Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2009, 14:00   #61
BHPian
 
DieselAddikt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 446
Thanked: 293 Times
Default

@clevermax

Nothing could go wrong. But when you have your money with you, the dealer is more prone to listen to you and come to terms with you easily. Thats all i would say.
DieselAddikt is offline  
Old 21st October 2009, 14:07   #62
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 80
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Hi GTX

Its really a nightmare experience if one goes through such agony, when is your beauty expected, do post the pics once your baby arrives and have a wonderful time.
challa is offline  
Old 21st October 2009, 14:12   #63
Senior - BHPian
 
nairrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Payyannur-Kannur district
Posts: 2,106
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Full payment only after the car arrived at your dealer
Also if Insurance is arranged by the dealer(?) ask them if the cover note is ready
(because this is must for registration). once you are satisfied then you can make full payment. Also make sure the next day they do the Registration of the car.
Thanks
nairrk is offline  
Old 21st October 2009, 14:22   #64
Senior - BHPian
 
sdp1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,592
Thanked: 920 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Also if Insurance is arranged by the dealer(?) ask them if the cover note is ready
(because this is must for registration).
I thought that the registration had to happen first for a new car and then the insurance. The insurance would need the registration number.
sdp1975 is online now  
Old 21st October 2009, 14:27   #65
BHPian
 
abhilash_iv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Kochi
Posts: 216
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
I thought that the registration had to happen first for a new car and then the insurance. The insurance would need the registration number.
No, the first insurance will be done with an unregistered status. I remember adding the registration number in the insurance records on the first renewal for both my Car and Bike.
abhilash_iv is offline  
Old 21st October 2009, 15:06   #66
Senior - BHPian
 
nairrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Payyannur-Kannur district
Posts: 2,106
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Without Insurance Cover note, Registration cannot be done.
(Original Insurance Certificate will come later to the owner's address or in some case it will come to dealer)

Original Insurance Certificate will contain following details of the car (Registration number is not required)

-Period of Insurance
-Insures Name
-Insured address
-Insured Id
-Hypothication Details (if any)

-Regn No.( here in this colum they will type as NEW )
-make/model/subtype (variant)/cc/year of mfg/seat cap/chasis no/engine no.

-vehicle idv/elec acessories/non-elec.acc/trailer/cng-lpg unit / total sum insured

followed by schedule of premium, then some terms/conditions etc.

Thanks
nairrk is offline  
Old 21st October 2009, 15:17   #67
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 65
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

try aaa@autocarindia.com,,the assistant editor Shapur is a big big fan of this car and will guide you
snoopy41 is offline  
Old 21st October 2009, 19:06   #68
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Kochi
Posts: 2,147
Thanked: 143 Times
Default

Dude, do you read PG Wodehouse?

When you get the cheque, RUN, RUN, RUN to the bank to present it. You do not have the money unless the cheque is honoured.

If you are paid anything less than the amount you paid, do not accept the cheque, and keep that form absolvign them (if any) they present you for yourselves, as evidence.

The owners have sound asset base - they are fish exporters, going by the info on this forum.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline  
Old 21st October 2009, 19:28   #69
BHPian
 
DieselAddikt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 446
Thanked: 293 Times
Default

Yes. They are not financially troubled by any means. They have a very well established Export company at Alapuzha. So you'll get the money back unless they consciously try to play tricks.
DieselAddikt is offline  
Old 21st October 2009, 20:19   #70
BHPian
 
jaisha8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Trichur, Kerala
Posts: 358
Thanked: 98 Times
Default

GTX, very sorry to read your horrible and nightmarish experience with RF Motors. I also bought my Linea from them in April 09. Reading your thread, I consider myself damn lucky to have got my car within 5-6 days. But again there is a different story to that. I had booked a Emotion Pk MJD Red Linea. After 1 week of booking they informed me that the car is in Transit but my loan was with SBI and it was getting delayed. So one full day I was in SBI office and got the loan approved and the cheque in my hand. Next day when I called them they informed me that there is no Emotion pack in that lot but only Emotion. I was furious and demanded the sales guy to give the phone to their manager Mr. Rakesh. Rakesh apologised and informed me that they have 2 Vocal white emotion pk in this lot and I can see this if I am interested. He persuaded me to come and have a look at this colour and promised me that this colour was really beautiful. So I accepted his request and went to RF with my wife. The car was just then unloaded and bought to their godown at the opposite side of the showroom. My wife immediately fell in love with the Vocal white and said that she wants only the white one and to cancel the Flamenco red. I spoke to Rakesh and he immediately agreed as he had no clue when Flamenco red Emotion pk would arrive.
I took the delivery and last month the rear wheel brakes were jammed and when my father called them they gave a negative response. They I wrote to Customer care and they send mechanics from Hyson (As I m from Trichur) and repaired it. I was abroad then. So when I went on leave this time, I went to Hyson and told them that I want to do all future services with them. Now also I m getting calls from RF for some new products etc which I immediately decline.
But as mentioned by you, FIAT products are really good. Linea is a fantastic car and I believe even FIAT punto would be the same as they are of the same breed. Please send pictures and a detail review when you get your Punto. Wish you all the best, buddy.
jaisha8 is offline  
Old 22nd October 2009, 07:39   #71
BHPian
 
GTX007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cochin, God's Own Country
Posts: 121
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Thank you dear friends for this whole hearted support, I feel privileged for being a bhpian!

