Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 15th September 2005, 18:02   #61
Senior - BHPian

That is really good news mclaren1885. This forum really has it's uses. I am very glad you have had a pleasnat outcome. Now you can look forward to enjoying your car.
typeOnegative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2005, 23:34   #62
BHPian

hey awesome news mclaren! good for u

s
satan_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2005, 23:56   #63
Senior - BHPian

hey great news mclaren really happy for you and your car.the same thing should have happened long ago but now since it finally has its great !!

Rev
revtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2005, 00:19   #64
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

thanks guys but a major portion of the good news is due to our own tbhpian haque..he was the one who showed the printouts of this thread to one of the salesmen at rns and he reported this to his superiors..this happened on monday morning and i got a call the same day evening..just goes to show what a good manager can do to a companies reputation.the old GM couldnt take any decision on his own and was always saying yes to what the works manager told him,this new guy went against the works managers word and asked to execute the repairs on my car..
once again i thank all the bhpians to all the support u have given,wouldnt have been possible if it wasnt for ur harsh msgs posted on this thread that made the dealers take serious attention to this issue,to the GM who was kind enough to do justice to me and more over to haque due to whom this has been possible..so thank u all..
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2005, 00:54   #65
Senior - BHPian

Mclaren, damn good to know you're in the clear now! Bad enough they screwed up, and then they pretty much insinuated that it was your fault. Congrats on the victory.

Haque, no words man...you da man!

I had the pleasure of speaking to Mr Patil myself, and he sure didn't act like he was the boss around there. Very quiet and pleasant. Hmmmm... I wonder why RNS has a new GM...
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2005, 20:22   #66
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
i had the pleasure of speaking to Mr Patil myself, and he sure didn't act like he was the boss around there. Very quiet and pleasant. Hmmmm... I wonder why RNS has a new GM...
couldnt have said it better akshay..he is a very sober guy and surely didnt act like he was the boss around there..and whats more when i went to meet there was no one in his chamber and so i asked the guy who was nearest to his chamber door as to where i would find Mr.Patil and guess what that person was none other than him and man he was wearing the company dress..havent seen any GM from any company so far wearing the company dress this far..that just goes to show what kind of person he is..well im sure if people like him are appointed then there will not be many complaining customers..
Old 19th September 2005, 03:56   #67
BANNED

just a clarification the new GM Mr.Patil is only for M&S(marketting and sales) and the old CHIEF GM still exists..
Old 20th September 2005, 21:50   #68
Senior - BHPian

Maybe he should apply for politics.
We could use a honest hand like him.
Mac, the same thing happened with our Lancer but it is all fixed now and ven got side skirtsand leather at half price but decided against putting them bacause we doubted the rates they were asking for labour.
lamborghini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2005, 08:32   #69
BHPian

Great..Congrats Mclararen..
sivadas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2005, 12:13   #70
BHPian

Thumbs up

CONGRATS DUDE...
good to hear that team bhp can doo it...
zulfikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2005, 00:39   #71
Tapan

[SIZE=2]
Hi,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Have you tried calling Maruti company itself ? One call will solve all of your problems. Believe me. I had a maruti 800 and its rear shocker got leaked and dealer was not changing and the service manager argued...just one call to Maruti's regional office, the next day scene was,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]3 engineers from Gurgoan Maruti were personally came to my office to take the car for shocker replacement.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]The service manager came to me begging the for my forgivenes else he told me that he will get dismissed.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]I was offered free 2 services.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]So my suggestion is: Try calling them before you head to Consumer Court. I think that if you mention the names of sales and service people they will be sacked.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Thanks.
[/SIZE]
Old 26th December 2005, 02:48   #72
Senior - BHPian

Wow man... the good news is you get the new parts back..how come we did not talk about this on our meet??
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2005, 03:23   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
couldnt have said it better akshay..he is a very sober guy and surely didnt act like he was the boss around there..and whats more when i went to meet there was no one in his chamber and so i asked the guy who was nearest to his chamber door as to where i would find Mr.Patil and guess what that person was none other than him and man he was wearing the company dress..havent seen any GM from any company so far wearing the company dress this far..that just goes to show what kind of person he is..well im sure if people like him are appointed then there will not be many complaining customers..
Bro,
I read this thread pretty late... I was shocked and hurt to find that ur new baby isnt exactly wat it looked like. I can totally understand how u might have felt.
Well now that things are fine... lets call it a lesson or experience and make things better... Congrats on getting this all resolved...

Regards
Neo
general_neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2005, 10:17   #74
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapan
HiHave you tried calling Maruti company itself ? One call will solve all of your problems. Believe me. I had a maruti 800 and its rear shocker got leaked and dealer was not changing and the service manager argued...just one call to Maruti's regional office, the next day scene was 3 engineers from Gurgoan Maruti were personally came to my office to take the car for shocker replacement.

The service manager came to me begging the for my forgivenes else he told me that he will get dismissed.

I was offered free 2 service..
So my suggestion is: Try calling them before you head to Consumer Court. I think that if you mention the names of sales and service people they will be sacked..

Thanks.
well i did send an e-mail to MUL itself but havent got the reply from them till date.. I was actually shocked that even the parent company wasnt taking enough notice of its customers griviences.. But all said and done the problem was solved and i was given a completete replacement of the damaged parts at NO COST.. and i need to thank TBHP and its member haque who brought it to the kind notice of the authorities and also to all the guys who penned their opinions here.. thanks guys..

hey godfather if u see this thread starting date,its pretty old.. Most of the existing members already know about it and this topic has been dealt with extensively at a few meets..
Old 27th December 2005, 16:06   #75
Team-BHP Support

[quote=mclaren1885
just waiting for the free services to be done by them,and thats it no more r.n.s. for the rest of my life...[/quote]

A few things... first of all, if you are not happy with them no need to take your car to them for the free service either. You can take it to any other Maruti dealer. As long as you have the free service coupons your car can be serviced by any maruti dealer anywhere in india (true for all the cars actually).

Secondly, you do not really have to bother much about court tensions if you go to a consumer court. These are very different things and in fact you even can do this without a lawyer. But you need to have all the exhibits in the original shape and all the proper documents also.

By the way, when delivering the car they normally have a sheet that has all the checkboxes which you are supposed to tick before you sign. One is supposedly, AC working properly or some such thing. Did you see that? That should have been a pointer to you. AC is supposed to be tested and checked by the owner.

Finally, about the Maruti dealerships and their wicked ways see my post on what I learnt recently at a Maruti dealership (SHOCKING!! NHC crashes during routine service.). They are becoming more and more arrogant by the day. Particularly after launch of Swift I have heard such sniggering and desparaging comments from them that makes me sure that they are actually floating above the ground!
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote