Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 25th July 2009, 20:12   #1
BHPian

Thumbs up DIY Self Maintenance Program at KUN United Hafeezpet.

Hello Guys,

Yesterday evening I was invited by KUN United to attend a small program on DIY self maintenance on Saturday evening. So I went to the Hafeezpet branch today at 4 O clock to attend the program.

There were around 6 participants and the program started with a small delay of 15 minutes. Except me everyone had bought the vehical a week or two before. There was a New Santro available for the demo and a person from the dealership was giving the demo.

First part was related to the engine bay. All the attendees were told about all the engine fluids, how to inspect their levels and basic precautions when the hood is opened. Then the told us about how to replace the fuse from the fusebox and how to recognize which fuse is meant for which part in the car.

Then he guided all the people to the dash and described all the indiators on the dash. He told about use usage of various modes of aircon and in rains also.

The third stage was in the boot of the car, where he told about all the things in the boot like first aid kit, hazzard signal etc. He then demostrated how to jack the car and the correct way to remove the tire (loosen the nuts before jacking up).

Now, we all were guided to a samll lounge where they detialed the warranty and its limitations. He also told about what all actions will void the warranty. Everyone was served snacks and cold drinks and they were asked to provide their feedback about the program.

I suggested them to add a small topic about suggested driving setup and basic traffic rules like using low beam in night, which usually people tend to ignore.

Overall, this was a nice initiative by the dealership to educate their customers about the cars. The responsible person also communicated to all the attendees to invite their friends and relatives to the program irrespective of the dealer they have bought the car from. This was a nice little gesture from the delaership and I see them as a dedicated one in providing their customers with good services.
MrinalSinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2009, 23:24   #2
BHPian

But where is the DIY self maintanance thing.Isn't this supposed to be a self maintanance program ?
jithudigitised is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2009, 12:19   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrinalSinha View Post
Hello Guys,

Yesterday evening I was invited by KUN United to attend a small program on DIY self maintenance on Saturday evening. So I went to the Hafeezpet branch today at 4 O clock to attend the program. ....
Mrinal, it would be great if you share the details here.
kkr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2009, 13:05   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
Mrinal, it would be great if you share the details here.
Which details?

The program was for elementary information on the specific vehicle for new car owners, like how and how often to check the engine oil levels, break and transmission fluid levels. Wiper washer fluid. How to use car jack etc. How to use the headlight leveling. I remember getting similar information when I was buying my car but that was a quick fire session (maybe I was not interested to listen ) but this one lasted around an hour with the information about warranty and things that might void the warranty. That week the programm was for new Santro owners and last week the same session was organized for new i10 owners. I asked one new i10 owner in my apartment to attend the program even though he has bought the car from a different dealer.
MrinalSinha is offline   Reply With Quote