Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 22nd July 2009, 14:33   #16
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Dear Cliff,

Just cancel the booking would be my sincere advise. Would you still want to buy this car after the reviews here ! i know you have liked it, but the dealer not talking facts leaves a lot to be desire & shows whats in store in the future.

wish you good luck mate !

bye
srinivas
srinivas9446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2009, 15:06   #17
Senior - BHPian

The same happened to me when i bought my linea at concorde chennai. if they have despatched the vehicle then they would have got the chassis and engine number. do ask them for it. if they fail to give it means car has not got despatched at all.Fiat does not have a GPS in their carrier lorries so it is impossible to track the lorry in transit. If more trouble PM me i will give the ph no of the head of sales of chennai tata-fiat jv so that you can have a blast
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2009, 18:21   #18
BHPian

Update-

Gave a call to the executive yesterday,he didn't bother to pick up.Called him this morning,again he didn't pick up the call.An hour later he called me back and said that the car was dispatched yesterday. I said I'm not convinced and asked him the product manager's nr.Called the Product Manager immediately, he said the Fiat in-charge of Chennai had spoken to him regarding this issue(I had mailed fiatpl about the incident) and that I would get my car within next 10days, he added "Sir,If you want I can give you the Chasis nr and the engine nr".

I started blasting, "I don't want your nrs. and I can't wait for 10 more days ,for a car ordered a month back,it's being dispatched only now,didn't I pay 25k for the booking?If you want to sell me your car, it should be within next 5days and not more,else I am cancelling the booking".

He replied "Sir,I'll try".End of the conversation.

I'm wondering what's stopping Fiat to fulfil it's 17th booking in Chennai.I remember Rajeev Kapoor saying,

"The Tata-Fiat dealer network will ensure easy availability of the car and prompt after-sales service for its
owners. The Grande Punto will be retailed through the Tata-Fiat dealer network. The company has over 100
points of sales & service outlets allowing a much wider base of customers to experience the Grande Punto.
To further enhance customer experience and strengthen after sales support for Grande Punto, a series of
initiatives have been undertaken and over 800 dealer sales & service staff have undergone extensive
training. New dealer identity norms have been introduced at showrooms and workshops which meet
international standards".

I think there is no proper traversal of information within the management, there is absolutely no co-ordination at all.I'm not at all convinced with the entire handling of this issue, the executive replies as if I'm the one selling the car to him.

Guys,I will cancel the booking If I don't get the car in next 5days, so let's wait and watch.

@ph03n!x

I don't know about the Hyundai incident, but at the time of booking the dealer assured me that they would be able to get the alloys and tyres of the top end variant for my car.

@gemithomas,anurag_p80

I20 is definitely in my radar but not the Ritz,the design is too chunky for my liking.

@srinivas9446

When I sat in the drivers seat,my heart was sold to this car and felt this is the one for me,but then,my heart also doesn't like betrayel,so let's wait till the ultimatum gets over.

@geeash
Thanks mate,I'll definitely mail you if I'm forced to that kind of situation.

P.S:On the day when I booked my car,my executive had a conversation with someone over the phone and as the conversation ended, he muttered "the "I" on the emotion badge on a customer's Linea has fallen off and is it for this he is making such a noise,can't he stick it himself by buying a feviquick or something".I immediately told him if he does that the adhesive might spoil the entire paint pattern of the car and might trigger peeling off and also told him that there are specific adhesive for these purposes and that that should be used.He sarcasticly gave a nod.And that's where I started losing the confidence with this dealer.

Goes to show,how even a minute level of inattentiveness can displease a prospective buyer.

When is Indian consumer experience going to improve?Will it ever improve at all??
CliffHanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2009, 18:41   #19
BHPian

Cliff - I am sure you would face more issues with the TATA-FIAT A.S.S as I have with the Vista quadrajet. Better leave tata and try the i20 at least you have the second best A.S.S after maruti to deal with and they do take care of their customers lot more better.
kailashnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2009, 20:01   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
When is Indian consumer experience going to improve?Will it ever improve at all??
Dont worry, be happy ! This kind of situation is very common regardless of the brand and variant. Trust me, I have gone through the same waiting of 1 month after booking a Fiesta promised of delivery in 10 days. In majority of the cases, its not the dealer nor the brand at fault, but the sales guy who is dealing with us. He promises the impossible to get his sales targets done. We as customers believe everything in our excitement of the booking and dreaming of a new car !
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2009, 21:06   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Wasn't this same TAFE dealership a Hyundai dealer before? And weren't they closed down by Hyundai from some malpractices- extra fitments on lower end cars and selling them as higher end variants? I remember seeing a thread a while ago...
Yep its the same dealership.
Mission_Safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2009, 11:16   #22
BHPian

