Excellent & Outstanding 18 4.56%
Exceeds Your Expectation 72 18.23%
Meets Your Expectation 170 43.04%
Below Your Expectation 68 17.22%
Improvement Needed 67 16.96%
Voters: 395. You may not vote on this poll

Old 8th September 2012, 22:10   #316
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: FIAT's A.S.S, let the real owners speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironshark View Post
Now that I am not bound to get my car serviced from the authorised service center, am gonna find a good/skilled Fiat mechanic, get the spares myself from Service center and get the car serviced outside. I am sure it'll extremely cost effective.
Parts are also available from Kava ( not sure if all parts are with Kava or not ) at rates lesser than A.S.S :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai...le-mumbai.html (Fiat Spare Parts - Kava Automobile (Mumbai))
sdp1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2012, 22:55   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Parts are also available from Kava ( not sure if all parts are with Kava or not ) at rates lesser than A.S.S :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai...le-mumbai.html (Fiat Spare Parts - Kava Automobile (Mumbai))
Thanks sdp1975, but am looking for leads from Pune only. Have started my research, lets see where it leads me to.
ironshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2012, 11:37   #318
BHPian

Due to high service/labor costs at TASS, using an indepedent mechanic or service shop for regular servicing has started crossing my mind since last (45K) service. However, we may need to take help from TASS to get the Service Reminder reset as I doubt any independat workshop would have the FIAT provided diagnotic computer.

All the best and do keep us posted about your experience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironshark View Post
Ok. Got my car after the 4th (paid) service from Pandit Auto in their new workshop at Bhosari (they have closed down the Akurdi workshop).

The total bill came upto Rs. 10,954/-. It included Rs. 895 for "Interior Car cleaning and sanitizing from bacteria", polishing etc. from a brand named "Wurth". It's a total rip off IMO. The labor charges are horrendous as well.I would have rather spent my 1000 bucks on 3M Car Care powershine package.

Overall, the car is butter smooth, now that all the lubes have been refilled. The guys have done a good job and I am satisfied with the final outcome.

Anyways, 11,000/- odd rupees for servicing is pretty high I guess. Now that I am not bound to get my car serviced from the authorised service center, am gonna find a good/skilled Fiat mechanic, get the spares myself from Service center and get the car serviced outside. I am sure it'll extremely cost effective.

Pune guys, any pointers about a good Fiat mechanic would be extremely helpful.
Autocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2012, 08:38   #319
BHPian

Guys, a querry:
I had some minor niggles in my Linea when I had her serviced from Hyson motors, Thrissur, last December. Most of them were fixed, but they did some temporary fixes with two issues - broken plastic wheel arch in the front left side, and the mirror in the right side sun visor keeps falling off owing to broken clips. But they've recurred. I'll be giving my car for its third service (30,000 kms) next month. The car will be two years old only in January next.
I want parts replacement for these two, but am confused whether warranty will cover these as they're plastic. Are these covered in the two-year warranty?
If not, can I still ask for free replacement as I had reported the issue within one year of buying the car? (I don't know if Hyson Motors will own up, as I've not found them to be the best when it comes to customer service).
one-77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2013, 13:27   #320
BHPian

Time to post my Second service experience with newly appointed FASS .

Service Center : -Cargo motors Jalandhar .

Problems : - Both Front tyres gone bald. Steering wobble above speed of 80. suspect camber issue as car has seen alignment thrice in 16K Km's & tyres were going bald on edges only.

