Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 27th November 2009, 10:49   #1
Senior - BHPian

Smile Experience at Wasan Ford

Guys,

I am writing my first review about Wasan Ford, Thane since I could not find any posts/thread regarding the dealer when I was searching for the dealer review.
My dealing with Wasan Ford started with Test drive of Fiesta 1.6 petrol. Upon reaching the showroom on the day of test drive, I was offered the demo vehicle within 15 mins. Maybe because I had called a day before and fixed an appointment for test drive. Sales exec Mr Surendran Nair explained to me in detail about the vehicle and the OTR cost after the test drive. Since I hadn't yet decided on Fiesta I told him I would give a call once I decide.
Later when I finalized Ford Fiesta 1.6 Zxi, another exec Manish came into picture. The interaction with Manish was cordial and he went out of the way to help me with any issue. He also helped me in getting additional accessories. Later when I wanted some more accessories installed he helped me with that too. He also arranged a ride to their stockyard at Kongaon, near Kalyan. The only regret I have is that he did not inform me during the booking about the engine manufacturing date. I wanted a Morello Fiesta and Manish promised it was available but actually it was June 2009 manufactured. Later he arranged a Platinum Fiesta of Oct 2009 manufactured and did all the neccessary corrections in the receipts.
The delivery of the vehicle was prompt on the day and time suggested. Wasan Ford arranged the puja items also. Everything went well as far as sale & delivery was concerned.
Now my interaction with Wasan Ford would be during the After Sales Service and that needs to be checked. I will be writing detailed reviews after each service or during other times of interaction.
I would definitely recommend Wasan Ford, Thane to all Ford buyers.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2009, 10:54   #2
Senior - BHPian

Nice to know that there is a good dealer at Thane. In fact I'd driven to Thane 2 years back on my Fiesta from Hyd, but did not visit any workshop as everything was fine with the car.
Is Wasan somewhere near the Cadbury factory? I am asking because my knowledge of Thane is limited to the road from Cadbury to Vartak Nagar.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2009, 11:05   #3
Senior - BHPian

Wasan Ford in on the busy Ghodbunder Road, opp to Cinemax Wondermall. Its about 2 min drive from Cadbury junction. The only sore point is that there are no huge banners screaming about Wasan Ford and neither is Wasan interested in advertising about Ford leave apart itself. They are getting on an avg 50-60 car bookings, not only Fiesta but others also. Hence this laziness. By any chance if you happen to be in Thane next time, inform me we can meet.
Old 9th March 2010, 20:50   #4
BHPian

Default Moved

There is a new Wasan Ford opened in Chembur now, where the Tata showroom used to be, which has in it's own turn moved down the road, some 5 buildings away.

I hope this is the same setup ( people and professionalism ) as erstwhile Wasan Ford Thane. I hope the members would be able to confirm this based on their interaction.
Abhi_s80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2010, 11:49   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_s80 View Post
There is a new Wasan Ford opened in Chembur now, where the Tata showroom used to be, which has in it's own turn moved down the road, some 5 buildings away.

I hope this is the same setup ( people and professionalism ) as erstwhile Wasan Ford Thane. I hope the members would be able to confirm this based on their interaction.
hello Abhi_s80;
Yes it is the same setup. Infact i would be going there sometime today to complete my Fiesta booking formalities. And Ofcourse Manish Goyal is the guy i am dealing with at Wasan. Very straight forward and accomodating fellow too; i must say.
nairanupg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2010, 15:33   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairanupg View Post
hello Abhi_s80;
Yes it is the same setup. ...Very straight forward and accomodating fellow too; i must say.
@ Nairanupg - Glad to know, my experience till now has been satisfactory. Also, sent you a PM on the same

In general, though the Maruti dealership / showrooms always seem more airyand FORD seems more "business like" . Personal Observation only !
Old 15th March 2010, 18:04   #7
BHPian

Quote:

Actually the Wasan Ford at Chembur is old. I remember they opened in 1994-95 when Ford entered India. They were housed in a separate building on the road towards Sindhi Society, pretty close to the signal at Swastik Park.
adits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2010, 11:33   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adits View Post
Actually the Wasan Ford at Chembur is old. I remember they opened in 1994-95 when Ford entered India. They were housed in a separate building on the road towards Sindhi Society, pretty close to the signal at Swastik Park.

It is pretty old i have been told, and yes they are a professional outfit too. Very business like as far as my dealings with them so far is concerned. No under hand dealings and no miscommunications.
Touch wood.
Old 17th March 2010, 13:17   #9
Senior - BHPian

Smile

Where is the workshop of Wasan Ford located, I heard its somewhere near Deonar? Is it far from their showroom? I will be visiting the workshop sometime in the last week of March to get the under body coating inspected? Since I got it done from Wasan, the present Ford dealer in Thane is refusing to inspect the same.
Old 17th March 2010, 13:21   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Where is the workshop of Wasan Ford located, I heard its somewhere near Deonar? Is it far from their showroom? I will be visiting the workshop sometime in the last week of March to get the under body coating inspected? Since I got it done from Wasan, the present Ford dealer in Thane is refusing to inspect the same.
Yeah, it's near Deonar.

Address :
Near Shah Industrial Estate, CTS.No.339/340, Deonar, Mumbai 400 088
prateekm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2010, 13:29   #11
Senior - BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Yeah, it's near Deonar.

Address :
Near Shah Industrial Estate, CTS.No.339/340, Deonar, Mumbai 400 088
How far is this from Cheddha nagar junction on Eastern Express highway. I tried googling for the address but could not get a clear picture. Thinking of talking to one of the exec. who rides from Thane to Showroom.
Old 18th March 2010, 19:28   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
How far is this from Cheddha nagar junction on Eastern Express highway. I tried googling for the address but could not get a clear picture. Thinking of talking to one of the exec. who rides from Thane to Showroom.
Its quite some distance frm Chedda nagar Ghodlur.
Suggest you take the straightest road possible.
coming from Kurla take the right turn on the eastern express highway towards Chembur(Corporate Park). And take a left at the TISS traffic signal; the road goes towards Deonar station. Post that take the first right and go 400 metres. Keep your eyes open on the driversside. Shah industrial estate has big boards and you will catch the Ford wala sign board too.

p.s. if i confused you then you can always ask around near TISS
Old 19th March 2010, 16:39   #13
BHPian

Default SC Ford

Does any one have an idea about SC FORD, in Mumbai ? I searched the dealership forums, and there seems to be nothing on them. Similarly, I think Bhavna FORD is also 'under represented' on Team, unlike Shreeji and Wasan
Old 4th May 2010, 13:02   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Does any one have an idea about SC FORD, in Mumbai ? I searched the dealership forums, and there seems to be nothing on them. Similarly, I think Bhavna FORD is also 'under represented' on Team, unlike Shreeji and Wasan
I believe'no news is good news'... Hence went ahead and booked my Fiesta from SC Ford. Will update my experiences.
amitverma123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2010, 15:26   #15
Senior - BHPian

Mods - Request you to change the thread title to "Ford Experience at Wasan Ford" since they have shifted to Deonar and no longer in Thane.