Exceeds Your Expectation 72 18.23%
Meets Your Expectation 170 43.04%
Below Your Expectation 68 17.22%
Improvement Needed 67 16.96%
Voters: 395. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21st September 2011, 16:35   #286
h14
BHPian

Default Re: FIAT's A.S.S, let the real owners speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch.nathan View Post
Thanx. Would they ship the items to other cities?
I don't know anyone in Mumbai who can buy and bring it to Bangalore.
Yes, they ship to almost all places. For me, I get it shipped to Coimbatore and payment to be made via fund transfer to his account. Most members of PUG get their spares from Kava!
h14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2011, 16:46   #287
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by h14 View Post
You can also get them from Kava Auto (Mumbai). You can get in touch with Mr.VijaySheth @ +919833606750. They have almost all spares for all FIAT models, right from the Uno to Linea and their prices are also cheap. I get most spares from them.
An entry in the directory section would help a lot of users.
Eddy is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2011, 17:59   #288
h14
BHPian

Thanks Eddy. Just added!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai...at-spares.html
h14 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2011, 12:28   #289
BHPian

I voted for "Needs Improvement". Fortune motors Nerul have put up a note stating , free servicing in flat 4 hours. I dropped my vehicle at 10 A.M and was returned at 6 P.M .Even the vehicle was not cleaned properly from inside. Fiat badly needs to improve.

Another stuff that i noted was,
1. wheel alignment ,check and adjust : Rs 500
2. Wheel Balancing : Rs 450
These were included under Labour Invoice Amount . Service booklet mentions wheel alignment as part of free service. Has anyone been charged for the same.
Ravi Yadav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2011, 12:40   #290
h14
BHPian

Hi Ravi, I have come across certain incidents of people being charged for alignment and balancing. As per the manual, both alignment and balancing comes free and it is only the weights used for balancing that would be charged. Most service centers are charging the owners for alignment and balancing like in your case. I believe you need to put up a small fight with them to get your amount refunded.
Old 4th October 2011, 07:53   #291
BHPian

Thanks H14 , just checked the bill i was charged for the weights too. So a fight is inevitable . Can some put up a scanned copy of their bills where the alignment and balancing were not charged. This would help me in putting up my point very strongly.
Old 4th October 2011, 11:04   #292
h14
BHPian

The service records of all my FIAT's are lying safely in Coimbatore. I can get you a copy when I get there during Diwali. Hope someone else in here can get you a copy.

Remember, as per the free service terms, they can charge you only for the weights. Alignment and balancing comes free.
Old 4th October 2011, 14:22   #293
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravi Yadav View Post
Can some put up a scanned copy of their bills where the alignment and balancing were not charged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by h14 View Post
Alignment and balancing comes free.
Here is the scanned copy of the bill (Cara Mia Fiat Linea!) for my Linea's third free servicing done at Concorde Motors, Mysore Road, Bangalore. Only wheel alignment is included in the free servicing. Wheel balancing is chargeable.
J.Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2011, 14:28   #294
h14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Only wheel alignment is included in the free servicing. Wheel balancing is chargeable.
Interesting. I'm sure I was given alignment and balancing as free and was charged only for the weights used for balancing during the second free service of my Palio MJD. Anyways, will share the bill when I get to Coimbatore.
Old 4th October 2011, 17:40   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravi Yadav View Post
I voted for "Needs Improvement". Fortune motors Nerul have put up a note stating , free servicing in flat 4 hours. I dropped my vehicle at 10 A.M and was returned at 6 P.M .Even the vehicle was not cleaned properly from inside. Fiat badly needs to improve.

Another stuff that i noted was,
1. wheel alignment ,check and adjust : Rs 500
2. Wheel Balancing : Rs 450
These were included under Labour Invoice Amount . Service booklet mentions wheel alignment as part of free service. Has anyone been charged for the same.
they shouldnt charge as per the manual. they dint charge me in first servicing. need to check in 2nd though.

however they had played a game. i was roaming around in the workshop and when i came back the SA said they did the alignment and all and reports are okay. i asked them to show the printout which he dint have.

so he had no other option than to do it again in front of me
amit_mechengg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2011, 12:07   #296
BHPian

Thank's Ravi saved a copy of the bill . Lets see how things turn up at the service centre. Amit this is a common trend followed by most service centre. It's better if we get the alignment and balancing done outside.
Old 14th October 2011, 18:55   #297
Senior - BHPian

Today morning I left my GP with Pandit Auto, Akurdi to fix following issues.

1. Steering rattles when driven over rough road.
=> Fixed

2. Steering feels like disconnected at times, again over rough road.
=> Fixed

3. Gears do not engage properly. Including the reverse gear. Feel like something is stuck inside, kinda rubbery?
=> Fixed. They replaced 'clutch slave cylinder' PN: 0055237794. SA informed me that the earlier one was 'Plastic' and the new one is made up of steel.

4. Some alignment issues with the rear seat, the smaller one among 40:60. One can hear a 'thud' over a speed breaker.
=>. Looks like a design flaw. SA informed it does not have a 'lock' for the seat corner touching the base on which it is rested. Confirmed same with couple of other E-PK Punto's. Will need to check for 'thud'.

5. Paint issue on the rear door. Mine is 'Exotica Red' and now I can see a small say 2x2 inch 'pinkish' patch on the left door.
=>. I myself could not see the patch in order to show it to the SA!! Will have to wash it and park it in sunlight and check again tomorrow.

They also top-up brake fluid, front right shocks refit and set break lever. Actual cost was Rs. 2,584/-. I had to pay nothing as all work done under warranty.

I'm happy with the SA, Mr. Javed, who was ready to listen and help. My car was ready an hour before than what was committed by SA. He was with BUB earlier and joined Pandit some five months back.

This time I would vote 'Meets Your Expectation'

Last edited by HammerHead : 14th October 2011 at 18:59.
HammerHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2011, 19:36   #298
BHPian

Has anyone heard of/been to trans automobiles,faridabad/mathura road?
sukrit7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2012, 11:55   #299

Can anyone share their experience they had with the Bombay Cycle & Motor Agency at Churchgate Mumbai. I am about to reach the first service milestone for my Fiat Punto and needed some feedback before giving my car for service.
leee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2012, 13:16   #300
BHPian

Thumbs down Re: FIAT's A.S.S, let the real owners speak.

voted as "Improvement Needed"

1 ) My punto went through first service , the car was returned as it is and not even washed properly. when pointed out they duly washed it with plane water and charged 300 Rs . wasn ;t they suppose to wash it free and do polishing etc. nothing done. in nut shell i paid 300 rs for using their plane water .

2 ) There was a accidental repair done on punto . The necessary repair was done in 2 weeks , So far so good . while welding the panels , they damaged the plastic cover in Left tyre well . they acknowledged the same and promised to replace it in next service. They did replaced it in next service but with a Bill amount of 800 rs . when pointed that it was damaged by them , they guy refused to have said anything . off course he could n;t see me eye to eye .

3 ) In the above accidental repair, the RHS headlight assembly was replaced and was not aligned properly . in next service , they again charged me 300 rs for aligning it properly. wasn ;t it their fault at first place. so basically i am paying them for their fault as well. what;s the point of having warranty in that case.

4 ) There were bubbles in paint done on driver side RVM and there is a paint mis match as well . Where as they claim to have given paint touch up;s on whole car, i can still see all the scratched as it is . may be they tried to make a quick buck since everything was done in a insurance claim .

4 ) The above issues were raised with FIAT customer care in February by dad . unfortunately i was out of country at that time so could n ;t follow up. tried asking for status Y;day and to my horror they have resolved it and send a letter to my home with the action taken. the CC executive even claimed that my dad has signed the survey form as well. duly pointed them that we never received any letter and signed any feedback form ,they have again opened up the complaint now . it appears that dealer has forged signature of dad . they have requested me to wait till friday , post which i plan to escalate it to higher up ;s in FIAT .

The dealer in above case is CARGO MOTORS Jalandhar . all in all , pathetic service experience with their dreaded A S S . For me it;s more of ethical issue rather than money . while they are charging for even touching the car in service station, ( I don;t mind that as well provided , work is to my satisfaction ) i wonder what;s the point in advertising their warranty and all other stuff when i have to pay for even adjusting a mis aligned head light assembly .
.sushilkumar is offline   Reply With Quote