Team-BHP - Fiat Palio 1.6 Sport - First paid service report at Greentracks
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Car Dealerships (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/)
-   -   Fiat Palio 1.6 Sport - First paid service report at Greentracks (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/63319-fiat-palio-1-6-sport-first-paid-service-report-greentracks.html)

Hi All,

So the PocketRocket has completed 18000 kms in a year and half. Not bad for a car thats seen Bangalore roads most of the time. With my complusive disorder for not following maintenance intervals (sorry, Fiat purists).

Nevertheless, here is the review:

The Service Center:

I chose GreenTracks as my service center after reading both positive and negative reviews about the place. Having heard horror stories about the dealerships, I chose the above. I went there promptly at 9AM Saturday to get the service done. An older gentleman went through my car and asked if I had complaints and noted it down. Then the service coordinator Babu showed up. He kinda came across as a person not totally interested in doing the work but anyways, I was not expecting a Dallas Cowboy cheerleader welcome either. They are mechanics; what more can we expect. I went for a stroll inside the service bay area just to make sure that the place is clean and professional enough. Satisfied, I left my car and went home.

Problems encountered:

1. My left front tyre had uneven wear. The outside was wearing out faster than the rest of the tyre. Also, the car was pulling towards the left a bit and so I assumed that it was the alignment and balancing.

2. The brake light came on whenever I accelerated. After reading through our forum (its really nice to see that our forum comes up first on the list when I google any technical problem - kudos Admin / Mods) Saw that there are two causes a) low brake fluid or b) a loose connector. Mentioned the same to Babu.

The Service:

I was out the whole day and so I couldn't get to Green Tracks on time to get the car. Also, there was some cellphone communication problems and so the guy was unable to reach me (or so he claims). Anyways, I insisted that the car be dropped off at home as I really am paranoid about the car sitting in their showroom over the weekend. So, they dropped my car off at home in Sarjapur road. Good customer service. I didn't get to check out the individual areas but I took the car for a drive with the guy waiting there and found that it was driving a lot better.

Paid amount: 3500 Rs.

Things done:

Fuel filter / air filter
Oil change
Brake fluid top up
Brakes cleaned
4-wheel alignment
Wheels balanced

Verdict: Not sure about servicing costs of other dealers but I thought this was a bit steep for the work done. Nevertheless, I think its ok since they did a good job of returning my car to me by end of day. The car runs smoother and I hope to get better mileage out of it. Taking it to Kanyakumari next week. :) Here's to the next 7000 kms.

That indeed looks steep to me. Unless they used synthetic oil that comes for the linea.

General Paid service at fiat service centre is around 2000-2250 (Engine oil, air filter, fuel filter, water service, brakes check, electricals) - i doubt they will charge another 1500 for WB/WA.

Looks steep. They must have used Synthetic oil.

Agree with Gemithomas and planet_rocker. The general servicing charges should not cost more than 2K-2.5K. Check out the engine oil they have used

I used to drop my palio at Green Tracks and always it was Mr Babu whom I would contact.

The verdict is, though they are bit expensive, the work is of a reasonably good quality.

Another place I would recommend is 'Hariprasad Automobiles' near Chamrajpet. He too does a good job on FIATs. A lot of people from that area go to him.

I get my Palio service done at GreenTracks regularly.
They do a good job & am happy with their service so far.

I guess the bill came bit high due to WA & WB, I normally get that done at a proper WA shop.
It will be good if Mad_max can provide the break-up of the bill.

If you take out wheel allignment & balancing, its still 3K, which is still expensive. Its usually 0.5K for parts & 1K for labour.

Note: My experience based on servicing a non Fiat car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gods-envy (Post 1426261)
Another place I would recommend is 'Hariprasad Automobiles' near Chamrajpet. He too does a good job on FIATs. A lot of people from that area go to him.

Even if I am not from that area, I still visit them for all the servicing and the niggles. They sure are one of the better centers.

I agree with the others that it is on the steeper side. The OP should post the break-up, only then we can comment. Normally, one gets such bills if one replaces some spare parts and account for the labour charges. Here, it does not appear to be so.

Wheel alignment and balancing should never be done from a service center.

Alright.. here goes the breakup

Filters:

1. 1 Oil Filter - 112 Rs
2. 1 Fuel Filter 1.2 - 115 Rs

VAT 12.5 %

Lubricants

3. 15W40 2/7N Engine Oil 15W40 4 Litres (202Rs / Litre) - 808 Rs
4. Coolant 2/7N Coolent 1 Litre - 229 Rs
5. Q-STOPN - Brake Fluid DOT4 0.15 Litre (235 Rs / Litre) - 35 Rs

VAT 12.5 %

Labour

6. Wheel alignment - 250 Rs
7. Consumables - 50 Rs
8. Blow and cleaned all wheel brakes - 375 Rs
9. Paid Service - 850 Rs
10. Wheel balancing - 300 Rs

Service Tax 10.3%

Total 3475 Rs.

