Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships


View Poll Results: FIAT A.S.S, let the real owners speak
Excellent & Outstanding 18 4.56%
Exceeds Your Expectation 72 18.23%
Meets Your Expectation 170 43.04%
Below Your Expectation 68 17.22%
Improvement Needed 67 16.96%
Voters: 395. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2010, 10:26   #106
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: |
Posts: 582
Thanked: 215 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
Dude !! Your post has got nothing to do with the quality of Fiat's A.S.S.

Fiat already has its own Central Locking System on offer as an accessory. Check this : Fiat India

About fog lamps : he should not be driving in the fog if his car does not have fog lamps. If he faces an accident : only he is to be blamed. Not the car, nor the A.S.S.

I am glad "every trick in the book" did not work with the dealer. That just goes to show the dealership is not ready to break the rules laid down by the manufacturer. I would rate the dealer highly on this.

And I am pretty sure nobody is going to give you the email id's of Fiat's top personnel for this issue (In fact, an issue does not exist at all !!)
Amol,
I guess i have been quoted wrongly . Since Central locking is available as acessory and my friend wish to have it installed from dealer only ( to save car's warranty), do u think dealer should refuse to do it saying it's not available from Manufacturer ( your link clearly shows it availble )

Issue is he is refusing the installation , saying it's not available in market ( again a Lie ) and not even acknowledging it's presence in market, Since Car delivery has already happened 1 months Back this constitutes A.S.S in my opinion. Do you think , he would have done same prior to payment & Delivery?

Same hold good for FOG Lamps As well. Nobody likes to drive in Fog , but some time one has to , for such situation , he is requesting the dealer to install Fog Lamps .Offcourse he is responsible for all the mishaps here , but again dealer cannot refuse the installation and hold him to ransom, just because he is in warranty .

As for Emails of higher Up's goes, I know how to get them . World is a small Place IMO , Nobody is unreachable here, not even US president & leave along FIAT's Higher up , just see the post above this , it carries phone no's of mangesh ...or may be i will just dig up a bit on google

Thanks for your Inputs anyways . I know how to bring the dealer on to book and yes ,dealer is not right here, since i know what i am asking for and what dealer is telling me .. may be it was a mistake that i put it here on forum .

One more thing , I am not a FIAT basher , Myself will be booking a Punto In comming August, and my friend bought Punto on my advise, seeing my love for FIAT , So i feel like responsible for his plight .
.sushilkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2010, 11:05   #107
BHPian
 
amoghchaphalkar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 554
Thanked: 248 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post

Issue is he is refusing the installation , saying it's not available in market
I am quoting your original post

Quote:
they are neither allowing him to install central Locking nor FOG lamps,from outside saying this Voids warranty .
You said "from outside" . On that front the dealer is correct.

Now as far as Fiat' genuine accessories list is concerned : just ask your friend to take the part number of the central locking listed on Fiat's website and go to the dealer.

Fog lamps : it is not a Fiat genuine accessory. So he won't be able to fix it (unless he wants to void the warranty)

And I reiterate : Warranty guidelines are laid down by the manufacturer. Not the dealer or the service station. You can complain to Fiat about "Fiat Genuine Fog Lamps" not available. But you cannot complain about the dealer not allowing you to install third party fog lamps.

I don't understand the need for using terms like "holding to ransom" etc.
amoghchaphalkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2010, 11:15   #108
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: |
Posts: 582
Thanked: 215 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
I am quoting your original post

That's why i said , "i have been quoted wrongly"

You said "from outside" . On that front the dealer is correct.

Now as far as Fiat' genuine accessories list is concerned : just ask your friend to take the part number of the central locking listed on Fiat's website and go to the dealer.

This Is what he is doing since delivery , and dealer refusing to acknowledge the presence of accessory , installation is after that Only , i guess .

Fog lamps : it is not a Fiat genuine accessory. So he won't be able to fix it (unless he wants to void the warranty)

I agree, but i have seen people on forum having installed external accessories keeping their warranty intact . Is there any way he can get it done , keeping his warranty Intact. Like Getting it from outside with out fiddling with exisiting Electricals .
And I reiterate : Warranty guidelines are laid down by the manufacturer. Not the dealer or the service station. You can complain to Fiat about "Fiat Genuine Fog Lamps" not available. But you cannot complain about the dealer not allowing you to install third party fog lamps.

I don't understand the need for using terms like "holding to ransom" etc.

