Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 21st January 2018, 12:41   #31
BHPian

Default Weird experience with luxury car dealerships.

I'm writing about my personal experience. I found it weird and morally wrong and had never faced this sort of a problem before. For the last year my dad and I were contemplating about owning a luxury vehicle. So as any other enthusiast I was all over the place, calling every dealer and getting deals and quotations. I looked over every option that had me interested and seemed VFM to me. The thing that I found weird was that the sales executive would quote a deal on the phone which would have me interested and when he would come to our house or office, the quotation would get significantly more expensive and he would deny quoting the previous deal.

I don't know if it is a tactic to arrange a personal meeting or something else but this attitude led to some bad experiences and we dropped the idea of owning a luxury car for now and are sticking to psuedo luxury like endeavour/superb etc.

For eg- I inquired for the last generation BMW 530d f10. This is before the launch of the g30 and as expected there were mouth watering deals on the existing stock. I negotiated a a deal with the executive which included a rear lip spoiler with the MRP of approximately 75000rs for free. As I liked the deal, I arranged a meeting for him with my father. The shocker was that he refused to give me the spoiler for free and denied any such conversation and secondly the price he then quoted was around 5 lakhs higher than the one decided on the phone. I always had a thorough conversation so there is no confusion between ex-showroom price and on-road price or anything like that.

I had a similar experience with Mercedes while enquiring about the last generation e350d.

Did any of you face such issues? What can I do to avoid this in future?(whenever we decide to go the luxury way)

Last edited by Eddy : 21st January 2018 at 12:50. Reason: Typos and spacing
Tarmac.terrorist is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2018, 18:05   #32
BHPian

Default Re: Weird experience with luxury car dealerships.

The first thing to do would be to request everything they say about whatever deals and discounts they're gonna give should be sent to you through their official email channel, and only them decide to meet them. It would reduce this event by a huge margin.

This is not just the act of luxury dealerships but every single one I have come across.
Stratosphere is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote