Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 22nd November 2009, 17:51   #1
BHPian

Default Dynamic Motors CHD (Chevrolet)

The chevrolet dealer (Dynamic motors) is terrible. I called up and asked what are the showroom timings on sunday. The person said we are open from 10 am till 5 PM. So, i went there around 3 : 30 pm. On reaching there i saw that the showroom was closed. So i again called up the person to ask why as to why the showroom was closed. He said that let me check and he got back to me saying that the showroom is open till 3 PM only. And then when i asked him that where he was, he said "I am at PVR Centra Mall, watching a movie". I told him that you just lost a customer. He was unaffected by that. So the bottom line is Chevy customer handling is not good and i am not buying the Cruze anymore.

Note from Mods : Post edited and moved to new thread. Please do not use spaces before punctuation marks. Take a look at this thread for details. Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 22nd November 2009 at 19:17. Reason: Please see the note that has been put at the end of your post by the Support Team.
smalhotra_93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2009, 12:16   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

While I agree that salesman is incompetent, and wasted your time, I don't think its fair to judge the entire dealership / brand by this one incident. Try another salesperson at the same dealer, or another dealer altogether. At the end of the day, it was a small error. Not trying to take away that it cost you time, but you get the gist. Take a spin in the Cruze and update us with your impressions
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2009, 12:26   #3
BHPian

Well , maybe a one-off incident. But remember ultimately what matters is car and service in the long run. I have seen sweet-talking salesmen turning hostile once you book your vehicle. You are a customer so focus on the product you want to buy, if a particular salesman did give you a bad time do raise a concern at the dealership and demand better service immediately. 9 out of 10 times you won't be disappointed by this approach and will be treated royally.

--Vikrant
vikrantj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2009, 14:58   #4
BHPian

I also had a very bad experience from the same GM dealer in Chd. My father in law was planning to buy a car in Cruze category and I suggested him to check out Cruze also. We went to the showroom to test drive the car but the experience there was pathetic. There was no sales person around for abt 15 minutes. Finally, we went to the reception and enquired abt the car. She was good and introduced to one of their senior sales man.
The attitude of that salesman was simply pathetic. He was behaving like the car is touch me not kind. Here is the conversation I had between him and me:
Me: Can you tell us the specifications of this car?
Salesman: It is same as Laura but power is better then any car sold in India.

Me: Can you tell us about its features?(Though I knew all the features of the car, courtsey team-Bhp)
Salesman: It has everything.

Me: Do you have any comparison chart/sheet with Civic or Altis(as my father in law was mainly interested in these two).
Salesman: Cruze is not compareable to any car from Honda and Toyota. This is even better then a Merc.

Me: Can we have a test drive?
Salesman: We dont have a car for test drive.

Me: what abt the price?
Salesman: gave us the copy of price list.

Me: When can we get the test drive.
Salesman: No need to take a test drive.

Me: How can we buy a car without even test driving it?
Salesman: we had got 16 cars and all of them got booked within 1st week of launch. This is then best car in India and everyone is dying to get this car.

The car on display was locked and he didn't even bother to unlock the same. When we insisted, he finally brought the keys and opened it.

So, you can see the kind of attitude the salesman had. someone called my father in law after 2 weeks about the decision and my father in law gave her a good lecture about their mis behavior.
zoom2_ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2009, 19:19   #5
Team-BHP Support

From another thread :
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivar1951 View Post
A Chandigarh consumer court has fined GM and its dealer, Dynamic Motors, Rs 25,000/- for the problems faced by a buyer of Optra Magnum. He had run into various problems after only 4000 k.m. and was in and out of the dealership without any real solution to the problems faced. I think he should have got at least a lakh if not more. But something good anyway.
Source : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...alerships.html (Chevy: Constantly changing dealerships)
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2009, 19:37   #6
Senior - BHPian

I live in Chandigarh and i can proudly say that Dynamic Motors is hopeless. Even Tata-Fiat is better than them. Bhagat FORD feels like you are in a Suzuki workshop compared to Dynamic Motors.
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2009, 21:36   #7
Senior - BHPian

Dynamic Motor all i can say they are hopeless

they took about 2hr to open a job card and return the car without washing and were about to charge me for the same but they are improving slowly but definitely
manikjeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2009, 22:12   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Try another salesperson at the same dealer, or another dealer altogether. At the end of the day, it was a small error.
GTO, Is it really possible? Last year, when I was looking to buy a car, I was considering UVA too. My hometown is Ludhiana and I work in Chandigarh. When I went to Chevy dealership in Ludhiana, they told me that I have to specify my billing address only of Ludhiana or its periphery. If I want to specify my Chandigarh address, they can't sell me the car.

I was shocked and asked what was the reason. They said, it is Chevy protocol. The dealeres can sell cars only in their own specfied area. They happily said that I should buy the car from Dynamic Motors if I want to get the registration done in Chandigarh. When I asked them, there is no such thing with any other car company, they said they know that but nothing can be done about it as it is company policy.
gupta_chd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2009, 12:30   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupta_chd View Post
GTO, Is it really possible? Last year, when I was looking to buy a car, I was considering UVA too. My hometown is Ludhiana and I work in Chandigarh.
Of course it is! I can buy a car from anywhere I want and register it myself. I have not heard of any so-called restriction. In fact, this kind of restriction could lead to monopolistic exploitation by the dealer in your area, as he could charge you whatever he wishes!

I have bought atleast 2 cars that were registered in an RTO jurisdiction other than that of the dealership.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2009, 15:31   #10
BHPian

Even I have done that. It is about chevrolet only,not other brands and I do think they were being little monopolistic at that time as Chevrolet has only one dealer in Chandigarh and Ludhiana each. They refused to offer any dealer discount(even when everybody knows U-VA is not a hot seller) and I simply walked away from the deal.
gupta_chd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2011, 12:54   #11
BHPian

Default Re: Dynamic Motors CHD (Chevrolet)

I recently got my Cruze serviced at Dynamic Motors in Chandigarh. The experience has been anything but unsatisfactory. If you've read my post before, you would know I'm talking about my 16000 Kms Servicing report where I spent close to Rs. 24000 for the second servicing (which included brake pads replacements for both front and rear).

Only 2500 Kms onwards the rear left and right brake pads which usually last a lot longer have been worn out.

Yes, that is correct. Now I've given my car to Apex Auto (Sec. 18) Gurgaon to get the same fixed and I'm taking the Dynamic Motors branch in Chandigarh to the court of law. This is a case of either extreme negligence or that of fraudulent where they may not have changed the rear disc brakes at all. Any one else who has sued them before ? Could use some pointers. I know practically the best law practitioners so filing a case with ease is my forte.
harpreetkanwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2011, 00:13   #12
BHPian

Default Re: Dynamic Motors CHD (Chevrolet)

I really pity GM for having such dealers. While they keep launching attractive schemes to move their cars off the shelves faster, it looks like their dealers are least interested.

Specially the case of Dynamic Motors : When GM recently launched the discount scheme on the Magnum, i visited Dynamic at least 4 to 5 times. While I was really interested in buying that car, the hopeless and careless attitude of the dealer turned me off ! It was the same story all the 4 or 5 times I visited them.

1. When you enter the showroom, there is no one bothered to guide you. All they do is simply ignore.
2. Even after you show interest and query any salesman, they are simply not interested in selling. Usually hand over the price list and go back as if they are neck-deep in work.
3. If you ask for a TD, forget it that you'll have it the same day.
4. The showroom is always so dull in lighting. Looks like they are more interested in saving the electricity costs !
5. If a dealer is really interested in selling its cars, they usually follow-up with the inquires and calling back potential customers who visited their showroom. But no one at Dynamic is even bothered to note down your contact details !

While I still believe that the Magnum is a real VFM specially after the recent price cuts, the attitude of the dealer really stopped me from buying it. If they are not interested even in selling their cars, then think how will be their after sales services !
Abhas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2012, 21:07   #13

Smile Re: Dynamic Motors CHD (Chevrolet)

Finally a new Chevy dealership and service workshop has opened in Chandigarh. Its Padam Motors at 185 Phase 1 Industrial Area Chandigarh. Phone 0172 5212900 for showroom and 0172 5212999 for service and workshop. Been there only once but head and shoulders above the idiots at Dynamic Motors.
saty is offline   Reply With Quote