I will see to that I make the full payment only after seeing the car in the dealer's yard . About delivery period I am yet to get a confirmation from Concorde. RF has agreed to give me the cheque today, let me see how things are going to turn up today.

jaisha8: I was dealing with the same person Mr.Rakesh you mentioned. He has resigned and at present no Manager for RF Motors. You better think twice before coming to RF for service buddy.
GTX007 is offline  
Old 22nd October 2009, 08:39   #72
BHPian
 
balajeshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 65
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

I feel for you GTX007 ,my experience with the dealer was far better compared with yours ,atleast i got my car after 15 days delay .I can understand your feeling ,hope the concorde guys can keep up their promise .

And one more thing keep calling the dealer till you get your VIN and chassis no and also keep in touch once you get it every couple of days.

Hope you join the punter's club soon ;-) ,eagerly waiting for your ownership report thread.
balajeshi is offline  
Old 22nd October 2009, 10:49   #73
BHPian
 
GTX007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cochin, God's Own Country
Posts: 121
Thanked: 2 Times
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisha8 View Post
GTX, very sorry to read your horrible and nightmarish experience with RF Motors. I also bought my Linea from them in April 09. Reading your thread, I consider myself damn lucky to have got my car within 5-6 days. But again there is a different story to that. I had booked a Emotion Pk MJD Red Linea. After 1 week of booking they informed me that the car is in Transit but my loan was with SBI and it was getting delayed. So one full day I was in SBI office and got the loan approved and the cheque in my hand. Next day when I called them they informed me that there is no Emotion pack in that lot but only Emotion. I was furious and demanded the sales guy to give the phone to their manager Mr. Rakesh. Rakesh apologised and informed me that they have 2 Vocal white emotion pk in this lot and I can see this if I am interested. He persuaded me to come and have a look at this colour and promised me that this colour was really beautiful. So I accepted his request and went to RF with my wife. The car was just then unloaded and bought to their godown at the opposite side of the showroom. My wife immediately fell in love with the Vocal white and said that she wants only the white one and to cancel the Flamenco red. I spoke to Rakesh and he immediately agreed as he had no clue when Flamenco red Emotion pk would arrive.
I took the delivery and last month the rear wheel brakes were jammed and when my father called them they gave a negative response. They I wrote to Customer care and they send mechanics from Hyson (As I m from Trichur) and repaired it. I was abroad then. So when I went on leave this time, I went to Hyson and told them that I want to do all future services with them. Now also I m getting calls from RF for some new products etc which I immediately decline.
But as mentioned by you, FIAT products are really good. Linea is a fantastic car and I believe even FIAT punto would be the same as they are of the same breed. Please send pictures and a detail review when you get your Punto. Wish you all the best, buddy.
Nice to know that you are planning to deal with Hyson, any dealer would be better than RF, that's what I feel now.


Bala: Thanks for your concern, I am eagerly waiting to join the Punter's club. Hope that happens soon.

Last edited by GTX007 : 22nd October 2009 at 10:51.
GTX007 is offline  
Old 22nd October 2009, 11:22   #74
Distinguished - BHPian
 
sgiitk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kanpur
Posts: 7,160
Thanked: 3,754 Times
Default

The good thing is that you found out the rogue dealer before getting the car. No you know where NOT to go for service.
sgiitk is offline  
Old 22nd October 2009, 11:24   #75
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

Just went through the whole thread !

You should have walked off from RF to the next dealer and could have even talked in getting a better deal at Concorde.

Hope you get your dream car soon without much further drama by dealers.
jkdas is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pasco Motors Gurgaon (Nexa) delivers a 322 km S-Cross as new. EDIT: Amicably Resolved! 1lokesh Indian Car Dealerships 59 7th April 2016 11:26
Frustrating experience with Geeyem Motors, Cochin. EDIT : Now resolved! kavu75 Indian Car Dealerships 5 3rd May 2011 10:54
Need help with Pre-Rana motors attitude in delivery delay of Punto EDIT: Resolved balajeshi Indian Car Dealerships 47 10th October 2009 22:51
Filing case against Khivraj Motors (Bajaj Showroom). EDIT : Matter resolved! Bhargava_sr Motorbikes 18 18th August 2009 04:23
Cheating at MASS (EDIT: Positve attitude from AM Motors managment resolved the issue) BMW-X5 Indian Car Dealerships 20 22nd June 2009 03:35


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:23.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks