Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 14th October 2009, 08:42   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
CUSHT SE JO MAR JAAYE USE CUSHTOMER KEHTE HAIN!
Hello Mr. Dhabhar

This is Excellent. Atleast your quotes it 100% true in India.
anujmishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2009, 09:09   #17
BHPian

btw, that damage doesnt look enough to change the whole steering assembly??
heck, tata sumos were prone to break tierods all the time , so many so that we got it welded and kept going for a long time.
dr.abhijeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2009, 09:21   #18
SMK
BHPian

Looks horrible to see a brand new car catching dust because of bad service offered. When i was in India, my car was insured with ICICI Lombard and did not have any issues with the claims settlements. My wife used to keep hitting something or the other while driving and that made the trips to Service Center more frequent.
All i had to do is call up ICICI Lombard and they used to settle things with the Tata Service center.
Is it only BA which has this kind of treatment or are the othe insurance companies the same?
SMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2009, 10:30   #19
Senior - BHPian

I can empathize. I've been running after my indica for over two months now, still no let up. I'm seriously beginning to think that buying a tata/fiat car is suitable only for masochists
details of my saga here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...report-15.html

EDIT: Isn't Rama motors supposed to be among the better ones? or is this entirely an insurance issue?

Last edited by greenhorn : 14th October 2009 at 10:37.
greenhorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2009, 10:45   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

I think this is entirely the issue with the insurance company. I think I read the service center can fix and return the car in a day if they had the approval.

Hope your issue gets resolved. May be the surveyor is expecting something from you for Diwali. Give it and to him as mention by one of the members by reporting the incident to IRDA

Keep us updated
nkrishnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2009, 11:11   #21
Senior - BHPian

1) Call what you want to, but I think even Fiat-Tata dealer ship is not acting well. I dont believe that tie rods are not available independently. I think initially even in case of Amit's GP tie rods were to be changed, but later connecting rods were changed.

The dealer ship cannot act bad and say that Rs. 47,000 is cost of reapirs. IMHO, tie rods are available individually and generally no problems of alignments come up. Even if they do, they are not very complex problems and can be solved.

2) The Insurance company can abuse customer ? Somebody try that with me, they receive a multiplied amount of words from me. We had an issue with surveyor during our insurance claim for Baleno crash. The surveyor later told me that he is, for the first time, getting such treatment. I asked him to add two words " well deserved ".

This is India, you have to make a lot of noise else people take you for granted.

3) @thread starter : Take you car out, go to the other dealer who said that tie rods are available and he will repair your car in order to get a customer. Else take it to some reasonably good mechanic. Again in order to get a customer he will repair your car. This is really bad.

EDIT :
Dont spend your time and resources complaining about insurance company. They will not change at all. This will continue to happen as we are in India.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 14th October 2009 at 11:14.
aaggoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2009, 11:26   #22
Team-BHP Support

In the two times i have raised claims from Bajaj Allianz, i was a happy customer on both occassions. First time was when there was damage to my car following an accident, and the second time was when i claimed insurance to change the windshield.

Between, why arent the call center fellows taking up the complaint? Did they already allot you a claim number on phone, as well as SMS?
benbsb29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2009, 11:59   #23
Senior - BHPian

I have a humble suggetion

Please talk to the head of your FIAT-Tata Dealership
Make him speak to your insurance company

There is always a larger Business Interest between the dealership and the insurance company, the influence will help

Also, findout where is the office of your insurance company,
visit there personally, meet the Branch Manager, Explain your issues
seek solution for it.

Once the issue is resolved, for next insurance cycle, change your insurance company, write a note / letter to the chairman of your current insurance company stating the reasons and tell him how he has lost a CUSTOMER and attach a printout of this thread.

Do not get into any verbal shouting, calling names, thrashing, bashing, sueing, etc etc as it has it's after effects which may not be good for you.
StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2009, 20:26   #24
BHPian

On a wednesday..........

I called up the service guys,in the morning,and to my utter non-surprise,no approval yet.
So i wait,and wait,and wait,and by 1400 hours i ask the service guys again.
They say the surveyor has approved,but verbally,so they won't start the work until a written statement arrives,which by the way was far from happening.

I call up the surveyor personally,and unlike the last time,where i lashed out at him,i politely asked him to speak with the workshop manager.He does,and it seems we are all set.

But then the service advisor tells me he won't start work on the car,because there is no written approval.I feel like celebrating diwali in their workshop now.

After contemplating,whether i want to travel 100kms up-down to the showroom in peak time diwali delhi traffic,to go the showroom and check myself whether work has started or not,i decide to land up there.

The car was in the service centre,finally,after a week,and the steering assembly had been taken out. The manager claimed,that there was a communication gap,and said that work had started in the morning.
Well,it was a lie. They had just opened the car,and took out the part,and had done nothing else.

And now the entire staff has changed their tune,about the delivery,They are saying that they can't commit the delivery for tomorrow,compared to yesterday,when they were thumping their chests and stating they'll give the car the next day. Now they say they'll try for tomorrow,but can only give the car on friday.On top of that,they aren't even sure of friday.

And consider this,the service advisor and the surveyor were giggling behind my back,they didn't realize i was there,the surveyor asked the advisor,"tu do din mein gaddi kaise dega???"the advisor"abey,do din mein kaun de raha hai,jab kaam ho jaayega,tab denge,tab tak khade rahe"........ ah,the customer.

Well another day destroyed,as i left for the showroom at 1430 hours,and came back at 1930 hours,yes gents,thats the amount of traffic on delhi roads,and covered 100 kms,again.I still haven't distributed any diwali gifts,have done no work for the festival,since our only car is lying at the service centre for a week,for a job that takes about 4 hours to complete outside.

