Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 30th August 2005, 14:55   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
just waiting for the free services to be done by them,and thats it no more r.n.s. for the rest of my life...
Why do you want to go back to them for free services? You can go to any Maruti dealer and they will honour the free service coupons.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2005, 16:18   #17
BHPian

Mclaren s**t happens in life....u were quite unlucky i guess...
But such a scenario could have happened anywhere else too.
Conan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2005, 16:20   #18
BHPian

Default Kikem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
Why do you want to go back to them for free services? You can go to any Maruti dealer and they will honour the free service coupons.
I agree with Samurai and Satan Crazy (re the Consumer Courts).
DO NOT go back to this particular ASS agency at all.

Also, try posting a complaint here
http://www.core.nic.in/

alongwith a mail to the editors of the leading Auto Mags. Also, on AWAAZ channel there is a Consumer Complaints programme - try obtain the info to contact them.

Do not apre this RNS agency, scr*w them well.

Cheers
Xsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2005, 16:22   #19
Senior - BHPian

This incident is shocking. Please try teaching RNS guys a lesson thro' consumer court.
deepakhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2005, 17:11   #20
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

well thanks guys u all are certainly giving me the josh to whack the s##t out of those guys..will show my dad this thread today and speak to him regarding suing them..had decided to forget the issue and get along with it,then remembered sahils incident so decided to post mine too..man sahil if ur reading this thread i know how it feels and guess what no one can advise me to go in for a MB(no not a mercedes benz,and yup ur guess is right)!!!
well personally i didnt want to go back to them for the free services either but dads not allowing me to get it serviced from my uncles garage or any other showroom for that matter..well he has a good ploy too..everytime i go for a service i make sure i keep reminding them how they duped me in front of all their other customers adding salt to the wound..i just keep going there just to remind them that i still think them to be cheats and will remain forever(im not the 1st one to give such a complaint remember guys 15 other cars,well that just sums it all)...
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2005, 19:04   #21
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mac,

You have been through a lot, and such experiences can take all the sweetness out of the special new car feeling. It is absolutely evident that they have tried to botch up an accident job. I dont know if you are aware, but I went through a similar situation with Ichibaan Honda and my Vtec (Ichibaan HONDA tried to DUPE me!!!).

Cry out loud - Get in touch with magazines (especially the help desk at Autocar ) and ICRPC

Let me know if I can help in any way (Have two successful experiences in the last one year)

GTO
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2005, 19:41   #22
Senior - BHPian

*** McLaren, Make sure you write to MUL and follow it up actively. *** Tell Maruti folks (not the dealer, since you seem to have already done it) that, you are going to publish this to Auto magazines and drag MUL to consumer court alongwith the dealer. I am sure, the outcome will be lot different.
RX135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2005, 21:55   #23
BANNED

well i did complain to the MUL people..their person it seems came and inspected the car,though i had told them to inform me when he comes these people didnt bother to tell me.. more over they told they would keep the car for inspection for 2 days at the showroom itself but even after 15 days they didnt bother to call me or tell me the details of my car..imagine bought a new car,used it for 3 days and was parked at their place for 15 days..their inspection manager came and went but i wasnt informed..but all that they said was that the MUL guy also said it was the customers fault,that i had banged the car somewhere..insane!!!by then only i was totally fed up with their so called ASS,so just asked them to return my keys and drove off from there..
well did i mention that my boot adjustment was not proper either,the gap was more on the left hand side and no gap at all on the right..well they banged the dicky did what not and brought it back to proper shape..if i had not noticed that i would have screwed my speakers as rain water could have poured inside like water being poured from a mug..
Old 31st August 2005, 00:09   #24
BHPian

mclaren1885, you are saying Mandovi is good. They are useless too. I had some screeching noise in my Alto and the mechanics tell me this is a normal noise. I don't see how a screeching gear noise can be normal. I just got fed up and left it as it is. Bloody ba#$#%*&.
Vivekphadnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2005, 00:23   #25
BANNED

looking by the response of the fellow members all that i would conclude is "are there any dealers in our country who do their work honestly,to whom transparency has a lot of value,to whom customers are like a part of their own family,be it maruti,toyota,honda or mbil"..
at this rate i supppose each one of us will have to start our own garages where we can take good care of our cars,going by the looks of it there seems to be absolutely no one who can be trusted..
hope the law was as customer friendly as in the states or european nations,only then maybe these useless people can be thought a lesson..
Old 31st August 2005, 00:40   #26
Senior - BHPian

McLaren, why dont you continue follow up with MUL folks? If they did inspect, why were you not informed? I think, you should put you foot down and fight for it. May be they are not taking a 21 year old that seriously. Ask your Dad's help in this. Stress on that point that salesman asked you not to turn on a/c till run-in is completed. Tell Maruti folks that if they do not resolve it, you are ready to take it up in MUL hierarchy. Sometimes, it is matter of who blinks first.

Edit note: I did suggest earlier of going to consumer court, but when I think over it again, it is not going to be of much use other than a threat. There is not much evidence, except your good words, which can prove that the car was faulty "before delivery".

Last edited by RX135 : 31st August 2005 at 00:43.
RX135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2005, 00:58   #27
BANNED

ya guys just showed my dad this thread and he was pretty much amused seeing the care that each one of us have for the other and also for our cars..well asked him to take up the matter seriously..so lets wait and see what happens..
well ya i suppose they took advantage that i was just 21yrs old..well about the MUL guy dont have a clue about his inspection or his report..finally had to believe what the manager told us,as we had no other go..tried all possible dhamkis,but they are so ignorant that they know nothing will happen to them or their reputation..well they are hardly mistaken..its just that we didnt want to drag this issue any further,were really fed up so just brought the car home..well its been almost 3 months now since this has happened,had even forgotten about it but sahil's incident brought back bitter memories,so posted this thread to give awareness to other members of this forum who deal with them..
Old 31st August 2005, 09:34   #28
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Edit note: I did suggest earlier of going to consumer court, but when I think over it again, it is not going to be of much use other than a threat. There is not much evidence, except your good words, which can prove that the car was faulty "before delivery".
Good point RX. Just the fact that he has been driving around and realised this late has weakened the case. The dealer can simply claim that the car was damaged after delivery.

Fellow Members - Please check your car thoroughly before delivery. I only wish you had switched on the air-con at delivery.

GTO
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2005, 13:41   #29
SMG
BHPian

I have already posted a very detailed pre-delivery inspection check list on this forum. That includes testing AC/Heater/Cigarrette lighter etc. It says : Anything than opens/closes, moves,rotates check it , don't trust the dealer, take your own time, carry a list and test and verify each and every thing . Take a trusted car mechanic with you while taking delivery (He may charge for this service but it could save a ton in future). It is always better to have somebody who is not emotionally attached to your car / car buying.

I also suggested to carry a camera, a picture can serve as a proof accepted in the courts.

It is also a good idea to keep a cheap camera (disposable type) in glove compartment all the time, in case of accident , a picture may help during any insurance claims.
SMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2005, 19:08   #30
BANNED

thanks SMG..have read that post of urs and even have saved it onto my comp for further reference..will surely carry out each and every one of those tests the next time im into a showroom to buy a car having learnt it the hard way round..