Excellent & Outstanding 18 4.56%
Exceeds Your Expectation 72 18.23%
Meets Your Expectation 170 43.04%
Below Your Expectation 68 17.22%
Improvement Needed 67 16.96%
Voters: 395. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21st April 2011, 11:07   #256
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: FIAT's A.S.S, let the real owners speak.

Hi Vishnu, you can mention to Fiat that their are many disappointed Adventure fans, me being one of them who dont get the best of this beast thanks to the tyres!
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2011, 13:00   #257
Senior - BHPian

@Vishnu

Agreeing with my argument and still believing FIAT to be at fault here seems to be contradictory.

Though I have to say, upon exploring a bit, this tyre size does seem awefully rare. Upon checking Pirelli's international site, the tyre size doesnt seem to be there any more. In India it seems only a few old Qualis versions used this tyre size. But the higher Qualis versions used 195/70 size, thus the vehicle was designed with both sizes in mind.

Even Fiat themselves have shifted to bigger 205/70 R15 tyres for the next generation of the Adventure.
julupani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2011, 17:21   #258
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs down Unreasonable spares prcing by FIAT

I think last June is when Fiat decided to shoot up most of its spares by about 30to40%, till then i always felt thatFiat spares dint cost that much.

Today had to get a wheel bolt repaced and when the SA called and told me it is about 475bucks for 1, i was shocked
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2011, 20:36   #259
Senior - BHPian

Is this increase for the older models of the newer ones too??

As looking at other manufacturers the prices of FIAT spares for the Punto or the Linea dont seem too costly. As I mentioned in another thread, a total service cost of under 3K for 1.5yrs of usage on my parent's Punto 1.4GPE-pack seems to be pretty low.
julupani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2011, 15:44   #260
BHPian

I had 24x7 roadside assistance for my Palio MJD last year (offered by Tata Motors).
Now when I want to renew it, they are saying TATA Motors doesn't provide 24x7 support to Fiat vehicles now.

Checked in Fiat website and found only Linea and Punto are eligible. Can't they support a car which was launched 3 yrs back?

Come on Fiat - when are you going to learn from your mistakes?
ch.nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2011, 16:59   #261
BHPian

I registered for Fiat's service camp at the begining of April. The camp is over now, but none of Fiat's dealers or Fiat bothered to communicate an appointment.

Take a bow Fiat!
CliffHanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2011, 17:15   #262
Senior - BHPian

My parents took our Punto for the Fiat free check up camp at Mysore on the 28th & 29th of April.

There were small issues with the wipers making noise and the rear wiper was not wiping properly. All three wiper blades were changed FOC (no questions asked). I was quite surprised as usually rubber parts are not covered under warranty.

Other than that, all fluids were checked and the car was washed (not very well).

They gave us a free sports water bottle (The squeeze type) which fits into the bottle holder in between the front seats.

We are yet to get our AC Kit upgraded. The Kits are yet to come it seems, although i'm more than satisfied with the AC performance in Mysore / Bangalore climate. The AC cools very effectively at around 22 deg. itself.

All in all dad was quite happy with this service camp.
fiat_tarun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2011, 17:24   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
I registered for Fiat's service camp at the begining of April. The camp is over now, but none of Fiat's dealers or Fiat bothered to communicate an appointment.

Take a bow Fiat!
I too had registered online in Fiat website and didn't get any confirmation. But I called the dealer, booked an appointment and went there and they did the free checkup.
ch.nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2011, 08:45   #264
BHPian

FIAT A.S.S.: Serious improvement needed. I am very disappointed with the way the Tata service centers service the FIAT cars. I am in Pune, and we have only two official service centers - one is new, and nobody there has a clue about a Fiat car (Acumen). They are still better, since they are learning. The second, Pandit (both at Tilak Road, and Akurdi) are pathetic. They have absolute idiots who claim huge experience with Fiat cars, but cannot service it properly - they were not able to disassemble my Palio's front suspension assembly, citing lack of tools, and hardness of threads, and so on, while it was set correctly by a tyre shop. Secondly, they are cheats, and liars - and due to the monopoly, typically corner the customer.

I am disillusioned with the A.S.S of FIAT as done by Tata today, and unless that is improved, FIAT stands little to no chance in India, no matter how good/better/best products they introduced.
choombak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2011, 16:49   #265
BHPian

I own a Punto 1.3 MJD which is now a year old. There was a leak in the windshield wiper tank which I reported in the second servicing (on completion of one year). The service adisor said that the part is unavailable and he will call me and fix once the part is available. I did couple of followups and came to know that there was some fire incident in Fiat's warehouse and this has led to some delays.

Since it was almost two months I decided to log a complaint on Fiat's website. I logged a complaint at 11am and I received a call from the dealer at 2pm i.e within 4 hours. He explained me that the part is not available in Pune but he is getting the same from another dealer from another city via courier. The next day part arrived and was replaced in my car.

While I do understand that there was a delay and this might have been due to some genuine reason. But I really appreciate the fact that upon getting the complaint Fiat acted with speed and the dealer also went out of the way to fix the issue.

Over the past year, I haven't faced any issue during servicing. Even the cost of second servicing was reasonable at around 5000 odd rupees. Overall I'am a happy customer and happy to see that the Fiat service experience has certainly improved.

Last edited by maverickxx2006 : 15th July 2011 at 16:50.
maverickxx2006 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2011, 17:42   #266
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
After buying my Fiat Linea, I visited Concorde Motors, Dairy Circle, Bangalore, twice for small issues. Both the times, I was attended to immediately and the problem repaired within half-hour. But, I have not yet gone there for full-fledged servicing. So, I voted for 'Meets Your Expectation'.
Now, after completing three free servicing with Concorde Motors, I want to revise my voting from 'Meets Your Expectation' to 'Exceeds Your Expectation'. Since there is no provision to do so, I wish to record here that my ratings have improved from the first to the third free servicing.

I spent a measly 30 paise only per km so far for servicing my Linea! The details are here:

The first free servicing

The second free servicing

The third free servicing
J.Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2011, 23:14   #267
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Today, my Linea enjoyed royal treatment from Automobile Kapoor's India Pvt. Ltd., Amritsar.

The bad roads between Nagpur and Gwalior battered my Linea's underbelly not once, not twice, but 21 times. But, my Linea behaved perfectly alright till about 10 bottom-scraping or so. She silently withstood the shocks given by the bad roads. When the shocks became the order of the day [oops, night], she started yelling asking for my immediate attention. At idling and slow speeds, she started making sounds due to bent engine guard. She also lost one of the rear mud-flaps thanks to the battering she was subjected to.

I wanted to take her to FIAT authorised service centre at Faridabad, then at Delhi, which I couldn't do since I was very particular about reaching my destination Amritsar. Today morning, I contacted the mobile phone number of Automobile Kapoor's India Pvt. Ltd and explained the problem. The recipient of my call identified himself as Kapoor and asked me to bring my Linea right away. My Linea was there by 12 noon today.

The SA [Kulwant Singh] was a nice friendly chap. I explained the issue and also requested him to check my Linea thoroughly including topping up of all fluids as she had traveled more than 2500 km after we left our home. He invited me and my wife to the waiting lounge. We were treated with coffee twice. He took pains to see that my Linea was ready by 1:15 pm just before their lunch break. My Linea got back her usual shine thanks to the water wash, tyre polishing, vacuum-cleaning of the interiors, etc. The bent engine guard was removed and refitted after straightening. The engine oil was topped up. My only request which went unfulfilled was new rear mud-flap for my Linea as they didn't have it in their stock.

When I asked for the bill, he smilingly said, no bill sir! I drove away happily in my glittering Linea.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 13th September 2011 at 23:18.
J.Ravi is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2011, 23:19   #268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Today, my Linea enjoyed royal treatment from Automobile Kapoor's India Pvt. Ltd., Amritsar.

The bad roads between Nagpur and Gwalior battered my Linea's underbelly not once, not twice, but 21 times. But, my Linea behaved perfectly alright till about 10 bottom-scraping or so. She silently withstood the shocks given by the bad roads. When the shocks became the order of the day [oops, night], she started yelling asking for my immediate attention. At idling and slow speeds, she started making sounds due to bent engine guard. She also lost one of the rear mud-flaps thanks to the battering she was subjected to.

I wanted to take her to FIAT authorised service centre at Faridabad, then at Delhi, which I couldn't do since I was very particular about reaching my destination Amritsar. Today morning, I contacted the mobile phone number of Automobile Kapoor's India Pvt. Ltd and explained the problem. The recipient of my call identified himself as Kapoor and asked me to bring my Linea right away. My Linea was there by 12 noon today.

The SA [Kulwant Singh] was a nice friendly chap. I explained the issue and also requested him to check my Linea thoroughly including topping up of all fluids as she had traveled more than 2500 km after we left our home. He invited me and my wife to the waiting lounge. We were treated with coffee twice. He took pains to see that my Linea was ready by 1:15 pm just before their lunch break. My Linea got back her usual shine thanks to the water wash, tyre polishing, vacuum-cleaning of the interiors, etc. The bent engine guard was removed and refitted after straightening. The engine oil was topped up. My only request which went unfulfilled was new rear mud-flap for my Linea as they don't have it in their stock.

When I asked for the bill, he smilingly said, no bill sir! I drove away happily in my glittering Linea.
Ravi sir. Good to know that you have reached Amritsar as part of your Leh expedition. Again, nice to read about the treatment you got from Kapoor's India.
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2011, 00:20   #269
BHPian

For me , Fiat A.S.S definitely exceeds my expectations. All my experiences with Concorde Motors, Mysore Road have been very pleasant. I think Fiat is trying really hard to improve servicing by giving lot of importance to the Feedback that we give after each visit to the Service Center.

I mean they are so concerned about the well being of our cars. First we get a call from the dealer inquiring about the car and then get a call from Fiat Pune as well. They'll organize free camps at least twice a year on average.Which other car company in India does that ??? Also Fiat has maintained a database of all their cars in terms of their service history. All these initiatives are extremely positive and thats why Fiat A.S.S exceeds my expectations.
rohittunga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2011, 00:42   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickxx2006 View Post
...Even the cost of second servicing was reasonable at around 5000 odd rupees...
I know I am quoting a fairly old post but this line caught my attention. How much does the Punto cost for Rs. 5000 to be 'reasonable' for the second service? From what I understand it is a Rs. 5-6 lac car. Heck, I got my Rs. 6.72 lac Bolero's 40,000 km service done for less than Rs. 4k. Do all FIAT owners find this price of second service reasonable?
lucifer1881 is offline   Reply With Quote