Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 6th December 2009, 17:17   #1
Question Feedback on Rana Motors,Bhikaji Cama,New Delhi

Hiya Bhp'ians,

Need some help here.
Many people from my place have got their Cars (Maruti) from Rana Motors.
So there is bound to be a tendency in me to go with the herd.

I decided to pay a visit to their Showroom last week.
My experience was nothing great to speak about.
The Salesguy was not totally aware of all the features of Ritz.
Also he seemed to be in a hurry to push me into buying he car without any discounts as such, claiming that the prices are going to go up after Jan due to addition in tax by about 20K in the car I was interested in. He even was not giving Corporate Discount after checking in some lame company list.

They also had the policy that December prices will apply only if I take delivery (invoicing happens) in Dec only.
Also I had 2 color choices (one primary and other secondary).
He said one is readily available, while for other I have to pay 50% discount and will take 2 weeks for delivery(I consider that as minimum waiting as per my awareness of Dealer promises).

In short, could you please help with with below queries:
1. I would appreciate feedback of purchasing experience at Rana Motors.
2. It is true that pricing of Car is as per invoicing date at all dealerships? I find this absurd as it means that salesman cannot give me actual price quote at booking.
3. Is it normal for them to ask 50% advance if it is a color in less demand ? And should I pay it knowing that if the waiting gets delayed till Jan, I would have to buy at higher price without any resort.
cool.aquarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2009, 18:26   #2
Senior - BHPian

There are tons of maruti dealers in Delhi, and you can save upto Rs. 30,000 on ritz DDiS. If dissatisfied with rana, go elsewhere, and do not expect many salespersons to know about the ritz features. Just go, have a TD, if you like, strike a deal.

visit Maruti Suzuki Ritz Car - Maruti Ritz Cars India Website for all the info you want.

If I had to really purchase a small car, I make a point not to grill a salesman, just talk about the best deal, or sign the cheque, if satisfied, or walk off, if dissatisfied.

No need to pay anything in advance, try another dealer for your colour choice, it will be easily available. Asking for advance is a way of making money and delivering false commitments.

Last edited by sidindica : 7th December 2009 at 18:28.
sidindica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2009, 21:16   #3
Senior - BHPian

Member Maglev bought his SX4 from Rana. PM him for more details.

Moreover, I've seen Rana gain unprecedented popularity in a short span of time. There have been many new dealers for Maruti, but Rana seems to be most popular.
tsk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2009, 22:17   #4

I think if you are not satisfied with the pre sales experience,there is no point that you should get your car from here.
there are a lot of dealers in south delhi.If you have time,all it takes is a few phone calls to all these dealers.
you should first enquire about the offers available on RITZ,This will make bargaining easy.

best of luck!!
ankit.jhamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2009, 14:21   #5
Default Advice Needed: Pretty Urgent.

Hi mates,

Let me explain the latest situation.
I got call from another Salesman (from Rana Motors) and he was ready to also arrange the financing for me from Public Bank at reasonable rate and will give me the Car at same price by December (before the prices rise).

So I booked the car from him by paying 10K as booking amt.
Also gave him all the documentation for the Loan Application.
The Salesman has been very cooperative till now as he has been managing filing of all my papers for Loan and has booked a vehicle currently in godown for me(as per his words), also given me final digits of Chasis+Engine number and I am quite satisfied with him. He says Complete Chasis/Engine num he will know only when he receives vehicle to Showroom.
I am planning to do a pre registration visit tomorrow after he brings vehicle from Godown to Showroom.

My concern is that this Salesman is from Rana Motors in Tees Hazari Metro Station, Boulevard Road, Delhi. which is a sub branch of the Head Office at Bhikaji Cama Place whereas my place R.K.Puram is very very near to the Bhikaji Head Office Showroom. At booking he claimed he can give me vehicle delivery from Bhikaji Cama center also if I want from there.

He says car is currently in Godown(in Manesar) and that he cannot let me accompany when getting the car from their Godown to Tis Hazari Showroom tomorrow as he does not know exactly who will bring the vehicle and at what time. Also he is at present not agreeing to bringing the Car to Bhikaji Cama Showroom instead of Tis Hazari.

Bhikaji Cama is very very near to my place, whereas Tis Hazari is little far from my place (R.K.Puram). He has agreed to arrange to send the Demo Car for taking me to Tis Hazari Showroom tomorrow for the visit.

So should I insist him to:
1. Let me accompany the movement from Godown to Showroom
2. Bring the Car to Bhikaji Cama instead of Tis Hazari Showroom.

Please advice what should I do.
This is my first car and so I am taking many precautions not be be handled with a "used"/"problematic" car esp with a Showroom little far as compared to nearer Head Office Showroom.
Any reviews of Tis hazari Showroom will also be helpful to me.

Last edited by cool.aquarian : 24th December 2009 at 14:41.
cool.aquarian is offline   Reply With Quote