Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 12th September 2009, 17:30   #1
Senior - BHPian

Angry Never Get Your Car Repainted From Sunrise Hyundai

I gave my Santro for a paint job a fortnight back in SUNRISE HYUNDAI MOTHER DAIRY WORKSHOP as many of you may know and today was horrified to discover paint chipping off the bonnet and fender (bubble formation).
Had a big war of words just now and they have agreed to redo the work FOC.

Lets see if the work is done properly or not.
Nevertheless, this dealership is the worst in terms of A.S.S. in east Delhi.

If this is what happens. the dealer ship will soon become Sunset Hyundai.

Pics just taken and you have to enlarge them to discover the defect and look closely to see it.

I want to send these pics to HMIL customer care, does anyone have contact number of the same?
Attached Thumbnails
Never Get Your Car Repainted From Sunrise Hyundai-1.jpg  

Never Get Your Car Repainted From Sunrise Hyundai-1-2.jpg  

Never Get Your Car Repainted From Sunrise Hyundai-1-3.jpg  

Never Get Your Car Repainted From Sunrise Hyundai-1-4.jpg  

sidindica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 17:36   #2
BHPian

Loss of words. Poor, Poor, Poor. Do they call themselves sunrise? Need to be labeled Amavasya.
NutsNBolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 17:58   #3
Senior - BHPian

This is not acceptable. They definitely have to repaint.

Curious, Was this painted in a booth?
beejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 18:01   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
This is not acceptable. They definitely have to repaint.

Curious, Was this painted in a booth?
Whole story with pics here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...all-boy-5.html (3 years, 60,000 kms of living with the tall boy)
Old 15th September 2009, 10:16   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

@Sid, and this one too. Why not continue this in one place - where the full story is ?
condor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2009, 10:31   #6
Senior - BHPian

This is really horrible and the dealer should not given you the car as it is in the first place. Seems that you are from East Delhi. Sunrise is 3 km from my home on the Mother Dairy crossing. I have seen that there is a minor diff. in original (factory one) and painted job and that is usually acceptable but this is something else altogether. I get my Corolla's bumper (and bumper only) painted sometimes from a local garage and he does a good job on the bumper at least (costs Rs. 1,200).

On a separate issue: do you know of any aftermarket (non-dealer) good paint shop in East Delhi. Can go to Galaxy Toyota also but I have to get only 1 panel painted (left door). Do help.

Last edited by vasudeva : 15th September 2009 at 10:47.
vasudeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2009, 10:38   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I want to send these pics to HMIL customer care, does anyone have contact number of the same?
@ Siddharth: That paint job became that way because the moisture on the metal surface was not dried before the paint was sprayed. Typical monsoon trouble due to incompetent painter.

You can send your complaint to cr@hmil.net, and if there is no response within 3 working days, escalate the matter to 7735474@hmil.net and madhanraj@hmil.net (HMIL cyber audit team).
SS-Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2009, 10:42   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Why cant you take it back to them and ask them to repaint it? Did you talk to the management?
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2009, 10:43   #9
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Seems like these guys are on their way out. Such bad quality paint job is absolutely un-acceptable! Heck even the mechanics who do paint jobs in the open can get it better than that!
bharti22shresth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2009, 18:55   #10
Senior - BHPian

I had blasted them on the same day this happened. They told to get the car on monday but a fire broke out in the paint shop due to short circuit (my curse?) and now will give them the car next week since I do not have time that much.

The entire bonnet will be repainted FOC.

Still, this workshop is worse in this part of Delhi. For service jobs, I go to Samara/ MGF which do a far better job.

Vasu, do you reside in patparganj? To get the corolla's door painted, you can go to uttam toyota in Noida just about diagonally opposite to ace Honda.
Old 16th September 2009, 18:58   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
This is really horrible and the dealer should not given you the car as it is in the first place. Seems that you are from East Delhi. Sunrise is 3 km from my home on the Mother Dairy crossing. I have seen that there is a minor diff. in original (factory one) and painted job and that is usually acceptable but this is something else altogether. I get my Corolla's bumper (and bumper only) painted sometimes from a local garage and he does a good job on the bumper at least (costs Rs. 1,200).

On a separate issue: do you know of any aftermarket (non-dealer) good paint shop in East Delhi. Can go to Galaxy Toyota also but I have to get only 1 panel painted (left door). Do help.
Actually when I got the car back everything was fine. The next week it was raining continuously for 3-4 days here and my car was not used for about 5 days. Could the bubbling be a result of prolonged exposure to rainfall?
Old 16th September 2009, 19:15   #12
Team-BHP Support

Why? Have you ever seen all these cars around the country which do not have a covered parking space (as is the norm) develop such problems after every monsoon?

Its just that those guys did an incompetent job on your car. Just take their trip. The problem nowadays with many of these A.S.S. (particularly big ones) as I have seen is that they take in apprentices by the drove as it saves on costs. They are supposed to work under the supervision of the master mech but in real world within 7 days they are put to work on their own. And that is what leads to these problems.
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2009, 20:35   #13
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
The problem nowadays with many of these A.S.S. (particularly big ones) as I have seen is that they take in apprentices by the drove as it saves on costs.
Zappo,

You hit the nail on the head. I have noticed this in MASS as well. So, when ever I give my car, I make sure I hang around the vehicle on the workshop floor looking at the work being done.

I don't mind spending a few hours on my feet watching the service as it assures me peace of mind. I also get to learn about the car whilst at it.

@sid: Sorry to hear about your car buddy! Tell them that you'll post a review of their HASS on this website. Last December, I gave my Santro for a full service at 50,000 kms and the work was shoddy.

I got home and posted my entire experience with pics on this website and within 30 minutes of my post the Works Manager of the HASS read the post, tracked down the bill, called me on my mobile and apologized and asked me to take the car back to them to get the problems rectified.

T-Bhp works, I vouch for that

Regards,
gpa
gpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2009, 00:00   #14
BHPian

Thumbs down My take: Sunrise Hyundai

Got my car's rear bumper painted at Sunrise Hyundai. Few days went by and the paint started cracking.

Immediately after observing this, called up the SA and gave him an earful.

Got the bumper repainted by them FOC!

Pics attached:
Attached Thumbnails
Never Get Your Car Repainted From Sunrise Hyundai-02092009001.jpg  

Never Get Your Car Repainted From Sunrise Hyundai-02092009.jpg  

Last edited by live2drive : 17th September 2009 at 00:05.
live2drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2009, 09:10   #15
Senior - BHPian

Looking at the pictures, perhaps Sunrise is using distemper instead of paint. They are near my home.
vasudeva is offline   Reply With Quote