Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 24th August 2005, 10:21   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer
if i were you ,i would ve sc**** up the autobahn and DCIL people , after all its the matter of our lives

All we can do is HOPE !

dont you mean autohanger instaed of autobahn.

hey sahil this matter has to be brought up to everyones notice and shouldnt be allowed to slip away.write letters publish it in car magazines etc.

Rev
revtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2005, 10:37   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen
Threathen them , show all yr records. Publish in every possible mag.
@Dipen, while I agree with all other suggestions I think this is of little use, just because it is MBenz. How many MB owners actually read such mags? I know a couple of them, and they can't even read English...
So IMHO, it would be better if shown that Sahil is in a position to spread the word in the local MBenz owner community...

@Ajmat, I don't think the consumer court is the answer. The Auto Hanger has presented him only an ESTIMATE, not a SERVICE BILL.

@amitverma, MBenz is going thru a nightmare globally, so I don't think Indian assmbly ops are the culprit. A kind of decline has set in, esp after 2000. I know a 1997 model E250D which was made by MBIL, and it has absolutly no serious problems even after 400,000 kms.

@Sahil, BMW is currently doing "Bhoomi Pooja" at Chengalpet, so you need to wait for another 18 months...LOL...Let us hope the Lexus guys are reading this...

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 24th August 2005 at 10:40.
sandeepmdas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2005, 10:44   #48
Senior - BHPian

hey aseem
i have been reading this post from the begginning and understand what you are trying to say.it makes snece to those who think logically and not to those whose minds are simply thinkin one sideded.

according to you
sahil wants the status symbol which is associated with going to PVR (owning a merc) but he cant afford to eat there ( pay for maintainance).

IF THIS WAS THE CASE then i would totally agree with you with my eyes closed and would recomend him to buy a mb (MARUTI BALENO).so he would be fully content with it and would be able to affor the spares and maintain the car.

BUT THATS NOT THE CASE.

he is not saying that HE CANT AFFORD IT.if he cant then he would have sold it of long back and wouldnt consider buying a bmw.

what he has been talking about is how mb(NOT MARUTI BALENO BUT MERCEDES BENZ) IS CHEATING their customers.thats the point here.

if his car was underwater and his ecu and sam was indeed damaged then he wouldnt have posted "autohanger tried to dupe me" but instead "merc spares are expensive" and then you would be totally right in recomending him to buy the baleno.

but as mentioned before thats not the case and he and many other customers have been cheated by autohanger and thats what the enitre discussion is about.why do they charge 8000 rupees to tow a car from bandra to andheri if another service centre charges only 6000 rupess to get it towed all the way to puna 200kms away. and why did they give the estimate without checking the part.

thats why every one is againt autohanger , the reason being THEY ARE CHEATING CUSTOMERS AND NOT PROVIDING THE SERVICE THEY OUGHT TO AND NOT BECAUSE THE SPARES ARE EXPENSIVE.

REv

Last edited by revtech : 24th August 2005 at 10:49.
Old 24th August 2005, 10:52   #49
BHPian

Reading this post is fun! I'm dying of laughter!

Thanks a ton Aseem!
superavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2005, 11:07   #50
Senior - BHPian

@aseem, let us sum up like this: If your Maruti Service centre gives you an estimate of INR 25,000 for an oil change for your Baleno, what would have been your reaction?

But OTOH, I understand and appreciate many a point raised by you, and e.g repairing the AC @ local garage-walla. Unfortunately, you presented them in a cluttered and confusing way...

dont take my posts as personal, dude....
Old 24th August 2005, 11:43   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

@ Sandeep - I have put up this post to spread awareness amongst the tbhp community, and i think this post is working well towards the same as it has 700 views in about 24hrs. Just an eye opener for everyone to check their estimates no matter who the dealer is, and if its Autohangar then use a microscope and check it :laugh: Spreading the word does help as two of my friends whos cars were at autohangar till yest have taken them back and sent them to Sah&Shangi and Millenium respectively. One of them has an E240 and an E220Cdi while the other has two C200K's. So there your have it....autohangar looses business of my two merc plus 4 of my two friends each so that makes it 6 cars in one shot out of their hands. And this is just the begining, i am in my own way going to take this to a higher level. Not only is autohangar goign to loose business but DCIL too is going to get affect if their cars dont improve....atleast i know that me or any of my friends will never buy a merc again as they have had a large share of problem in each of their cars.

About the 'AC REPAIR' .... Do you go to your cars service center everytime you need a tyre change? Is that considered as 'repair' to you? I just changed the GAS in the the AC which doesnt involve any mechanical 'repair' work. My car have NEVER been 'repaired' by an outside source.
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2005, 13:27   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil
So there your have it....autohangar looses business...
Exactly this is what needed, the right way and the right direction. No business can afford a customer boycott (except some of our PSUs, of course).

Ever noticed how efficient and lethel Gandhiji's strategies were?
Old 24th August 2005, 13:53   #53
Senior - BHPian

AutoHangar clearly seems to be at fault, but what is their version of the story? I would love to hear that as well. May be our Super Admin will consider using his secret resources to get that.
RX135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2005, 14:47   #54
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by superavi

Thanks a ton Aseem!
Superavi, no need to laugh. Autohangar duping someone is not a laughing matter and neither I think are Aseem's views. He is entitled to them even if they were not appropriately worded.

Enough said.
navin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2005, 14:49   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
but what is their version of the story?
I appreciate the way you thought. They should be having their own version of story just to justify themselves.
Surprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2005, 14:55   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil
..........autohangar asked me to pay them 8000rs for towing charges from bandra to andheri!!!!!!!!
What's your reaction to this? Did you paid that amount to them?
Surprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2005, 15:11   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise
What's your reaction to this? Did you paid that amount to them?
My reaction =
No i didnt pay it. My dads handling that ...he refused to pay, informed them that u charge a resonible amount and i will happily pay you guys this is rediciulous... i dont think they have gotten back.
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2005, 15:25   #58
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
May be our Super Admin will consider using his secret resources to get that.
I dont know what is secretive about my resources, since the only two people I know at Auto Hangar at mentioned in my C220 thread. I am certain we will hear their version of the story sooner rather than later.

And no - I didnt use any resources in my fight with DCIL. It was all about common sense, consumer rights awareness and a strong valid case.

GTO
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2005, 15:30   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin

Quote:
Originally Posted by superavi

Thanks a ton Aseem!

Superavi, no need to laugh. Autohangar duping someone is not a laughing matter and neither I think are Aseem's views. He is entitled to them even if they were not appropriately worded.

Enough said.
i agree with navin there is no reason to make fun of or criticize aaseem or any one for that matter.he had something to say and he did but its just that he didnt totally understand sahil thats about it.

Rev
Old 24th August 2005, 21:44   #60
BANNED

Sahil.. dude I feel for ya...
Might not have anything to do with the subject.. but a friend of mine reciently bought himself a brand new E270 CDi.. and the same evening that he got the car we went for a spin and dude.. there were RATTLES in the car like it was a 10 year old TAXI!!!
Oh and btw I love calling merc's Taxi's coz thats what most of the cab's in europe are...
2L8uLoose is offline   Reply With Quote