Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 9th September 2009, 01:24   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Hmm, talk of different regulations in different states, and here is an example!
So as kirans is in Rome (read Bangalore), her should tally his papers with the romans (read bangaloreans) and if not satisfied, go to the roman circus (RTO) for clarification
exactly the way you went to the bong circus. cant agree more.
hollywoodhogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2009, 11:08   #32

Here's the breakup I got from my dealer, finally!!!
Hope it will be of help to people from WB/Kolkata

ROAD TAX 22250
AUDIO FEE 1500
GOVT( MISC ) 200
SMART CARD 340
NUMBER PLATE 480
NEW REGISTRATION 200
HYPOTHECATION 100
SERVICE CHARGES (TAX) 20
SERVICE CHARGES 1300
OTHERS CHARGES 1290

TOTAL 27680

Any comments or observations are welcome
outLANDish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2015, 11:23   #33
BHPian

Default Re: Road tax receipt

I was wondering if there is a procedure to get the road tax receipt for a car that has been given an NOC from the Karnataka RTO. The owner doesn't have a copy of this road tax receipt. The car is presently registered in Maharashtra and I want to buy it and bring it back.
Technically, since its an ex Karnataka car and if there has been no refund, I shouldn't be asked to pay the tax again, right?
Is there a way to check if a road tax refund has been made?
a_nan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2016, 17:37   #34
BHPian

Dear members,

I need to pay road tax for my Alto K10 Vxi model by end of 2016.

My car is equipped with factory fitted A/C and after market stereo music system.

I do not have experience of submitting road tax before.

It will be of great help for me if any of our respected members can share such experience. For example, knowledge of information like documents required, mode of payment, (can be paid by self or agent) etc will be very useful.

I am from Kolkata and my car is registered at Barasat North 24 Parganas RTO.

Last edited by DriveHigh : 17th March 2016 at 17:41.
DriveHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2016, 17:55   #35
h14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveHigh View Post
Dear members,

My car is equipped with factory fitted A/C and after market stereo music system.

It will be of great help for me if any of our respected members can share such experience. For example, knowledge of information like documents required, mode of payment, (can be paid by self or agent) etc will be very useful.

Not sure of Kolkatta, here in TN, I pay annual tax for my classics (via an agent) and the below documents are submitted for the process:
  1. Registration book/certificate
  2. Insurance Policy
  3. Pollution Certificate

The original copies of all the above are submitted. Photocopies will not do.

All these classics of mine still have the 'book' rather than smart card/sheets, so the tax receipts are pasted on the free pages of the book, stamped and returned back to me.

This year I'm planning to try the online option to pay the same which can be done only after March 26. Shall update once I try that!

TN-RTO Online services portal
https://tnsta.gov.in/transport/publiclogin.do
h14 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2016, 18:06   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveHigh View Post
Dear members,

You need your old road tax token, original+copy of R/C, and insurance.
Last time I visited Barasat RTO in 2009 it was swarming with 'dalals', but you can get things done yourself too. My dad filed the road tax for my car in 2014 there by his own.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2016, 12:28   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Last time I visited Barasat RTO in 2009 it was swarming with 'dalals', but you can get things done yourself too. My dad filed the road tax for my car in 2014 there by his own.
Thanks for the valuable information. I heard about the 'dalal' culture of Barasat RTO. I heard rumors that the processes are artificially made full of harassment unless taking help from them.
It is good to know that your father did it by his own not much long ago.
I am planning to pay the tax by October or November this year as the validity will expire on last week of December.

By the way, a little out of topic discussion, do you know any reliable garage or mechanic for general maintenance works in North Kolkata? I stay at Dumdum. I am planning to get some basic work done for my Alto K10 like engine oil , brake pad, spark plug etc change. I am trying to avoid MASS to save some additional expenses due to service charge and tax. I also don't have option to see what they are doing with my car in MASS and that makes me reluctant to go to their garage. I heard good things about a road side garage at VIP lake town 'more' (opposite of Decoworld I guess) but I am not much sure about them.
Old 19th December 2016, 14:33   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Today I paid Road Tax for my Alto K10(2011 model, 998 cc). Expiry date of last paid Road Tax during purchase is 5th January 2017.
After visiting the RTO , I had to collect Annexure 1 form from out side ( Rs. 5) and shown it to MV- Non technical department (1st floor of main building) after filling up the form. The form required few common information like Engine no. , chassis no. ,registration no. etc. Then MV- Non technical department staff verified the form. Though he did not write or sign anything on it. But probably checked something in the database. After that I went to the cash counter on ground floor. The queue was not long in front of the cash counters. 5 or 6 people were standing in front of each counter. Cash collection staff was asking for exact amount , he was not willing to give change; specially for Rs. 2000.
Anyways, I was able to pay Rs. 25040 in cash and Rs. 20 for lamination.
It would not take more than 1 hr if anyone planning to pay road tax at Barasat RTO. The amount I mentioned is for 5 years. There was an option to pay for lifetime as well and probably it is 55K approx. for 900 to 1450 cc private cars.