Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2009, 16:41   #46
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bengalooru
Posts: 1,471
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

@rajinibm
Thats very tragic. There are few places where you have to tread with caution. Hope you don't face any heartburn in future.
diabloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2009, 17:01   #47
Senior - BHPian
 
wildon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,405
Thanked: 1,040 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajinibm View Post
The dealer is TAFE -chennai on anna salai!
Prospective buyers watch out this dealer.

@rajinibm - Congrats on your new buy.
wildon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2009, 17:05   #48
Senior - BHPian
 
Gilead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,140
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

TAFE has a certain well deserved reputation in Chennai. Too bad you did not know about them before you put your hard earned money down. Anyway, I hope you and your wife get over this sordid episode soon and enjoy the car. :-) Good thing the service intervals are fairly long-ish in a Fiat.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2009, 17:07   #49
Senior - BHPian
 
sohail99's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,257
Thanked: 161 Times
Default

lol! I was just saying that, once the dealership knows that you are going to write a review about the general service they provided, on a auto-enthusiast forum like TeamBHP.

They might try to impress you by doing their best!
sohail99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2009, 17:13   #50
JVH
Senior - BHPian
 
JVH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,021
Thanked: 148 Times
Default

Congrats on your buy!

There is nothing much you can do now since you have taken the delivery. Let your wife enjoy the car.

You have already done a positive thing by mentioning this in the forum. Now all Chennai guys will be aware of this dealer's malpractices.

Do attach this thread in your next mail to Rajeev Kapoor. Let him read this apart from travellogues.

Last edited by JVH : 19th August 2009 at 17:16.
JVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2009, 17:15   #51
JRD
BHPian
 
JRD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Turin/Ahmedabad
Posts: 372
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Rajini congrats on the new car. You know what things like this takes off the interest off a car usually, Ive gone through one experience like this. But on the other hand whats done is done and you actually have the dealership on a back foot now . This should work in your favour every time your car goes for service.

And after all you've spent your hard earned money to buy this car for your wife so enjoy it big time. The punto is a great looker and people will turn heads to see your car.

As for your wife being upset and not liking the car. I'd say buy some nice rims or a slick ICE to cheer her up. Or I should say you!

Enjoy the car!
JRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2009, 17:16   #52
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 162
Thanked: 18 Times
Default

@ wildon
Thanks

@ Gilead
Yea came to know their reputation a bit late!Hmmm but even before when i used to just be a 'reader' of posts in t-bhp,never found any mention about their past glorious history!

@ sohail
Well then lets hope they mend for the better and focus on customer satisfaction.I have not actually mentioned everthing.That was a gist!!
The sales guy in the showroom knows nothing about cars as such!He didnt know where the trip meter button was.After fiddling for ten mins,the cleaner told him where it is and not even aware of the different variants in punto cars.Well what more can be said.
rajinibm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2009, 17:16   #53
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 200
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

sad.

i feel you should not have taken delivery of this car. Take your money back or ask for a new one but thats not a choice now.

Tata/Fiat agencies are known to use customers cars for test drives. I have experienced it and I immediately told the sales exec that I will not even get into or touch this car and i fired hm saying that if I ever do buy the car from him he would do the same with my car. Although with the Linea and the Punto all of them seem to have test drive cars. But I am sure they will not hesitate to give you a test ride a customers car.

This is where I have seen a difference in attitude with Maruti / Hyundai / Honda and Fiat/TATA on the other side.

I recently took a test drive of the Ritz. I had gone there a couple of days before that to check on the car and price. The sales exec gave all the details but he apologized for the fact that both the Ritz and the A Star test drive cars were in the workshop for service and he would call me the next day once they are back which he did.

Now I observed at that time there were 2 Ritz' and 1 A Star lying in the showroom ready for delivery but none of these customers were there (i was the only one in the showroom, went on an odd time). He did not even once indicate that I could check these cars out in the showroom or drive them. This I think is one big difference in attitude and goes a long way to build trust. It unfortunately is not present with agencies for TATA and Fiat in India.

Feel sorry for your ordeal rajinibm, but I think its a waste of time with these thick skinned agencies.
jasher26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2009, 17:18   #54
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 162
Thanked: 18 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Congrats on your buy!

There is nothing much you can do now since you have taken the delivery. Let your wife enjoy the car.

You have already done a positive thing by mentioning this in the forum. Now all Chennai guys will be aware of this dealer's malpractices.

Do attach this thread in your next mail to Rajeev Kapoor. Let him read this apart from travellogues.
Rajeev Kapoor -- FIATs lucky to have him I guess.Have only words of admiration for him!Will send him the thread in next mail!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD View Post
Rajini congrats on the new car. You know what things like this takes off the interest off a car usually, Ive gone through one experience like this. But on the other hand whats done is done and you actually have the dealership on a back foot now . This should work in your favour every time your car goes for service.

And after all you've spent your hard earned money to buy this car for your wife so enjoy it big time. The punto is a great looker and people will turn heads to see your car.

As for your wife being upset and not liking the car. I'd say buy some nice rims or a slick ICE to cheer her up. Or I should say you!

Enjoy the car!
Thanks for your wishes!

The ice is coming up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasher26 View Post
sad.

i feel you should not have taken delivery of this car. Take your money back or ask for a new one but thats not a choice now.

Tata/Fiat agencies are known to use customers cars for test drives. I have experienced it and I immediately told the sales exec that I will not even get into or touch this car and i fired hm saying that if I ever do buy the car from him he would do the same with my car. Although with the Linea and the Punto all of them seem to have test drive cars. But I am sure they will not hesitate to give you a test ride a customers car.

This is where I have seen a difference in attitude with Maruti / Hyundai / Honda and Fiat/TATA on the other side.

I recently took a test drive of the Ritz. I had gone there a couple of days before that to check on the car and price. The sales exec gave all the details but he apologized for the fact that both the Ritz and the A Star test drive cars were in the workshop for service and he would call me the next day once they are back which he did.

Now I observed at that time there were 2 Ritz' and 1 A Star lying in the showroom ready for delivery but none of these customers were there (i was the only one in the showroom, went on an odd time). He did not even once indicate that I could check these cars out in the showroom or drive them. This I think is one big difference in attitude and goes a long way to build trust. It unfortunately is not present with agencies for TATA and Fiat in India.

Feel sorry for your ordeal rajinibm, but I think its a waste of time with these thick skinned agencies.
Agree with you totally -- the Honda and Hyundai buying experience's are impeccable!

Last edited by Jaggu : 19th August 2009 at 17:42. Reason: back to back posts, use multi quote please.
rajinibm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2009, 17:20   #55
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai/BLR/USA
Posts: 928
Thanked: 190 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivashara View Post
PS. I have allredy read your story on other forum.
I donít see any harm if the concerned has posted his views on another forum.

I can feel the frustration and agony experienced by rajinibm while buying his car. I know FIAT as a product is very good , however when it comes to delivering a good customer experience they almost always falter. Some may argue whatís the big deal other manufactures also goof up but it not the point. Actually the buying experience matters a lot, as a customer is putting trust and hard earned money on a brand, in return he meets dealer deceit and deception then naturally a person feels cheated.

From my personal experience with FIAT in Turin (Not as a customer) the Italians are generally a lousy bunch who love there food & wine. They naturally donít have a liking for Process driven systems like the Japanese.

Already FIAT donít have a very good service reputation (Perceived) in India. On top of it if customers are taken for a ride then its going to be difficult if not doomed.

The FIAT management has to set things right and overhaul there current customer contacts points (dealers /service) networks overall.
They have to win the confidence of customers rather than just taking reactive steps like responding to issue/complaint related mails etc.

I know it will take time but market forces are cruel and every step is being watched critically and finally the sales figures will reflect customer acceptance.
tj123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2009, 17:26   #56
Senior - BHPian
 
architect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ghaziabad, U. P
Posts: 1,275
Thanked: 448 Times
Default

No point defending Fiat here. While they did not commit the crime, it is at least their responsibility to make sure that the dealer makes amends, atleast for a poor PDI, scratches and malfunctioning doors, if not for driving 100 kms.

The dealer represents the manufacturer. It is the manufacturer who should ensure that the dealer does not resort to malpractice. In case, such a case is brought to light by a customer, manufacturer should penalise the dealer and ask them to make amends at their cost.

That is, however, an ideal world.

I am still waiting for my dealer to give me the corrected Registration Certificate which was made with a mis-spelt name and incorrect cubic capacity. It's been more than two months since the process was initiated after writing a mail to Tata-Fiat. All previous comunication with dealer proved useless.