I too agree with shajufx, it is the sales guy who is at fault. They shouldn't make false promise. I'm sure, the sales guys either knew that he wouldn't get you the car so early as he promised or he made some negligence somewhere if others have already got the deliveries. When I bought Linea from Concorde Bangalore, the sales guys was very straight and never fake. If he couldn't, he would say it clearly. Very less talking from either side.
opendro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2009, 13:20   #23

While i fully understand your frustration, i would also like to point out here that one must not be in haste to take posession of the car. There is a high possibility of the dealer giving you a display/demo car etc if u insist on quick delivery and threaten to take away the booking etc (it doesnt happen always, but some of the dealers see this haste as an opportunity to pass off some of their old stock/damaged stock/display cars etc. In case of Punto, it is highly unlikely since the car is itself is brand new).

If u really liked the punto, it is better that u wait till the car is delivered and may be its a good idea to take down the Chassis/Engine/VIN etc of the car to ensure that u have been allotted a specific car.

Pls note i am not defending the dealer/brand here. Just a word of caution thats all.

If u really dont have any confdence in the dealer based on your interactions so far, book with another dealer.
itsrenjith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2009, 15:47   #24
BHPian

I guess all dealers are the same. This is evident from the numerous threads about the same issue of delivery being delayed.

Due to the competition in the market and stiff sales targets and dropping sales, the sales people who work on commissions are eager to make the sale and make false promises. Generally a person does not cancel the booking unless there has been an inordinate delay. There will be usual ranting, complaints to the higher ups and if it gets very ugly the car from another customer would be given to the guy who shouts the most.

This is a pattern which seems to be emerging everywhere
Palio_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2009, 21:58   #25
BHPian

Guys, my car has finally arrived in the dealer's stock yard, and I might get her delivered in a day or two. I just want to ask you all a couple of questions.

1. I'm yet have not decided on the Insurance company, the dealer said that he would choose the best option for me, but I don't want to believe him.
Can anybody suggest a good Insurance company?

2. On another thread, I found that fellow bhpian, crimson, got a corporate discount of 12k. But whenever I ask my dealer about this, he says "No discounts at all sir, this is a newly launched car"

Is he trying to fleece me? Does availing corporate discount vary from state to state?

Waiting for your replies..
Old 31st July 2009, 08:49   #26
BHPian

Guys, I'm reposting my previous post since I urgently need answers for them.
Guys, my car has finally arrived in the dealer's stock yard, and I might get her delivered in a day or two. I just want to ask you all a couple of questions.

1. I'm yet have not decided on the Insurance company, the dealer said that he would choose the best option for me, but I don't want to believe him.
Can anybody suggest a good Insurance company?

2. On another thread, I found that fellow bhpian, crimson, got a corporate discount of 12k. But whenever I ask my dealer about this, he says "No discounts at all sir, this is a newly launched car"

Is he trying to fleece me? Does availing corporate discount vary from state to state?

Waiting for your replies..
Old 31st July 2009, 08:58   #27
Team-BHP Support

Call up the dealer from another number, pose as a new customer and confirm the discount. As far as insurance goes, I would want to stick to a govt. company. Stay away from ICICI Lombard, which has a bad reputation throughout the the forum. Royal Sundaram also has a thread going against it but I am not sure if thats the majority opinion.

Look up the Insurance -- Ask me thread and rjvora for more queries !

All the best and drive safe
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2009, 10:30   #28
Senior - BHPian

Hope Fiat CEO is reading this in addition to reading t-bhp travelogues.
kutlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2009, 11:35   #29
BHPian

Well it can happen with you even while dealing with the best of the brands. So, irrespective of the name we 'the customers' are at the recieving end.
T_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2009, 13:19   #30
Senior - BHPian

I have good experiences with TATA AIG...
ph03n!x is offline   Reply With Quote