I agree on above , Apologies for using Above words , but this is what dealer is doing , now not even picking up the phone, and this includes GM as well . Has he clarified everything first hand , thing's would have easier.
Pls see In Bold . I will again speak to Dealer, today and let us see how it goes..
.sushilkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2010, 12:48   #109
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 143
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Amol,
I guess i have been quoted wrongly . Since Central locking is available as acessory and my friend wish to have it installed from dealer only ( to save car's warranty), do u think dealer should refuse to do it saying it's not available from Manufacturer ( your link clearly shows it availble )

Issue is he is refusing the installation , saying it's not available in market ( again a Lie ) and not even acknowledging it's presence in market, Since Car delivery has already happened 1 months Back this constitutes A.S.S in my opinion. Do you think , he would have done same prior to payment & Delivery?
I see your point. But why don't you/he check with other dealer(s)? I see no reason why your friend is after only that dealer. Like Amol mentioned, just take the part number from fiat website and ask dealer to check. He may be unable to arrange the part but can't say its not available.


Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Same hold good for FOG Lamps As well. Nobody likes to drive in Fog , but some time one has to , for such situation , he is requesting the dealer to install Fog Lamps .Offcourse he is responsible for all the mishaps here , but again dealer cannot refuse the installation and hold him to ransom, just because he is in warranty .
'Holding him ransom' - very strong wording here. All the dealer is telling the 'Truth' based on guidelines from manufacturer (FIAT). He is making your friend aware about the facts and thus helping him out. Like you mentioned, since FOG lamps are matter of life or death for your friend - he is free to ignore the facts given be manufacturer and void the warranty. after all his Life is more precious than Car's warranty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post

As for Emails of higher Up's goes, I know how to get them . World is a small Place IMO , Nobody is unreachable here, not even US president & leave along FIAT's Higher up , just see the post above this , it carries phone no's of mangesh ...or may be i will just dig up a bit on google
Interesting thing you said here. and you may be right that nobody is unreachable. and you have written to Fiat CEO means that you have reachability to him. Now you can't compel him (or to US president for that matter) to respond. and why go to google - just try searching on this forum itself and you will get all contact details of higher FIAT officials. But the point is how strong is your case for them to respond back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Thanks for your Inputs anyways . I know how to bring the dealer on to book and yes ,dealer is not right here, since i know what i am asking for and what dealer is telling me .. may be it was a mistake that i put it here on forum .
Like I said earlier. I may not be able to visualize the correct scene from your post. you may be right and I wish all the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
One more thing , I am not a FIAT basher , Myself will be booking a Punto In comming August, and my friend bought Punto on my advise, seeing my love for FIAT , So i feel like responsible for his plight .
Sounds good. Welcome to the club!
kanwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2010, 13:59   #110
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: |
Posts: 582
Thanked: 215 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanwal View Post
'Holding him ransom' - very strong wording here. All the dealer is telling the 'Truth' based on guidelines from manufacturer (FIAT). He is making your friend aware about the facts and thus helping him out. Like you mentioned, since FOG lamps are matter of life or death for your friend - he is free to ignore the facts given be manufacturer and void the warranty. after all his Life is more precious than Car's warranty!
Apologies for using Strong words, I was very Upset with what dealer was telling and the way he is behaving . He initially refused the existance of Central locking , when confronted with part no, he said this voids warranty . i feel like pulling him to road and drag for good 100KMS ,

How can the warranty voids , If i am getting a accessory, endorsed by FIAt , getting fiited by FIAT them selves ??

Moreover the noida dealer is also singing the same tune .Have requested him to try at samyak gurgaon, i have seen some good review of them on forum . hopefully , he will be able to get it done this time .

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanwal View Post
Interesting thing you said here. and you may be right that nobody is unreachable. and you have written to Fiat CEO means that you have reachability to him. Now you can't compel him (or to US president for that matter) to respond. and why go to google - just try searching on this forum itself and you will get all contact details of higher FIAT officials. But the point is how strong is your case for them to respond back?
Unfortunately ,he has written twice to CEO Corner, nobody bothers to revert back , Moreover the Mails send to other's have bounced, they might have changed their Id's . from a customer perspective , I think if i am spending 5 Lakhs on a CAR and not getting services , they deserve to be pulled Down. For me , there is a deficiency in service, hardly matters if service is related to a to a Nut or Engine Problem . a Problem is a Problem .

I agree with your opinion on Fog lamps ,although i think he is just washing his hands by giving us a Warranty gyan .


My question to Gurus is, is there any way i can get them installed , without Voiding the warranty . there Must be some way?

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 11th February 2010 at 14:04.
.sushilkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2010, 14:13   #111
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Swindon, UK
Posts: 696
Thanked: 84 Times
Default

I didn't vote as I'm not yet a Fiat owner. Just visited as I was thinking of a Linea or Fiesta. Going by the results, more than 70% are quite happy with the service. And I thought it was really bad. Good to know this as the Linea is an awesome car. Any idea if a similar thread for Ford A.S.S. exists? Couldn't find any.
Live To Jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2010, 14:16   #112
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NOIDA
Posts: 201
Thanked: 30 Times
Default

PM Me your number,

If the case is geniun I would get that fixed whatever can be possible from thier end.

