Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 16th September 2009, 13:39   #16
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
A very apt title - fishy.

I will just add a couple of words which I think are appropriate - IT STINKS
Sgitk,

I dont see anything fishy in this, when the dealer has openly revealed everything without hiding anything as such nor i see anything stinking either !
srinivas9446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2009, 13:43   #17
Senior - BHPian

The cars were either used as demo cars or by the GM/MD as a daily drive. In either case, the discount should have been far higher. There is no doubt that you made the right choice here.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2009, 13:55   #18
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by psp62in View Post
1. The two cars had run 5000 and 10000 km

4. Both the cars were still "new" because they were still NOT registered, so any buyer would get these registered as the first(?) owner.

5. They wont explain how these vehicles had run so much that too without registration)
Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivas9446 View Post
he has told you the fact, forget what the cars were used for earlier, demo or whatever.
What fact? Cars are run for 5k and 10k without registration on public roads. You know that's against the law? And no reasons given how?

Quote:
I dont see anything fishy in this, when the dealer has openly revealed everything without hiding anything as such nor i see anything stinking either !
LOL it stinks for sure. The dealer is being a crook and will probably fool someone into buying these cars making a huge profit on it and taking away the hard earned money from someone like you.
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2009, 14:09   #19
BHPian

+1 - It stinks alright.

An ethical dealer would clearly mention that the cars were demo vehicles and offer a 1.5L + discount (used car prices). These are not new cars - period.

I was recently offered an demo A/T scorpio at a 1.5L discount (plus extended warranty) from Mahindra first choice. That is how demo cars ought to be disposed off.
CrackedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2009, 14:36   #20
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
What fact? Cars are run for 5k and 10k without registration on public roads. You know that's against the law? And no reasons given how?

LOL it stinks for sure. The dealer is being a crook and will probably fool someone into buying these cars making a huge profit on it and taking away the hard earned money from someone like you.

In the first place, this is my personal outlook on the incident.

I dont why you have taken something i have mentioned so personally..and saying or rather have gloated with the idea of me being the victim of such an incident.This is uncalled for. THIS STINKS FOR SURE !

I suppose the discussions here are done on a general note & as such nothing is personal about all the discussions happening around here.

if they really wanted to make huge profits, it not a difficult job to install new ODOs and SPEEDOs, make over the car and sell it. Being truthful these days seems to be a sin.

As a saying goes, It is the person who gets fooled at fault and the not the person who fools...i am known not to get fooled in my business circle, so i feel nobody needs to worry or be happy about it !

Last edited by srinivas9446 : 16th September 2009 at 14:41.
srinivas9446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2009, 15:45   #21
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
In the first place, this is my personal outlook on the incident.
You are calling the Dealer honest. Maybe your personal outlook but this is a online discussion forum and your opinion is sadly incorrect.

Quote:
I dont why you have taken something i have mentioned so personally..
Personally? What? where?

Quote:
and saying or rather have gloated with the idea of me being the victim of such an incident.This is uncalled for. THIS STINKS FOR SURE !
You are getting personal here.

You found the dealer honest because as per you he is stating facts. LOL.

"You" are convinced that the amount of truth is good enough and the dealer is helping "you" out. Similarly someone else would get convinced; like "you" got convinced of the dealers honesty. Its the way it is said. It doesn't mean "you" as in "you personally". HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND.

Quote:
I suppose the discussions here are done on a general note & as such nothing is personal about all the discussions happening around here.
Well no one got personal. You took it personally.

Quote:
if they really wanted to make huge profits, it not a difficult job to install new ODOs and SPEEDOs, make over the car and sell it.
I don't know what to say. A crook is a crook if he is trying to make money without any ethics.

Quote:
Being truthful these days seems to be a sin.
Seriously man i can't see the truthfulness of the dealer that you are so harping about. Neither do the rest of folks in here that have replied to the topic.

Quote:
i am known not to get fooled in my business circle, so i feel nobody needs to worry or be happy about it !
Good for you but i have my doubts. Not that it matters to you anyways.
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2010, 21:33   #22
Team-BHP Support

You made the right decision. And yes it does stink! If the dealer had been honest about why the cars were up for sale after running 5-10K km and offered a commensurate discount, he would probably have managed to sell it quite easily without all this subterfuge!
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2010, 08:50   #23
BHPian

Quote:
It seems like a clear a case, where in both the cars were used as test-drive vehicles & now they are being sold as new. Many dealers do this to get the maximum amount for these cars. Also since a New Honda City is around the corner they need to change the test drive vehicles as well, hence the offer.
@Maglev, what do you mean by this? you mean the All New Honda City or you forsee another model being released post ANHC.
Lemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2010, 10:32   #24
BHPian

Looks like these are demo cars so personally I will not take such cars for simple 2 reasons,
1. The discounts offered does not even cover the depreciation cost
2. Demo cars are generally abused as the potential customers try to test and the gauge cars maximum performance factors like (Acceleration, braking , suspension etc)

You can bargain for higher discounts if you really want the car.
tj123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2010, 11:02   #25
Senior - BHPian

RIGHT CHOICE.

No two ways about that.

Complete peace of mind is guaranteed.

And as you have correctly mentioned, you do not know the service history of the Kms run and it is pretty dicey to put in your hard earned closed to 1 Million on a so called "new" car.
arnabchak is offline   Reply With Quote