Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 1st October 2009, 19:19   #16

I remember eks once mentioned "Dhaba style treatment" from Merc. showroom in Chandigarh. Feels kind of similar in this case too. Maybe Skoda dealers are too happy with current sales? I see more Skodas(Lauras mainly) than Civic and Altis combined around here.

If the test drive expedited by their GM doesn't arrive and you're too concerned about it, write to authorities and mags, like shankar.balan suggested?

Last edited by Gurpartap Singh : 1st October 2009 at 19:20.
Gurpartap Singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2009, 19:52   #17

Definitely Skoda should take the bullet for this incident because they have consistently failed to improve end user /potential buyer's experience at the dealer's shop across India. But at the same time they should be given a chance to address this issue and take necessary action. It looks like Skoda thinks that their job is done right after their cars reaches to the dealers.
hondafanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2009, 17:05   #18

Originally Posted by JayD View Post

I've got nothing against skoda, but from recent threads, its quite obvious that most of their cars give trouble, which means, a lot of support from the dealer will be needed. If the dealer is acting arrogant even before the car is bought, one can imagine the plight of the customer, if he has any problem with the car later on.
to the salesman' attitude !

However, I dont think one should place so much of importance to a mere salesman's attitude' to decide for or against buying a car. May be he is like that, may be he was having a bad day and was cranky. All intangibles. There are a lot many other important parameters driving a car selection decision. If the GM shows such attitude, I'd be sure worried.

If at all, I would highly recommend visiting their service station and check out how the staff behaves there. Speak to the service manager/s and understand more about the car and problems to expect. This may be a far better guide to what may be lying in the future (post ownership).

My 2 ps.
jigbarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2009, 23:04   #19
Team-BHP Support

I guess customer responsiveness is an art, which cannot be embedded into individuals. But still there is a limit which cannot be crossed. I don't know how these guys forget this aspect.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2009, 16:15   #20

An hour back, I was going to contact the same dealer for a TD and a quotation of laura TSi. But after reading this, I'm prefering to stay away from the same. I really liked laura after reading the specs of 1.8 TSi petrol. This Dealer is the last resort, going to give him a call right now.
thorpe is offline   Reply With Quote