Resolution : Second service done immediately as manual .As per SA Alignment done and issue is resolved . I insist that this is not a Alignment problem and they must look deeper & even provided them clues. They refused to look into same. Insist that every punto has this problem. I has to return 200 Km's back to my home with no problem resolved. next day got a call for feedback,I promptly blasted the person asking for feedback. Still nothing happened,After 3 days I called up their customer care to complaint. listened to music twice for 18 minutes each and nobody cared . Got lucky third time,Again wait for 2 days and nothing happened .At this i lost my cool and send a strongly worded email to customer care with CC to All mails id ,i could gather from forums. Finally they called me up & requested to visit FASS again 200 km's away. They kept the car with them for 2 days.( Did overnight stay with my relative).They stripped every possible nut and bolt from both front side of car including suspension setup, replaced it parts from a newly available car Only to hit another problem of car pulling to left side .At the end of second day, when they have exhausted all their hits and trials, they took my car to a local alignment and camber expert who fixed the car in 2 hours straight. I paid 250 Rs to this outside workshop. they didn;t even made a entry in their system of car having gone through so much stripping . they again refused to make a entry in same and boasted about their good will of not asking me for any labor charges .

Diagnosis & blame : Per se CC manager,issue happened due to shunt which happened some One year back while Car was standing in parking. They were clever enough to print the bill of that time as proof. I duly pointed that shunt happened on front passenger side and they have diagnosed it to be on Driver side. How come this is possible. Moreover,why it was not fixed at the last time as they have done that repair & each and every service when we told them of problems earlier, No answers from them other than staring at roof.

Till Date nobody has called for feedback yet from FIAT pune . Only time will tell if i will buy a FIAT again or not. I am already thinking of trading punto for Ertiga .

My Verdict : - Highly dissatisfied with new FASS Setup . this time also, only time will tell if they have really fixed the issue or not. i see little improvement in their fortunes with such FASS.

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 9th June 2013 at 13:30.
.sushilkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2013, 14:03   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Time to post my Second service experience with newly appointed FASS .

Service Center : -Cargo motors Jalandhar .

Problems : - Both Front tyres gone bald. Steering wobble above speed of 80. suspect camber issue as car has seen alignment thrice in 16K Km's & tyres were going bald on edges only.

Resolution : Second service done immediately as manual .As per SA Alignment done and issue is resolved . I insist that this is not a Alignment problem and they must look deeper & even provided them clues. They refused to look into same. Insist that every punto has this problem. I has to return 200 Km's back to my home with no problem resolved. next day got a call for feedback,I promptly blasted the person asking for feedback. Still nothing happened,After 3 days I called up their customer care to complaint. listened to music twice for 18 minutes each and nobody cared . Got lucky third time,Again wait for 2 days and nothing happened .At this i lost my cool and send a strongly worded email to customer care with CC to All mails id ,i could gather from forums. Finally they called me up & requested to visit FASS again 200 km's away. They kept the car with them for 2 days.( Did overnight stay with my relative).They stripped every possible nut and bolt from both front side of car including suspension setup, replaced it parts from a newly available car Only to hit another problem of car pulling to left side .At the end of second day, when they have exhausted all their hits and trials, they took my car to a local alignment and camber expert who fixed the car in 2 hours straight. I paid 250 Rs to this outside workshop. they didn;t even made a entry in their system of car having gone through so much stripping . they again refused to make a entry in same and boasted about their good will of not asking me for any labor charges .

Diagnosis & blame : Per se CC manager,issue happened due to shunt which happened some One year back while Car was standing in parking. They were clever enough to print the bill of that time as proof. I duly pointed that shunt happened on front passenger side and they have diagnosed it to be on Driver side. How come this is possible. Moreover,why it was not fixed at the last time as they have done that repair & each and every service when we told them of problems earlier, No answers from them other than staring at roof.

Till Date nobody has called for feedback yet from FIAT pune . Only time will tell if i will buy a FIAT again or not. I am already thinking of trading punto for Ertiga .