OT: 30 km or 200 km, if you see cars being driven from stockyard to showroom on a regular basis like I do, running-in definitely seems pointless.

Last edited by architect : 19th August 2009 at 17:29.
architect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2009, 17:27   #57
BHPian
 
jaaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Earth
Posts: 384
Thanked: 138 Times
Default

Congrats!!!! on your New Punto and move on.

Yes, I guess the Car was used for the TD to the prospective Customers.

But be happy, you didn't get a One year Old Car, as somebody got fooled in Mumbai, while buying a Swift, Since Punto was launched in July '09 only. Also, I heard, the Current localisation in Punto is about 58% and will be gradually made to 85% in future. So, quality issues may not arise as the Car is already being sold in other Countries for the last 3-4 years.

Now, with these kind of incidence, many dealers will be more careful.

You've done a right thing in objecting and raising the issues with the Dealer. There are many other good products which have been marred by the Dealer's attitude.
jaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2009, 17:29   #58
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 162
Thanked: 18 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
I donít see any harm if the concerned has posted his views on another forum.

I can feel the frustration and agony experienced by rajinibm while buying his car. I know FIAT as a product is very good , however when it comes to delivering a good customer experience they almost always falter. Some may argue whatís the big deal other manufactures also goof up but it not the point. Actually the buying experience matters a lot, as a customer is putting trust and hard earned money on a brand, in return he meets dealer deceit and deception then naturally a person feels cheated.

From my personal experience with FIAT in Turin (Not as a customer) the Italians are generally a lousy bunch who love there food & wine. They naturally donít have a liking for Process driven systems like the Japanese.

Already FIAT donít have a very good service reputation (Perceived) in India. On top of it if customers are taken for a ride then its going to be difficult if not doomed.

The FIAT management has to set things right and overhaul there current customer contacts points (dealers /service) networks overall.
They have to win the confidence of customers rather than just taking reactive steps like responding to issue/complaint related mails etc.

I know it will take time but market forces are cruel and every step is being watched critically and finally the sales figures will reflect customer acceptance.
Very true.When the marketng manager had come over.He said they have learnt a lot from this experience and now they are putting in place a system with MIS where delivery scheduled would have a proper process and cars would be thorougly inspected before delivery and no customer would be kept waiting for more than 20 mins when he comes for delivery of his car.
Whats happening is only when something happens do things change.There is no initiativeness taken by dealers to enrichen the buying experience.
rajinibm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2009, 17:33   #59
BHPian
 
Hrishiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kochi
Posts: 72
Thanked: 28 Times
Default

Sorry to hear the experience.

Well, get over the past, they say. With this kind of an experience it is hardly soothing to say that.

IMHO, take long drives on weekend. See if there is something wrong with the car.
most likely than not, you will enjoy riding it.

FIAT makes good cars and angry customers, well, I hope they prove me wrong.

Have a good time and wish you happy and safe motoring.
Hrishiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2009, 17:36   #60
BHPian
 
jaaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Earth
Posts: 384
Thanked: 138 Times
Default

I would like to point out another attitude problem with the Dealers.

They are still in the Bajaj and Ambassador era.

In those days, you've to accept the product as it comes or else, the dealer will give it to others. Their attitude was take it or leave it. So, the hapless Customers after waiting for 5-10 years had no other choice with Bajaj.

And with delivery of New Ambassador, the Car was not supposed to be taken Home or for Puja but to a nearby garrage for rewiring, doors work, Welding Joints, Electrical work etc.,

Thank god atleast we are not in that era now.
jaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My experience with TAFE REACH Chennai for TATA Manza Sridhar K Indian Car Dealerships 5 1st June 2011 12:07
Avoid Tafe Reach Chennai if buying fiat car qAnand Indian Car Dealerships 9 27th January 2011 10:10
Fiat Linea - TAFE Reach Chennai qAnand Indian Car Dealerships 26 17th November 2010 01:46
Swift VDI+ABS or Fiat Punto MJD or New Fabia 1.2 Diesel. Edit- Booked Fiat Punto MJD magnanimousdude Hatchbacks 59 27th October 2010 13:18
call me tragic deano Introduce yourself 19 14th January 2006 18:04


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:44.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks