Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 9th September 2009, 14:41   #76
Senior - BHPian

This thread was opened and closed (solution) within 21 days. Speaks more on the Dealer's Customer centric attitude (may be some of it rolled over from the relation with a name like Honda).

KUDOS to DAKSHIN Honda Blore (they did open with the 1 liner - largest Honda showroom in 'south?' India', they have to flaunt a new liner 'Customer is Really a King in DH'.

TATA (varunroy), Skoda (lost count of names), should read this thread JUST once.
svsantosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 14:47   #77
BHPian

let us show the gesture towards Dakshin Honda by increasing their sales.PLEASE be clear that there were NO NEW CARS DAMAGED.
this will show the power of TEAM-bhp
nandishpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 17:43   #78
BHPian

This is truly wonderful approach from DH. Whole hearted congratulations to the entire management of DH. Hope the other manufacturer wont "instigate" them. :-)
ZENnist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2009, 16:36   #79
BHPian

Ajmat, i think DH has done something that is really very fair in practice, i think that more dealers should hear about this and try and ape this. Congrats to your friend on taking his new car.

Last edited by Majic : 10th September 2009 at 16:39.
Majic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2009, 20:31   #80
Senior - BHPian

This is heart warming experience from Honda dealership. I am sure they will be compensated by the insurance company and also get due help from Honda to reinstate the workshop and minimize lost time.

As a business owner I can imagine the tough time DH must have had with insurance company, they are not easy to deal with believe me. GH also has lost business and undergone same trauma as the car owners. I am sure Ajit's friend will continue using their services.

I am really pleased with the contribution from our team members.

Keep it up guys.
Sn1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2009, 12:04   #81
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandishpal View Post
what about transferring the old car?will it be transferred to dakshin honda or will it be on your friends name only?make sure this is taken care of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
What do the dealership guys do with these cars? Anyone any idea?
Met my colleague today. There was some confusion. The insurance was paid out from my colleagues insurer not DH's although DH handled the whole process. Since he had made a claim any NCB claim would not have been claimed anyway. DH's insurer only paid out for infrastructure.

My friend only handed over RC book and ownership on taking delivery of the new car and signing an indemnity note, clearly documenting the compensation given

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I have no idea - my guess is that people who make a reasonable case will get a decent deal.
Some folks got aggressive and came back with lawyers, court threats etc. The lawyers promptly advised their clients that DH are taking responsibility to settle liabilities + more. A court case will result only in getting the insured declared value + costs as this was an act of god

Last edited by ajmat : 11th September 2009 at 12:05.
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2009, 16:06   #82
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Ajit, since he's taken delivery, can you share the numbers now?
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2009, 16:55   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Ajit, since he's taken delivery, can you share the numbers now?
GTO: are you asking about these: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1471656 (Civic submerged at Dakshin Honda EDIT: Now resolved)
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2009, 20:41   #84
BHPian

Surprising to know that DH has transformed into a responsible organization. I haven't had a good relationship with them earlier but I bet it must be different now.
My next service would be at DH.
jack7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 00:55   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
... A court case will result only in getting the insured declared value + costs as this was an act of god
Didn't sound like an act of god to me! Unless the tank was owned by god... If one has a tank full of stuff, and it escapes, one is usually liable for what it does.

You should seen the panic among the underwriters at my old employer when a client had a big oil tank leak --- they would be liable for whatever damage it did, however far it got.

Hey ho... tangential, I suppose, if not...

Thad E Ginathom is online now   Reply With Quote