I am sick and tired of this whole ordeal,a diwali well ruined for me and my family.To tell you honestly,underneath the lies,the blames,the total disregard for time and money,the ridiculous amount of inconvenience this incident has caused,and the ongoing drama,i have realized,civilized=fuddu with these people,make noise,get down to the way drivers talk,and you sir are a hero.

Here are a couple of pictures of the part they took out--
The 'customer' in the indian car scene-moto_0554.jpg

The 'customer' in the indian car scene-moto_0553.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.abhijeet View Post
btw, that damage doesnt look enough to change the whole steering assembly??
heck, tata sumos were prone to break tierods all the time , so many so that we got it welded and kept going for a long time.
i AGREE,the damage is not substanital,i know to rake up the bill,the assembly is being replaced.
You know i got the car inspected by my mechanic,he almost repaired it if it were not for some propriety fiat nuts,which prevented up from repairing the car ourselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I can empathize. I've been running after my indica for over two months now, still no let up. I'm seriously beginning to think that buying a tata/fiat car is suitable only for masochists
details of my saga here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...report-15.html

EDIT: Isn't Rama motors supposed to be among the better ones? or is this entirely an insurance issue?
Rama motors is one of the better ones,but they too are acting up now,i really wish you get the indica issue sorted out man,this is literally living hell,i just can't imagine what the skoda owner[harry?],is going through,All the best for your case man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
1) Call what you want to, but I think even Fiat-Tata dealer ship is not acting well. I dont believe that tie rods are not available independently. I think initially even in case of Amit's GP tie rods were to be changed, but later connecting rods were changed.

The dealer ship cannot act bad and say that Rs. 47,000 is cost of reapirs. IMHO, tie rods are available individually and generally no problems of alignments come up. Even if they do, they are not very complex problems and can be solved.

2) The Insurance company can abuse customer ? Somebody try that with me, they receive a multiplied amount of words from me. We had an issue with surveyor during our insurance claim for Baleno crash. The surveyor later told me that he is, for the first time, getting such treatment. I asked him to add two words " well deserved ".

This is India, you have to make a lot of noise else people take you for granted.

3) @thread starter : Take you car out, go to the other dealer who said that tie rods are available and he will repair your car in order to get a customer. Else take it to some reasonably good mechanic. Again in order to get a customer he will repair your car. This is really bad..
Those guys were incompetent at handling fiat cars,and they don' have the parts in stock,so its 3-4 weeks,if i go them. The dealership is now showing its true colors

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
I
Do not get into any verbal shouting, calling names, thrashing, bashing, sueing, etc etc as it has it's after effects which may not be good for you.
Well said,i have avoided it since my last confrontation with the surveyor,its of no use,but if provoked further,i will reconsider.

And thank you all for the suggestions,and the help.

Last edited by smilenow : 14th October 2009 at 20:41.
smilenow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2009, 21:00   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilenow View Post
Well said,i have avoided it since my last confrontation with the surveyor,its of no use,but if provoked further,i will reconsider.

And thank you all for the suggestions,and the help.
Man kudos!! you are the epitome of patience!! I would have died of BP if these things would have happened with me. But I would have been more happy to fight it at all possible fora(IRDA, Consumer Forum) rather than waiting for somebody's favor to get my car back. You he already waited a lot! Report the dealer with FIAT and all three (FIAT, Dealer and BA) in consumer forum for mental harassment and intentionally wasting your time.
MrinalSinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2009, 21:36   #26
Senior - BHPian

@smilenow, have you seen this link ?

https://www.bajajallianz.com/BagicNx...back/index.jsp

You can complain against the agent here.
sdp1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2009, 22:44   #27
BHPian

Man you really have nerves of steel to handle this. This is utter nonsense, both from Bajaj as well as Rama motors.
I have my Scorpio's insurance with Reliance and general perception is "Reliance-chor hai" but believe me whenever i wanted they happily approved claims of 10-12 and even 20k once. Never knew Bajaj Allianz was so unprofessional, would never think of them in my life now. 47k is a huge claim but still they have no right to behave with a customer like they bought him.

A Diwali well ruined as you say, running around here and there in autos, i understand mate.
My friend gets his Linea serviced from ABS gurgaon and has been much happier with the service.

When will you get your car now? Any scheduled date?
Do complaint to Mangesh and CEO corner on fiat. If you want i can give some contact details of Mangesh, have spoked to him personally.
Raj2402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2009, 00:04   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

I am just concerned about one thing - why did you not go to Samyak? Of all the dealerships, he is by far the best one. And from all the reports, there is no way in hell that Sharma ji would've let his staff talk like that! I agree that the dealership is really cooking up bills here - that's bloddy expensive any which way
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2009, 13:55   #29
Senior - BHPian

A bent tie rod and they change the whole steering assembly! Thats taking the proactive thing too far and less said about BA, the better.
extreme_torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2009, 14:27   #30
Senior - BHPian

When your car is repaired and back safe & sound with you, do 2 things:

1.Lodge a complaint against the surveyor using the link given by sdp1975.

2. Write a stinker of a review about BA on TBHP and MOVIE Review, HOTEL Review, MOBILE PHONE Review, BOOK Review, CAR Review, CAMERA Review - MouthShut.com. Even if it makes 1 person stay away from BA, it'll be worth your time and effort. A lot of corporates do keep an eye on Mouthshut. So you never know, you might be pleasantly surprised with an apology call, though it will be too little too late.

All the best.
comfortablynumb is offline   Reply With Quote