My Verdict : - Highly dissatisfied with new FASS Setup . this time also, only time will tell if they have really fixed the issue or not. i see little improvement in their fortunes with such FASS.
old habits die hard. I had the misfortune of having to deal with incompetent TASS and FIat India executives made false promises of resolution. After a year of Mr. Mangesh asking me to bear with them while they resolve the quality and service issues with my car, they conveniently ignore my plight. Well if fiat india is listening, your high handed attitude just cost you two fiat lineas that I discouraged my friends from buying. With a volume of under 200 lineas a month, thats a 1% loss of business this month. Treat your existing customers like crap and you wont be getting any new ones soon.
vroomsome is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2013, 14:25   #322
BHPian

New FIAT ASS is only for Linea and Punto...unfortunate palio/advy owners have to find and rely on local mechanics.

I have denied servicing of my palio twice by Pundit Auto.Once they have accepted when I scalated to Mr Mangesh. But they could not do anything but changing the oil and washing (after keeping the car of 5days).
mchanna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2013, 22:56   #323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchanna View Post
New FIAT ASS is only for Linea and Punto...unfortunate palio/advy owners have to find and rely on local mechanics.
It depends more on the dealer/SC, if the SC have Fiat technicians experienced in older models (Palio, Petra) they do service these cars.
For example: In Bangalore, new Fiat dealer Vecto Motors (taken most of the staff from erstwhile Tata-Fiat dealer Prerna motors) are servicing Palio, Petra. Though I have heard lately they are overloaded with cars for service.

However, the best option to service older models is to find a garage having a technician experienced in Fiat cars. They will do a good & faster job compared to a Fiat SC.
finneyp is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2013, 23:11   #324
BHPian

My experience has been extremely negative so far. Reasons below -
1. I have been experiencing startup issues from the past six months and the TASS has no clue what's wrong. They conveniently blame it on fuel quality. The car has become extremely unreliable to take on longer drives now. Escalating to Fiat is of no use as they only refer the matter back to the TASS.
2. Simple and regularly needed spares take months to source. I am sick and tired of hearing the words "out of stock".
3. The service station will stop attending to Fiat vehicles w.e.f September 2012 and even to address minor niggles, I shall have to drive 300kms+ to the next nearest A.S.S.
riturajsharma19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2013, 07:18   #325
Senior - BHPian

My positive and negative experiences with KHT Motors, Bangalore.

2 weeks ago, I asked KHT to fix the problem with RPM fluctuations (mentioned in Technical Stuff -> Palio MJD problems). Instead of checking the engine, they removed instrument cluster to check. Now my instrument cluster is not working fine. And I have to wait till their Fiat-only showroom to be ready on 24th June to get the problem fixed.

So I didn't trust my instrument cluster when low fuel warning came up on Saturday. Yesterday I ran out of fuel in Whitefield (thanks to a good Samaritan BHPian called Vinay, I was able to move the car to the road side). I was sure that I had enough diesel for another 200 km.

So I called up KHT. They came, checked every possible part of the car and finally said they'll get diesel and see if it works. And it did. They refused to charge for anything except the cost of diesel. Later it struck me that the trip meter was reset when they opened the instrument cluster.

I am happy that they did not charge me for my stupidity. I am glad about their quick response and commitment to fix my car. And unsatisfied with their lack of techical skills.
rohanjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2013, 11:28   #326
BHPian

One outlet which has always given me good service is Oberoi Motors, Noida Sec 63. Owning a FIAT means small small problems cropping out of no where. I have been to Oberoi sec 63, at least 7-8 times for these small issues like door lock not working, window rattle, seat rattle, all silly niggles. Each time, I am greeted with exemplary courtesy by Mr.Gopalan himself. I have been to the shop floor at odd hours, and I can responsibly say, he is ON the floor and not relaxing in his AC cabin. He personally looks into the problem and advises the technician / SA whatever. This cannot be an acting, every time. Now, I have had to return for the same issue may be twice or thrice, but then, each time they have been very receptive and the problem was finally solved. The latest incident was yesterday. My car battery was leaking acid and this was attended to about a month back. But the residual acid spillover corroded the metal fixture under the abs battery tray. I took it to them and Mr.Gopalan suggested I get it painted. Luckily I had a compaint can and 160 emery with me. I told him so, and he asked a staff to emery the whole area and spray two coats of the com-paint. It is a slightly different shade of blue but at least, the protection is now provided. He also asked the technician to replace all the 3 bolts with new ones. Done in half an hour, not a penny charged, and when I was about to leave, he came back again to inspect and ask me if the work was satisfactory. I replied in affirmative and left. Keep it up Mr.Gopalan!

