Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 24th March 2010, 11:24   #1
Thumbs up Dealership Experience while buying Tata Manza from Techno Autos

Hi Folks

As an heads up, please check my initial ownership report for the Manza: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...narch-red.html (The Monarchy is here!! Manza Quadarajet Monarch Red!!)

Got this car from Techno Auto, Dwarka, New Delhi.

Although the expected delivery time for this car is around a month, however I got this car withing 5 days of my booking. No premium paid!!
All thanks goes to the salesman at Techno, Mr. Mohd Aslam Khan, in getting me early delivery of this car. Guess, my good repo with him in initial stages while Test driving and booking, helped a lot.

I was invited to take the delivery at 5pm on March 21st 2010 at 5.00pm.
I spoke to Aslam and informed him that I would be doing a thorough checks regarding car and documentation. So please make sure that car is ready to.

However, that wasn't to be. The car had to come from their other showroom in Najafgarh. I was very courteous all this time but maintained a serious and stubborn attitude. He wanted me to sign the registration papers. I straight away said firm NO. I would do that after thorough checking of the car (as advised on Team-BHP ).

After agonising wait of 1.5 hours, car arrived at the showroom finally. As soon as the car arrived inside, couple of people went on to sparkle clean the car. Had to direct them a bit regarding inside cleaning. But overall the cleaning job was ok.

I checked each and every electrical component. Test drove the car. While trying to check the engine for any kind of leaking, to my horror, car bonnet refused to open. Then it was found that some lose wiring problem is there. I asked them fix it, however no mechanic was available at that time to fix it as it was late Sunday evening.

However, Aslam assured me that this would be fixed first thing in the morning next day. Aslam, along with two mechanics arrived at my place the next day at 11 am and took 10 minutes to fix it. Overall, nice work!

While I was checking the documentation work, I particularly requested for Form-22 to check and verify the manufacturing date. They were a bit surprised by this request. However, they promptly got the FORM 22 faxed from the other showroom. To my surprise, it didn't depict any manufacturing date. Only the Engine and Chassis number was given. I requested them to run this information in the system and show me the exact manufacturing date. They were very helpful in this case and showed me the manufacturing date in their TATA system by suppling the chassis number to the SEIBEL system of TATA.

Next i did all documentation verifications. Everything was upto the mark.

They gave a box of Cadbury's chocolates and a Coconut as a token gift. Also, clicked a picture from their camera while delivering the keys to my Mom. Then, we clicked some pics from our own camera. Although it was quite late by then, they were not in much hurry to deliver the car.

Overall a good buying experience. Would recommend Techno Autos.
Would strongly agree with suggestions on Team-BHP to maintain a courteous but stubborn attitude while taking delivery of your car from any dealer.
amitw79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2010, 22:08   #2

Good writeup amitw79.
A waiting period of 5 days! LOL, other Manza owners will sure be envying you!
aman9393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2010, 23:48   #3

Originally Posted by aman9393 View Post
Good writeup amitw79.
A waiting period of 5 days! LOL, other Manza owners will sure be envying you!
try 2 days by TBHPian trrk
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...narch-red.html (Tata Indigo Manza Quadrajet Aura Plus - Monarch Red)
adits is offline   Reply With Quote