Now what do you guys think?

The charges look reasonable & at par with other brand service centers.

Next time, get the Wheel alignment & balancing done outside.

Moderators - Please move to appropriate long term review thread.

I have Hazel Grey Palio -2004,still going strong after ~5 years of ownership. The car was purchased from Ashwamegh motors,Pune. Subsequent to the Fiat and Tata JV time, the the dealer folded the sales and service network. It was around the same time I had to go on a deputation in UK. While I was deputed , the beauty was left with my cousin. He did ensured that the car is provided necessary running and maintenance, although at local Tata authroised service centre.

I have used the car mainly within city and 8-10 times to my native to Nagpur/Amravati(600 kms).

Apart from regular oil change, filter, coolent changes and wheel alignment, the major spare/service required was -

1) Silencer Exhault Corroded - Replaced in July 2008
2) Had brake light remained on - the cylinder assembly changed (under extended warranty)

Fast forward to 2009, after returning from UK using the car for 6 months now.

I took the car for servicing to BU Bhandari service centre in Wakad on 12 th August for the first time. The service centre setup is really impressive, the job card was promptly created by the supervisor, key issues reported were -

- Speedometer/Odometer conked (however RPM, fuel, temperature working fine)
- Pickup was slightly poor
- The suspension was getting harder
- RH mirror surface had grains formed,making night vision IMPOSSIBLE
- Fogging on one of the headlamp

Apart from that I have asked for 1) under body treatment
2) synthtic oil change (gone through the TBHP thread in one go)

The bill came to whopping 12,560/- (which I believe is on higher side). The iteams and costs charged for major items are as below -

1) Mobil1 Synthetic Oil @956/lit * 3 lit + VAT = 2866
2) Underbody coating and treatment (Waxoyl) +VAT = 2530
3) Wheel cylinder @414 * 2 NO +VAT = 828
4) Coolent @213/lit * 2 lit + VAT = 426
5) BARHDAHL engine tuneup + flush + special duty+ VAT= 845
6) Oil filter + Fuel filter = 215

Total Parts = 6951
Total labour = 5608 ( engine carb, e/o,o/f, f/f,a/f w/sp)

Am I happy with BU Bhandari Service? NO, noway happy.

I found the facilities in BU Bhandari are state of the are, but again the experience is let down by the people, their attitude and lack of commitment. The supervisor did not bother to call and update me on any problems or revised estimates on first day. On pushing on second day, he provided update that
1)the speedometer problem can not be rectified, as this required the full cluster change (cost 14000 , again needs ordering with Fiat)
2) common accessory like RH mirror were not available
3) Moisture/fogging of light can not be taken care, unless the cluster is changed. DONT BELIEVE HIM

I sincerely feels that they shy away from going extra mile to resolve the electrical problems. I am still living with 3 key issues I approached them with, which does live bitter memory after spending 12+ grands.

The funny thing is that from 11'0 clock till 1645 on second day, he was telling me that the car is gone for washing :Frustrati

Don't take me wrong, I am one happy Palio owner and the car brings smile to on face everytime I drive. The car is feeling bit better now, but to my disappointement the speedomter issue is still unresolved.

PS : The supervisor did mentioned that the the sensor cable is broken or something, on probing did mention that the problem may be resolved @ fraction of 14K cluster costs 'LOCALLY'.

If anyone could throw light on what could be issue here and any 'local' competent Pune w/shop, please please do reply.

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

1. synth is expensive. did you ask for it/is it recommended anywhere in the manual? they used mineral last time
2. Underboady coat is also optional. did you ask for it ?

3. is a coolant change required every time (check your manual) ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn (Post 1520613)

3. is a coolant change required every time (check your manual) ?

I am not sure on this, but is 2 liters worth coolant liquid required???

Hi Sanstrom,
For the speedometer, check the accelerator cable. I have palio 1.6 and recently I had the same problem. Prerena(Bangalore) told me some sensor issue and they cleaned and gave me. Very next day, accelerator pedal went dead in the middle of busy signal on Sunday!.
Luckily service guys came and they pulled out broken accelerator cable. God only know how come 25K ran car had that issue.
Before that my accelerator pedal was stuck at 5th gear and car was zooming. I had to bring down by changing the gear to 2 and 1st but engine was revving!.