Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 14th August 2009, 13:55   #61
BHPian

No gear lever play in my Punto. (Atleast till it was hit.. right now it is in the garage)

The one that I test drove did not have any either.

This seems to be an one-off incident.
amoghchaphalkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2009, 13:58   #62
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Dear amit,

we are talking about SHIFTER LEVER PLAY: i.e, when one shifts the gear to any position , say when you shift the lever from 1st to 2nd and accelerate, the lever further moves down and when you deccelerate, the lever moves up.

This PLAY is quite visible without touching the lever. In few cars you can feel the lever moving when you place your hand on the lever.

i hope you got it.

anything else, let me know.
srinivas9446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2009, 14:05   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
As for my Punto, the gear lever is rock steady. There is no shivering, play or movement at any speed. Ditto in the SX4 and Palio S10. Why don't you write to Mangesh and Kaushik or go to another dealer?
Same with Fiat Petra!

I am absolutely paranoid about gear lever vibrations. It is deal breaker at least for me. I have noticed it prominently in Maruti 800, Indica and Indigo. (Indigo otherwise is a very spacious and comfortable car.)
RX135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2009, 15:25   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivas9446 View Post
Dear amit,

we are talking about SHIFTER LEVER PLAY: i.e, when one shifts the gear to any position , say when you shift the lever from 1st to 2nd and accelerate, the lever further moves down and when you deccelerate, the lever moves up.

This PLAY is quite visible without touching the lever. In few cars you can feel the lever moving when you place your hand on the lever.
Like I said earlier, there is absolutely no play in my Punto's gear lever at any speed and any gear. It seems like a probem in your car so see another dealer for a second opinion. Also, email Mangesh and Kaushik about your problem and see the difference in approach then.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2009, 15:27   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
No gear lever play in my Punto. (Atleast till it was hit.. right now it is in the garage)

The one that I test drove did not have any either.

This seems to be an one-off incident.
OT- In garage?
When did that happened as i follow your thread(guess i missed something)
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2009, 15:46   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
OT- In garage?
When did that happened as i follow your thread(guess i missed something)
Hey Harry !!

A drunk biker crashed into my car on Sunday. He was riding a Royal Enfied Bullet

The right front door needs to be replaced.

Hats off to the build quality of Punto though. Even after such a solid hit, the door was operating smoothly.

And yeah ... before anybody asks .. I have not taken any pics so won't be able to upload any.

I haven't mentioned anything on my thread. I will be writing a report after the car comes back from the service centre.

Back to the gear lever discussion.
amoghchaphalkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2009, 16:11   #67
Awaiting Email Confirmation

amit,

my ANHC does not have a single problem... TOUCH WOOD !

here we are discussing cliff's car.

bye !
srinivas9446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2009, 15:18   #68
BHPian

Default Gear Play

I am also owner of Punto 1.4 emotion pack. Even my punto facing this issue of gear play. Its quite anoying that new car which hardly done 800Km having this issue.
kalpurja is offline   Reply With Quote