Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 17th March 2010, 16:48   #1
BHPian

Default My experience with Hyundai's Mumbai dealers (and a comparison)

hi All,

Yesterday we booked an i20 Asta, petrol.

Attached is the comparison between the various dealers that i compiled.

I hope it helps.

We booked it with Hyundai Motor Plaza (HMP)- Lower Parel, although it turned out to be the most expensive option for reasons:

a. Its a company owned/operated showroom, so credibility to what the sales guy says is pretty high.

b. Color that my friend wanted, only HMP could promise a delivery within 7days cuz they have a stockyard in Taloja.

c. The Sales guy, Vaibhav, was pretty polite, softspoken and non-pushy. A lesson to all the other dealer sales guys
Although i must mention the guy from Asset, Kanjurmarg, who was very keen and did good follow up. If not for the delivery we would have given him the sale, plus he was giving discount too.

And yes, the cash discount is an unpublished and no dealer will go on record. However, this might help teambhpians looking for a better deal (5k can get me 50 McD Happy meals!!)

Mods, if this info is any kind of violation, please do remove this post.

P.s: If the toilets of the dealers were to be a factor, then the toilet at Linkway honda is super clean!
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx i20 dealer comparison.xlsx (11.4 KB, 807 views)
SoulGarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2017, 14:22   #2
BHPian

Default Hyundai Mumbai - Which service station is best?

Hi,

I just bought a Hyundai Tuscon Crdi. I would like to know which Modi Hyundai service station provides good VFM service. Any suggestions?

Choices are:
1. Chunabhatti workshop
2. Vasai
3. Thane workshop

Regards,
Seacat

Last edited by Rehaan : 2nd February 2017 at 13:11. Reason: Post edited. Please use proper spacing & punctuation.
Seacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2017, 14:57   #3
BHPian

Default re: Hyundai Mumbai - Which service station is best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacat View Post
Hi ,
I would like to know which Modi Hyundai service station provides good VFm service. Any suggestions ???
Choices are;
1. Chunabhatti workshop
2. Vasai
3. Thane workshop
Congrats on your new car the new Tucson is a looker! I have taken my car to the Modi Hyundai in Goregoan west for the past 3 times and have not had any complaints yet.

The Goregoan West branch is pretty big as they took over a ford service station which was beside them. Have always got the car back the same day.
ronz_2507 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2017, 15:09   #4
BHPian

Hi Ronz,
Many thanks. Do you by any chance have the address and telephone no.
You can PM me at njo@zebecmarine.com
Regards
Seacat
Old 1st February 2017, 15:15   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Ronz,
Many thanks. Do you by any chance have the address and telephone no.
You can PM me at njo@zebecmarine.com
Regards
Seacat
Modi Hyundai Service Centre Goregaon

Address: C/O Auto Land, S V Road,
Goregaon West, Mumbai - 400104,
Behind Excel Estate, Opp Patel Petrol Pump,
Contact number: 022 - 6761 5555

Its right on SV road before MTNL telephone exchange just use google maps the location is accurate.
ronz_2507 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2017, 16:12   #6
BHPian

Default Re: My experience with Hyundai's Mumbai dealers (and a comparison)

Hi Guys,
In continuation with my earlier post on which dealer service station is good, I just found out that R Square Hyundai has a service station at Chembur right close by to my office. before I take my Tucson for the first service there , do any of you have experiences to share about this service /workshop ? Good / Bad / Average.
Any good contacts there who we could depend upon.
Regards,
Seacat
Old 19th March 2017, 21:18   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,
In continuation with my earlier post on which dealer service station is good, I just found out that R Square Hyundai has a service station at Chembur right close by to my office. before I take my Tucson for the first service there , do any of you have experiences to share about this service /workshop ? Good / Bad / Average.
Any good contacts there who we could depend upon.
Regards,
Seacat
I do not have any personal experience with R Square Hyundai but my close friend got his Creta serviced there. I have accompanied him on two occasions and found that the service is average. They tried to up sell few things to my friend which he politely declined and they were ok with that. He also got some insurance related work done here and the experience with that was pretty bad. I would recommend that you try other service centres if possible.
ragh_bhushan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2017, 12:33   #8
BHPian

Had the 4th service (30,000 kms / 36 months) for my Hyundai Elite i20 carried out at the Shreenath Hyundai, Govandi workshop. This being the first paid service, the SA tried desperately to upsell unnecessary services like Brake Service, Clutch Overhaul, Diesel Filter, Air Filter & Cabin Filter Replacements and WA/WB.

While replacing Air & Cabin Filter can still be passed off as preventive maintenance (as the Car Manual only states that these need to be replaced every 20k kms), the brake & clutch services are pure money-grabbing tactics. Also, the diesel filter needs only be replaced at 20k intervals, therefore this was another unnecessary task added. The SA provided me an INR 10,000 estimate with all of these services included, and refused to acknowledge that Hyundai's 4th service cost estimator provides a figure of INR 4,500.

He also blatantly lied that my diesel filter was not changed in the 20k service, and when I asked him to show me the previous bill, he tried to hide it by scrolling down very quickly (as the diesel filter was the 1st item on the previous bill).

After I gave him a piece of my mind, and noted that I would be paying only for the service required as per the manual, and not a rupee extra, he revised the cost estimate to INR 4,300! In fact my final bill was only INR 3,795 as he threw in a discount to pacify me.

However, after taking delivery of the car, I also noticed that the workshop had damaged my wipers (the rubber had separated from the wiper arm), and on enquiring about this, they obviously denied any wrong-doing and also noted that they do not have stock of the wipers. Absolutely ridiculous not having stock for their most popular model, in the middle of the monsoon season, while they are promoting their monsoon camp!!

Overall, am quite disappointed, as this is the service I would expect at a Skoda / VW workshop, and not Hyundai. Am awaiting the feedback call from Hyundai, to give them my feedback on this poor experience.

Last edited by phoenixash : 17th July 2017 at 12:34.
phoenixash is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote