Excellent & Outstanding 18 4.56%
Exceeds Your Expectation 72 18.23%
Meets Your Expectation 170 43.04%
Below Your Expectation 68 17.22%
Improvement Needed 67 16.96%
Voters: 395. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10th July 2012, 11:27   #301
BHPian

Default Re: FIAT's A.S.S, let the real owners speak.

KHT Motors Whitefield, Bangalore

Recently got my car serviced there for the second time. And I can say I am more than satisfied. When I collected the car there were some water stains on the car, so when the KHT called up for feedback a few days after the service I mentioned this. I got a call from KHT service regional manager a few minutes later saying that they were ready to send a team to my residence to wash and polish the car I declined the offer since I have already given the car a wash, he has offered a free wash at any point of time now.

Yeah so far I am satisfied with FIAT A.S.S. !!
praful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2012, 11:58   #302
Senior - BHPian

ASPI motors, Ahmedabad

I got my 2nd service done with them yesterday. Cars done 25k kms but i went ahead with the 30k kms service as i have a few trips planned and didnt want any trouble during the monsoons. I called and booked the service and was given a date for 4 days later which was fine by me. Evening before the service i got a confirmation call from them and the details of the service adviser etc.

I reached there at 9:45am as asked to, and the service adviser was just finishing the job card of the Linea ahead of me. I was offered a cup of Tea while i waited and then in about 5 mins i was attended by the S.A. Mr. Mayur. He was specifically asked to look at my car as he had been taking care of it since the 1st service and technically knew my car well. I found that nice as he knows the history of my car and the issues that i had related to AC and Water jet pipe being eaten away by rat.

Since it was a routine 30k kms service and i had no other issues that needed to be rectified, my work here was done in 5-10 mins and i left from there. Since it was raining, they also offered to have a driver drop me home which is about 15 mins drive but dad had already arrived with another car so that was taken care of.

Around 12:30 i got a call from Mayur stating the car is ready and we had discussed about Brake pads which MAY needed a change but he said its OK not to go for them now and get them done after 5-7k kms.

I went to collect the car at 5:30 PM and the car was nicely washed and cleaned from Inside as well as outside. No issues or complaints.

All in All i would rate this service experience 10/10. its been 1.5 yrs and 25k kms and only once i had a small issue regarding the service where in the car has some stains on the front seat, but a complaint was registered and they came and took the car and got the entire interior shampooed and cleaned very nice and delivered the car back home. Completely free of cost. where by i had tipped the driver 100 rs for this neat job.

A little OT :

While i was taking delivery and post service TD with the SA. He told me that all senior SA from Fiat dealers across India are going to be in Pune from Monday 8/7/2012 to 18/7/2012 for their hands on mechanical & electrical training on Bravo & Panda. He also told me that since 90% of Punto / Linea EP Customers are not satisfied with the OEM music system, Fiat India has taken up this issue seriously and are considering a better speaker quality upgrade for Bravo / Panda.

I shall hopefully know more on this once i go meet him once he returns.

Regards,

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 10th July 2012 at 11:59.
h@r$h@l is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2012, 10:34   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
hands on mechanical & electrical training on Bravo & Panda.
Doe this mean that the Bravos and Pandas are expected to hit the market?
lapis_lazuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2012, 19:44   #304
Distinguished - BHPian

FIAT Group inaugurates its first exclusive workshop in Pune.

Quote:
FIAT on Friday inaugurated its first independent state-of-the-art workshop -Millennium Drive Workshop in Dapodi, Pune.

This will be FIAT's first exclusive workshop in India. The 20,000 sq ft service utility with best of equipments and human dexterity is specially designed to give a delightful servicing experience to its customer
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/16297470.cms
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2012, 22:30   #305
BHPian

Thats some great news for Pune fiatians. I have to get some work done on my car, will go there next week and give a review about the new workshop.
scofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2012, 22:37   #306
BHPian

On the day of delivery of my Punto -
1. My car wasn't washed. Those idiots started to apply polish on the dirty car without even being dusted properly.
2. Since there wasn't any fuel in the new car, one guy tried to pour in some petrol. That's when another guy pointed out the Multijet badge to that idiot. Wonder if a few drops of petrol went inside the fuel tank !
3. A guy casually passed by and for no reason switched on the wipers. As I mentioned, the car was dirty, so was the windshield. By then I had too much - I grabbed him by the collar and dragged him to the Manager, who slapped him right in my presence.
riturajsharma19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2012, 23:05   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scofield View Post
Thats some great news for Pune fiatians. I have to get some work done on my car, will go there next week and give a review about the new workshop.
Before handing your car over to them first judge how competent they are.

