman Auto! Shaman is on an absolute roll : Honda, Ford, Tata-Fiat and now Mercedes.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2009, 10:08   #29
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 474
Thanked: 25 Times
Default

Where will be the Showroom and Workshop for Shaman Motors ?

btw anyone here who has got their cars serviced by Shaman Motors ? Any advice will be appreciated regarding experience of giving cars to them for service and repairs.
supercars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2009, 00:29   #30
Distinguished - BHPian
 
harit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,953
Thanked: 2,723 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
As far as i know Auto Hanger is the only dealer now and Mercedes is not looking for another one for Bombay. They are looking for Nasik and Ahemdabad. Auto Hanger would open the Showroom at Metro Motors, replaceing Mitsubishi.
No idea why Sanghi split but someone from Auto Hanger told me that they were not performing as expected. Someone else told me that Sanghi had an offer from Audi or VW. So dont know the real factor.
Remember your quote above? One reason for their going the separate ways was MB insistance to invest more in show rooms and goods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
Please see the letter attached. They seem to be looking for a second dealer, according to MBIL themselves.
Cheers harit
See, I told you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Guess who's taking up Sanghis position as Mercs second dealer in Mumbai. Shaman Auto! Shaman is on an absolute roll : Honda, Ford, Tata-Fiat and now Mercedes.
This is true, I also heard. But to start with no showroom in south Mumbai, probably suburbs? Let us see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercars View Post
Where will be the Showroom and Workshop for Shaman Motors ?

btw anyone here who has got their cars serviced by Shaman Motors ? Any advice will be appreciated regarding experience of giving cars to them for service and repairs.
Very important question. I always like to get a new car serviced by the dealer from whom I bought a car. So Sanghi did my Conti till it was not worth the bother, Vitesse the Maruti, National Garage the Opel till they orphaned it, and the Mercedes-it is a 124, was booked from United Motors, they serviced it till they shut, then it went to Concorde till they shut, then it went to Sanghi who have not shut but are now not authorised, now do I go to Shaman or to Auto Hanger? Maybe where I go they will also shut shop

MB has a consistance to increase prices and change dealers.
So how is Shaman? Please do tell.

Last edited by harit : 12th October 2009 at 00:34.
harit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mercedes Benz C63 AMG at Auto Hangar hanmust Super-Cars & Imports in India 85 3rd April 2014 17:44
Auto Hangar & Mercedes Benz - Pathetic Service MumBiker Indian Car Dealerships 19 15th February 2014 17:59
Auto Hangar's new Mercedes-Benz showroom @ Mumbai GTO Indian Car Dealerships 2 20th August 2012 17:39
Pune gets a Nissan showroom and a new Mercedes Benz showroom vikrantj Indian Car Dealerships 2 30th November 2009 09:06
A trip to Sanghi Temple @ Hyderabad TrueDreamer Travelogues 8 4th February 2008 22:32


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:31.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks