Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 23rd October 2013, 14:45   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Experience at Wasan Ford

Wasan Ford in Mumbai is looting innocent customers by over charging the customers with the car registration charges. The amount being paid to the Regional Transport Authority (RTA) is much less than what they take from customer. The actual amount paid to the RTA is Rs. 87,852 and what was charged by to me is Rs.97832.

I would want them to:
1) Refund the extra money they have taken apart from the registration charges.
2) Give me an apology in writing
3) Come up with a price list (which they give to the customers) which clearly indicates the actual amount paid to the third parties like Regional Transport Authority or Insurance company and their service charges that they take from their customers.
Prash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2013, 13:02   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash View Post
Wasan Ford in Mumbai is looting innocent customers by over charging the customers with the car registration charges. The amount being paid to the Regional Transport Authority (RTA) is much less than what they take from customer. The actual amount paid to the RTA is Rs. 87,852 and what was charged by to me is Rs.97832.

I would want them to:
1) Refund the extra money they have taken apart from the registration charges.
2) Give me an apology in writing
3) Come up with a price list (which they give to the customers) which clearly indicates the actual amount paid to the third parties like Regional Transport Authority or Insurance company and their service charges that they take from their customers.
Hi Prash, I think you may be referring to your EcoSport purchase. I too bought a car from Bhavna Ford and they overcharged by close to Rs. 15,000. Upon taking up the matter with Ford, it was pushed to the owner of the dealership who promptly paid the penalty to the RTO and shared the official receipt.

The reason this is happening is because dealers are forging the bills or giving the wrong bill at the time of registration (invoice between Ford & dealership) hence tax is calculated on that value!

This is a serious matter and also a case of fraud which you will have to aggressively push. In fact I have documented everything on email and if a group can go to the press we should report this in the newspapers.

Not only we are getting fooled but the Ford dealerships are minting money this way!!!

I also verified the tax on my Hyundai & BMW cars and found them to be legitimate unlike the case with FORD.

It is also shameful that Ford has no control over their dealerships on such issues! It is in fact their brand image that is getting tarnished indirectly.
xuv2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2013, 14:22   #18
BHPian

Yes, Ford has not much control over its dealers. It was clearly evident when I had pre booked the Ecosport before its launch. There was no proper procedure followed then and even after the official launch there was no transparent system maintained by Ford or Wasan about how nad when the cars would be delivered to the customers. Every 7-10 days i use to call and ask for my update on delivery. Only after lot of follow up with the general manager at Wasan I finally got ecosport after 3 months. Worst was Ford's western zone office in Mumbai which never replied back to my calls. I guess dealers must have been upset with the non selling of new Feista and the low sales of other Ford cars that Ford India gave a free hand to their dealers 'TO LOOT' and cash in on their loss making period. I have seen booking procedures at Maruti and Mahindra. The forms are filled up online at the time of booking and company revert backs with the delivery date (approximate) directly on customers mobile or mail box which ensures there is no fake claim by the dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuv2390 View Post
Hi Prash, I think you may be referring to your EcoSport purchase. I too bought a car from Bhavna Ford and they overcharged by close to Rs. 15,000. Upon taking up the matter with Ford, it was pushed to the owner of the dealership who promptly paid the penalty to the RTO and shared the official receipt.

The reason this is happening is because dealers are forging the bills or giving the wrong bill at the time of registration (invoice between Ford & dealership) hence tax is calculated on that value!

This is a serious matter and also a case of fraud which you will have to aggressively push. In fact I have documented everything on email and if a group can go to the press we should report this in the newspapers.

Not only we are getting fooled but the Ford dealerships are minting money this way!!!

I also verified the tax on my Hyundai & BMW cars and found them to be legitimate unlike the case with FORD.

It is also shameful that Ford has no control over their dealerships on such issues! It is in fact their brand image that is getting tarnished indirectly.
Prash is offline   Reply With Quote