Thanks
anupam00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2010, 14:25   #113
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 682
Thanked: 57 Times
Default

From the discussion below, how does installing fog lamps from outside the showroom void warranty? These are add ons, so you mean to say all the folks who have these powerful 'Hella' lamps on their rides are sacrificing warranty?
rjalihal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2010, 14:38   #114
Senior - BHPian
 
finneyp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,619
Thanked: 160 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjalihal View Post
From the discussion below, how does installing fog lamps from outside the showroom void warranty? These are add ons, so you mean to say all the folks who have these powerful 'Hella' lamps on their rides are sacrificing warranty?
If you read the conditions listed on the Warranty page, it clearly says Warranty will be void if you fit any after-market accessories!

This holds good for all car brands!

However, most of us take the risk by getting accessiories fitted outside during Warranty period.

Last edited by finneyp : 11th February 2010 at 14:40.
finneyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2010, 14:45   #115
Senior - BHPian
 
clevermax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tvm/Amsterdam
Posts: 1,601
Thanked: 404 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
Congrats clevermax for the issue getting fixed . Did you car need CSC replacement by the way?
Thanks, I am still not sure about the CSC replacement is needed or not. But since the clutch has no issues so far, I decided to follow the 'never touch a running system' strategy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrishiz View Post
I own a Wagon-R and I own a Punto.
Well. What do I vote for?
[i]Exceeds Your Expectation
I had raised complaints for both the cars respectively
and guess who responded the first and best? TATA-FIAT off-course!
Concorde Motors, Kochi, are doing a decent job and when people ask me about
the A.S.Service of FIAT I smile, I say better than Maruti, I say. [Okay, may be little overdoing of flattery here]
This may be a fact but you are not supposed to say this here, many folks here think that Maruti A.S.S is the benchmark to which others should be compared to know how inferior each one is compared to Maruti, and what have you wrote!

Concorde in Cochin is doing a good job as it is heard from several customers.

Last edited by clevermax : 11th February 2010 at 14:50.
clevermax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2010, 18:02   #116
BHPian
 
anonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NCR
Posts: 564
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Thanks to the person who opened this thread. Its really bringing the true picture of FIAT A.S.S. and I sure if we were to see the same Poll for other companies, the result would be almost identical because there is no company in the Auto world which may have 100% Satisfied customers.
anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2010, 17:11   #117
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: |
Posts: 582
Thanked: 215 Times
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupam00 View Post
PM Me your number,

If the case is geniun I would get that fixed whatever can be possible from thier end.

Thanks
Hi Anupam

Thanks for the concern shown . As for as Central locking goes, i think FIAT is in short supply in pune and is not available with any dealer, ( spoke to Urmila in GZB )so , nothing can be done . For Fog Lamps Has a word with a nice lady in Urmila motors and she is getting it installed within showroom itself for my friend. They have all accessories available except for Central Locking and Gear lock. Most imp thing, is she was honest with me on phone ..that;s what i like about urmila motors in addition to good reviews from Sidindica.

Incase, i still face issues will PM you my details.

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 15th February 2010 at 17:13.
.sushilkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2010, 19:53   #118
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: -
Posts: 4,705
Thanked: 3,845 Times
Default

I saw that its the punto active. The central locking is compatible with both punto active and dynamic models.

And the dealer is urmil motors, not urmila motors.

Last edited by sidindica : 15th February 2010 at 19:57.
sidindica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2010, 19:56   #119
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: |
Posts: 582
Thanked: 215 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
sushil, which punto you have? active or dynamic?

And the dealer is urmil motors, not urmila motors.
HI Sid

It's a Active model , Apologies for not putting in additional "A" .
Car was purchased Via RAMA in delhi.
.sushilkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2010, 20:09   #120
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: -
Posts: 4,705
Thanked: 3,845 Times
Default

Just had a talk with my friend at urmil.

In Dynamic models, it will work perfectly.

In Active, the technician tells that some models may not have the so called actuator which controls the remote locking/ unlocking of doors. If the active model is equipped with an actuator, it will work perfectly on active. Even I was baffled as how can a car even work without an actuator.
He said that it is separate in that model.

Give me details like date of manufacturing and if it is a 1.2 petrol or 1.3 diesel.

I will post an update tomorrow.

Last edited by sidindica : 15th February 2010 at 20:10.
sidindica is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
If cars could speak ZMG Shifting gears 0 11th March 2016 21:04
Why India fails in innovation? Anand Mahindra & Chanda Kochhar speak anjan_c2007 Shifting gears 4 21st August 2014 02:12
AMBY lovers - speak out ! ssl2uv108 Sedans 1 10th August 2006 22:20


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:03.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks