Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 19th February 2010, 14:56   #1

Default Fortune Motors at Nerul..!!

Hi Guys,

For long i had been planning to buy a car. I had shortlisted two cars. Dzire or Manza Aura. I thought of going with Manza TD first as i thought its a new launch and TATA's have definitely improved their services.

I am penning down what i faced at Fortune Motors (TATA) at Nerul for a TD of Manza. As expected they did not have Aura and had the Aura Plus. Still proceeded with Aura Plus.

1st Test Drive:
I had gone there with a friend of mine. The reason of going with my friend was that he bought his Linea from the same showroom. He claimed that he had a very good experience with them.

Both of us walked into the showroom and almost immediately had a glance on Manza. I just loved the car and the feel it gives just by looking at it.

I requested to a sales guy for a TD, i filled in a form thinking that while on the TD he will explain me the features. How wrong i was. He just spoke about ARAI figures and how he can get the car in couple of weeks though the waiting period is close to one month. I was surprised..!!

Anyway, off from showroom (after filling the requisite forms) on to a highway. The car was smooth and same with the gear changes. This i realised only after i drove the Manza. For about a kilometre, the driver was driving. Then i was told that we should take a U turn and return back. I asked the sales guy "Boss, this is the highway and i did not get the feel of the car on bumpy roads, and on this kind of roads even a truck will run smoothly, leave alone a TD car". He replied "TATA as a policy does not allow more than 5 Kms TD". (Dont know if this true). All the while sales guy was speaking about the space inside and quick delivery that he can arrange. (I thought he was having a bad day and excused from being the one to spoil his day further).

I came to know about the features of the car from report of GTO.. What a review..!! Hats off to GTO. Even the TATA guys cant point out the advantages and plus points that GTO has mentioned..

Anyways, now over to my second TD..

2nd Test Drive:
I next went there on a sunday thinking that i will have more time. This time i was in for more drama. I again requested for a TD. The earlier sales guy was not present and was entertained by somebody else. Again after filling a form i took the car. (Minus the sales guy, but with a driver from showroom). I drove the car along the service road and got onto the highway.. Now, its surprise, surprise..!! i was told to take a left at a signal. (If the said left is taken, i reach the showroom)..!! I again politely asked him that i have not even done 2 Kms!! Pat, came the reply from the driver, "On sundays this is the maximum that we give as there are lot of enquiries and TD".. (Again, i dont know if this true) I told him that there is nobody at the showroom, and he said he cant help it and its their "sunday policy".. I asked him if he had a complaint book. He stared at me as if i spoke in hebrew..

I went back to showroom (after covering 1.89 Kms for a TD) and asked for a complaint book and the manager. I was offered a A4 printing paper and asked to write down the complaint. I really lost it that time and thought that it was a right time to bother the TATA guys. I managed to get in touch with the right people and after making right noises handed over the phone to the manager. He explained to me that it was a mistake and i can go any distance i want.. Though he was reluctant initially.. By that time i really was in no mood to go for a TD and that too with the same driver (He was the only driver at that time).

I told the manager and the sales guy (the earlier one, he had come by that time), to call me once they are clear about TATA instructions and their "policies" on a TD..

From that day (more than 3 weeks) to this day, i have not received a single call.

Guess, after such scenario, they have written me off as prospective customer..

I really dont know if its worth to book a car with only 7 Kms of TD and that too on a highway, or should i go with other dealer, as i really liked the Manza..!!
Esteemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 15:14   #2
Senior - BHPian

And do you know, Fortune was started (and is still run?) by ex-Tata Motors guys!
Very much the same attitude in many dealerships, take it or leave it!
Isn't it surprising that despite such great salesmanship, cars continue to sell in India?
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 15:25   #3
Senior - BHPian

Isn't there any other TATA showroom in Navi Mumbai? How about going to Wasan at Chembur?
amtak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 15:36   #4
Senior - BHPian

The fortune car guys are a bunch of cheats I know the bosses they are very unprofessional and unethical. They are like wolfs in sheeps (read idiots) clothing. They always talk about being ex- Telco and professional to anyone they meet but the fact is they are a bunch of rogue guys from VJTI. I would never give them any money/buy cars from them/give advances. The word that descibes them as White Collar theives. You have been warned
canonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2010, 13:37   #5

@ Amtak: I Know the one at Wasan. But, off late while driving back i was surprised that its now 'Wasan FORD"..

Guess they have changed the dealership.. What will happen to all Manzas standing outside..!!
Old 20th February 2010, 13:41   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Isn't there any other TATA showroom in Navi Mumbai? How about going to Wasan at Chembur?
Hi..

There is Bhatti Motors.. But after my experience with Fortune, (which is the considered to be the best in Navi Mumbai) i am bit wary of going into that showroom.

Can you imagine its only a gala away from Fortune..!!
Old 20th February 2010, 13:46   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
The fortune car guys are a bunch of cheats I know the bosses they are very unprofessional and unethical. They are like wolfs in sheeps (read idiots) clothing. They always talk about being ex- Telco and professional to anyone they meet but the fact is they are a bunch of rogue guys from VJTI. I would never give them any money/buy cars from them/give advances. The word that descibes them as White Collar theives. You have been warned
Hello,

I did not know that. Infact one person claimed to be on a transfer from TELCO. I believed him as what he spoke made at least a little sense. Though every now and then he was going off tangent and had to bring him back to the TD topic.