They have lost mercedes and them Maurti dealership, obviously for no simple reasons.

Do post your review here. I too will visit them.
amit_mechengg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2012, 23:08   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
Before handing your car over to them first judge how competent they are.

They have lost mercedes and them Maurti dealership, obviously for no simple reasons.

Do post your review here. I too will visit them.
Thanks Amit, I was also just wondering are these guys the same who took throttleking (Sagar) for a ride by handing over to him a test drive safari ?
scofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2012, 23:10   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scofield View Post
Thanks Amit, I was also just wondering are these guys the same who took throttleking (Sagar) for a ride by handing over to him a test drive safari ?
Yeah millenium motors also has TASS.
amit_mechengg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2012, 23:46   #310
BHPian

my experience with twins wheels Baroda has been consistently bad. Right from the time you walk in to
when you drive away disappointed that the issues you listed haven't been addressed the only bright lining is that they are consistent and you always know to expect the worst. The last time my Linea had.recurring issues with the clutch cylinder was two months ago. I escalated the issue to Mr Mangesh and he asked me to 'please bear with us' and that they will get back to me. Its been over two months and I am still 'bearing with them'. whatever the heck that means. The Fiat India management including Mr. Rajeev Kapoor were copied on the communications and they have conveniently chosen to go incommunicado. Fiat doesn't deserve to be in business in India until they fix their a.s.s and get some decent folks in top management.
vroomsome is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2012, 09:04   #311
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riturajsharma19 View Post
On the day of delivery of my Punto -
Did you go ahead and took the delivery, or put your foot down and asked for a new car?
I hope that was the case.
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2012, 12:53   #312
BHPian

Gave my Punto for 4th (paid) service today morning. Total estimate 10-11K. SA says this is a major servicing with all fluids and filters being changed etc. etc. + labor charges as well. Is the estimate ok ?
ironshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2012, 16:00   #313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironshark View Post
Gave my Punto for 4th (paid) service today morning. Total estimate 10-11K. SA says this is a major servicing with all fluids and filters being changed etc. etc. + labor charges as well. Is the estimate ok ?
Yes the estimate is OK - it isn't exactly cheap although. But it may shoot up if there's anything more that needs to be replaced as per SA ( eg brake pads, anything else ) etc.

I paid 13.6K for the 4th service including brake pad changes. The paid service/labor itself, excluding consumables, costs 2.5K

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomsome View Post
I escalated the issue to Mr Mangesh and he asked me to 'please bear with us' and that they will get back to me. Its been over two months and I am still 'bearing with them'. whatever the heck that means. The Fiat India management including Mr. Rajeev Kapoor were copied on the communications and they have conveniently chosen to go incommunicado. Fiat doesn't deserve to be in business in India until they fix their a.s.s and get some decent folks in top management.
Well I've found out that complaining and sending mails to FIAT is a fairly useless thing to do. You may be lucky if you receive a resolution.

Last edited by sdp1975 : 8th September 2012 at 16:05.
sdp1975 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2012, 18:55   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975

Well I've found out that complaining and sending mails to FIAT is a fairly useless thing to do. You may be lucky if you receive a resolution.
true. seems like a die hard habit with Fiat management. if I was this bad at my job, I would be fired and that's exactly what the Indian buyers are doing to Fiat going by the number of cars this company sells.
vroomsome is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2012, 21:28   #315
BHPian

Ok. Got my car after the 4th (paid) service from Pandit Auto in their new workshop at Bhosari (they have closed down the Akurdi workshop).

The total bill came upto Rs. 10,954/-. It included Rs. 895 for "Interior Car cleaning and sanitizing from bacteria", polishing etc. from a brand named "Wurth". It's a total rip off IMO. The labor charges are horrendous as well.I would have rather spent my 1000 bucks on 3M Car Care powershine package.

Overall, the car is butter smooth, now that all the lubes have been refilled. The guys have done a good job and I am satisfied with the final outcome.

Anyways, 11,000/- odd rupees for servicing is pretty high I guess. Now that I am not bound to get my car serviced from the authorised service center, am gonna find a good/skilled Fiat mechanic, get the spares myself from Service center and get the car serviced outside. I am sure it'll extremely cost effective.

Pune guys, any pointers about a good Fiat mechanic would be extremely helpful.
ironshark is offline   Reply With Quote