Last edited by lapis_lazuli : 23rd June 2013 at 11:32.
lapis_lazuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2013, 12:30   #327
Senior - BHPian

I am not sure if many are aware that Fiat is conducting a free check up camp today, tomorrow and Sunday (12th to 14 July).

Fiat is offering 60 free checks, free topping up of some fluids and free body wash. They are also offering 10% discount on spares and 20% on labour charges on issues found during this check up.

I took my Palio MJD to the new KHT Fiat service centre in Bangalore (near Prestige Shantiniketan). Even with a car coming in every 2 minutes, the service personnel were doing a great job. The service area is small, and the area available for parking is also congested. So they have to move the cars in and out quickly. You can stand next to your car when the checks are done.

I already knew that I need to replace the stock suspension underarms (almost 90k KMs old). The same was suggested by them. So I hope to save a substantial amount when I finally give the car for the job, either next week or the week after that. These spares were not available last year around the same time, but are available now.
rohanjf is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2013, 15:09   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocop View Post
Due to high service/labor costs at TASS, using an indepedent mechanic or service shop for regular servicing has started crossing my mind since last (45K) service. However, we may need to take help from TASS to get the Service Reminder reset as I doubt any independat workshop would have the FIAT provided diagnotic computer.

All the best and do keep us posted about your experience!
I would rather pay more couple of thousands and have a peace of mind by sticking to TASS. At least with TASS you can claim some rights with the company if something goes wrong. I am saying this after having bitter experiences at over-rated Gowri automobiles (venkatesh) to get my Palio serviced. Had to pay another 13k at KHT to get everything fixed and the car was fit as new with all genuine spares.

With Fiat I think its better not to take any chances especially with highly advanced engines like M-Jet and T-Jet.

Last edited by Speed Pujari : 12th July 2013 at 15:11.
Speed Pujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2013, 00:43   #329
Senior - BHPian

Fiat has dropped the labor costs by atleast 30%, oil change 120 rs. its cheaper than local mechanic now
amit_mechengg is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2013, 08:25   #330
Awaiting Email Confirmation

This poll was started in December 2009, when FIAT had tie-up with Tata Motors for sales and service. I voted for Meets Your Expectation as I gave excellent rating to Concorde Motors, Mysore Road/Dairy Circle, Bangalore, as my Linea had undergone five services there [3 free services and 2 paid ones].

I feel the poll results do not truly reflect the quality ratings of the newly-established FIAT exclusive ASS now. Tata Motors kept their servicing costs at affordable low level due to high volumes in sales and service [FIAT+Tata cars]. But, the newly-established FIAT dealerships are handicapped due to very less volumes in sales, thereby, less profit in sales of FIAT cars. The only way to break-even the operational costs of their dealership and to ensure return on their investment is to jack up the servicing costs to maintain the cash-flow. I find that now FIAT ASS are charging the customers for on-board diagnosis scanning [~Name:  rupeesymbol.gif
Views: 560
Size:  578 Bytes750], consumables [~Name:  rupeesymbol.gif
Size:  578 Bytes135], windscreen cleaning fluid [~Name:  rupeesymbol.gif
Size:  578 Bytes100], etc., which Concorde Motors, Bangalore, did not charge me even for the 2 paid services.

My Linea will be going for the sixth paid service to Ramkay FIAT, Chennai, on 17 July 2013 for the scheduled replacement of all the belts, oils and fluids. I will report here my experience after completion of the servicing.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 15th July 2013 at 08:34.
J.Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote