Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 17th July 2009, 16:19   #1
BHPian

Default An experience with Hans Hyundai, Delhi

After using my alto lxi for nearly 3.5 years, I was looking for something which has a decent engine, and comfortable position for tiring city drives. Plus I wanted car with least width as in delhi's traffic width is more of a concern than length. I had narrowed down ritz,i10,i20 and punto. It didnt took me long to decide that I wanted i10 Sportz 1.2 in white color with Fog lamps.

Made calls to Hans hyundai and I was able to get a decent deal. They offered me 13k straight discount + 15k exchange bonus. And complimentary Mud flaps and door mats. I was ok with the deal and I opted to get gear lock and fog lamps installed from the dealer itself. I was quoted 1k for gear lock and 3k for fog lamps.
Booked the car on 9th July and the salesman assured me that loan approval would take 2 days so car would be with you in 3-4 days.
Being slow with papers they took nearly a week to get things done and finally loan got approved on 16th July, he asked to take delivery on 17th, thats today.

I along with rest of the payment and rest of papers land at the showroom expecting to take keys to my new car. They show me my car, he says " Sir, gaadi par thoda kaam hua hai" , I'm puzzled "what kaam ?"
On his own will, he has added the following accessories:

1. All wooden panels across and that super yucky wooden gearstick - 8.5k
2. Cobra security system - 8.5k
3. Door visors - 500
4. Side step garnish - 500 or 1000

Other than this, the door mats were all soiled and messed up as the car was in showroom for some days, he assured I would get new mats. I was already feeling very irritated at these things. He constantly pushed me to buy this car and all these accessories are very good and he would even give me discount on it. BUT the main point was that I didnt ask them to put in those and why should I take things which I don't even like esp that wooden gear stick !
Although he tried forcing me to take that car and was kinda scaring me that new one would take 6-7 days more to come as it would come from Chennai. After thinking sometime at the showroom, I took the decision that I don't want this car. I asked them to give me a new car as I'm ready to wait but not take this car.
Now, I'm back from the showroom but I'm left very irritated and didn't like the dealer's approach.
inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2009, 16:28   #2
BHPian

Good decision. Did you have a look at the car before the accessories were added ? Or was this your first view of the car ?
I have a feeling he may have been trying to push a cancelled booking onto you.
Seeler_Rebeiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2009, 16:36   #3
Team-BHP Support

Way to go. The salesman was trying to pull a fast one on you. Buggers !!
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2009, 16:44   #4
BHPian

i had went to hans hyundai, they had a white i10 sports standing in the showroom.

it had the same yucky wooden interiors, and super yucky gear-stick.

i hope they were trying to sell you the car that was being used as a showroom mannequin.

BTW, at that time (about 1.5 months ago) they were selling it for 50k more than normal rate.

their salesperson were really not bothered about selling the car.

i wrote a mail to hyundai Customer relationship, and the next day i got a call from hans hyundai with a very softspoken person on the other side.

Last edited by pb10gagan : 17th July 2009 at 16:45.
pb10gagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2009, 16:45   #5
BHPian

That's horrible. Some chap might have cancelled his booking/upgraded to i20 and hence this car was being forced on you.
Good decision.
live2drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2009, 16:46   #6
BHPian

wise decision.
maybe somebody had asked for those accessories and then the deal did not go through.
MuraliR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2009, 16:48   #7
Senior - BHPian

You would have asked your money back straightaway and i am sure the Salesman would have come back to his track.

BTW why dint you try contacting other dealers too for finding out the deals/delivery times etc.

Anyways, be cautious with this dealer as the salesman has already tried a trick on you, so be armed with T-BHP checlist and try to check the car manufacture date etc etc.

cheers
simply_sunny001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2009, 16:50   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeler_Rebeiro View Post
Good decision. Did you have a look at the car before the accessories were added ? Or was this your first view of the car ?
I have a feeling he may have been trying to push a cancelled booking onto you.
This was my first view as per him, though I asked him that Why he was fibbing with me that the car would come from kappasera stockyard as this car was in showroom since 1 week. Though he insisted that its a new one and the one which I remember was already sold out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb10gagan View Post
i had went to hans hyundai, they had a white i10 sports standing in the showroom.

it had the same yucky wooden interiors, and super yucky gear-stick.

i hope they were trying to sell you the car that was being used as a showroom mannequin.

BTW, at that time (about 1.5 months ago) they were selling it for 50k more than normal rate.

their salesperson were really not bothered about selling the car.

i wrote a mail to hyundai Customer relationship, and the next day i got a call from hans hyundai with a very softspoken person on the other side.
Yeah, even I could make out that as the door mats were quite worn off and were soiled.

@simply_sunny001
I didnt cancel booking as they charge another 3k to cancel the booking. and yeah I'll be lot more careful while taking my supposedly new car which I'll be getting in next 7 to 10 days.

@ harry10
I dont want to make it more complicated. Just waiting and expecting them to deliver me a new car in coming days. More so ever, they have a proper demo i10 car, so its safe to wait.

Last edited by inferno : 17th July 2009 at 17:03.
Old 17th July 2009, 16:59   #9
Senior - BHPian

IMO you must cancel your booking and book through another dealer.
Complain to hyundai and check with them if 3k can be taken care of for cancellation.
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2009, 00:05   #10
aZa
Senior - BHPian

inferno i went to hans hyundai on 14th, i think i saw a similar car in the showroom! I'd say you did the right thing by not buying it. Hyundai has many dealers all over the city, just move to a other dealer and make sure you see ur car in the stock yard or where ever before finalising and also note down the VIN number etc.
aZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2009, 00:56   #11
BHPian

Good decision.
you only saw the interiors, god know whats was inside bonnet.

anyway visit another dealer and report this to Hyundai in writing, that your stupid dealers are making your car buyers look stupid which we are not.

Also check with another dealer who might be able to migrate you without the loss of 3k.
ghpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2009, 01:54   #12
Senior - BHPian

I suggest complain to Hyundai, send them this thread- and change dealers...
ph03n!x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2009, 14:40   #13

guys which is the hyundai dealer in Delhi as i am looking forward to buying i20 ?
vikas44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2009, 14:46   #14
Awaiting Email Confirmation

i would say the RIGHT DECISION ! whats the PLAN OF ACTION ?

GOOD LUCK

Srinivas
srinivas9446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2009, 14:58   #15
BHPian

No particular action.... I just brashed the salesman for putting those accessories as demanded a new car as I'm ready to wait but want a fresh piece which is untouched.

I would be getting my white i10 Sportz on this sunday most probably. I'm getting Gear Lock and Fog lamps installed at my own expense from the showroom itself, as I personally feel that the front bumper feels a little incomplete without those fog lamps.