I should have doubted him as he too was not clear about TATA policies of a TD.
Old 4th March 2010, 18:13   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteemed View Post
@ Amtak: I Know the one at Wasan. But, off late while driving back i was surprised that its now 'Wasan FORD"..

Guess they have changed the dealership.. What will happen to all Manzas standing outside..!!
Wasan also have two other dealerships for Tata-Fiat, at Marine Lines and at Kandivali, so the Manzas can get transferred there.

I just bought my Manza from Wasan, Chembur in January and they were still Tata-Fiat dealers. they also had the Ford dealership nearby (just at the Swastik Chambers signal towards Sindhi Society) and so do not think they would have changed completely . The TML website does not show Wasan at Chembur as a dealer for Manzas but the customercare pages (Tata Motors Customer Care :: Service Network) shows their workshop address (at Deonar) as the dealer address, so am now confused. Fiat India website still shows their dealer address as the one on Sion-Trombay road.

No idea which one is right. Better still to call them and find out.

TBHPians near Chembur, can you help verify?

Last edited by adits : 4th March 2010 at 18:15.
adits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2010, 17:52   #9
BHPian

Default Fortune turn around........maybe.

I had to get my Fiat Siena serviced in Mumbai and was looking for a reliable ***. Also I wanted Saturday for he servicing as that was a off day and I could spend time explaining what i wanted for my car.

Called up Wasan Motors a few times to talk to their Fiat Advisor, but was not responsive. They do not seem to be interested in old Fiat Cars, they have a lot of new cars to service.

Called up Fortune Cars at Nerul with apprehension as I had read a few bad experinces with this ***. However, Nagendra was accomodating in talking to me overthe phone for a time and accepted the car on Saturday.

Went withteh car on Saturday - 23rd Oct 2010 at 9.15 am. Here it is First Come First Service policy. So better be early.

9.20 am - Met with Nagendra, busy with another car- palio.
9.30 am - My job card was being made. I was 4th inthe day. Went for a test drive of about 3-4 kms. explained my take on the car which included faded brakes, body noise, chec all hoses, pipes, lubricants, fluids, nuts and bolts, joints, fittings and also full service. Am happy that i was patiently listened to.

10.30 am - Job card filled. Was also pointed out that the steering was hard too. will have to check it. also suggested a 3M interior clean as my car was really dirty inside. Gave my OK, got the estimate and waled out. Car would be delivered on Monday evening.

Saturday - 5 pm - call from Fortune Motors - Nagendra. Braes will need replacement of Wheel Cilynders, pads and liners. Cost estimate 6000. Gave a go ahead.

Monday 3 pm - Call from Nagendra - parts not available. Hence will clean and adjust the existing brae system and also put a requisition to FIAT for parts. Replace when the parts arrive. Gave my O.

Monday 5 pm - car will be ready on Tuesday evening. ALmost all wor done.

Went to pic the car on Tuesday. Cleaned, ready. Went for a test drive - braes were really good now, steering was light, much lower body noise.
On my test drive we ran out of petrol..... .... called for 5 litres fuel which came real quic and went bac to the ***. anyways my fuel was very very low so no surprises here.

Billed. Brae system was overhauled, steering was fully overhauled, servicing done, interior cleaning done, heel alignment and balamcing done. Car felt good.

bill - 7110 with all taxes etc.

I had a good and friendly experience and also Nagendra was pretty nowledgeable about the car and its parts and how to ge them to wor properly.

One gripe though, my set of fuses missing form the glove box. Hope Nagendra can find it in a wees time.

I am a happy Siena Owner now with one less worry of finding a good garage for my car.

If others have also seen a change of attitude with Fortune Nerul, please do let us all now.

Regards
Soumo Chatterjee
fast lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2010, 18:04   #10
BHPian

Default this is a concern

I purchased my punto from fortune. Its early days i cant give you complete feedback but so far it has been good. I cant speak for the TATA side. They have a different team for FIAT.
I suspect the driver who came with you for the test drive was not very keen because its not his job to do so. The designated guy seems to have requested him to stand in. All of this speaks of a low level of professionalism. I so much wish they improve. Its a monopoly for them in Navi mumbai as far as FIAT and TATA are concerned. For servicing TATA you have more options than going to Fortune. Manu Auto near the APMC market is a decent place for service.
Fortune claimed they will be relocating to somewhere near MHAPE. Hopefully that will resolve their space related issues but an attitude change is a must. It all goes down to training.
chittybang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2010, 18:00   #11
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Fast Lane, always good to hear of positive after-sales experiences. Thanks for sharing! The way that I see it, customer satisfaction depends on your service advisor. If he's good, you will be happy in even the nastiest of dealership outlets.

No competent workshop has only good service advisors, and no rogue workship has only rogues. However, what separates a good workshop from a poor one is:

- Proportion of satisfied : dissatisfied customers.

- The quality of direct management. The leadership, systems, stress on customer satisfaction etc.

- Rules, training and monitoring by the brand. This is where Tata mostly loses out.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote