Team-BHP - Vivek automobiles is now a PAL Premier Rio dealer
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Car Dealerships (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/)
-   -   Vivek automobiles is now a PAL Premier Rio dealer (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/78777-vivek-automobiles-now-pal-premier-rio-dealer.html)

What an irony!

Vivek auto was a premier automobiles dealer earlier, then became a fiat, then a tata fiat and now his fiat dealership has been canceled, he is now becoming a PAL dealer again:eek:

He will soon begin selling premier rios.
pics from outside his mathura road showroom-cum-stockyard:

Thanks Sid. Never knew about RIO till date. Wondering where're the reviews for RIO's in TBHP; will search them.

Although Vivek is no longer a Tata-Fiat dealer, it continues to be Tata-Fiat authorised service centre. Earlier, Vivek's neighbour A-One had ceased to be Tata-Fiat dealer.

Rio looks interesting but creating customer confidence in a Premier product that's imported from China will be a herculean task. Incidentally, Rio isn't BS-IV compliant and Premier's plans in this regard aren't clear either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by directinjection (Post 1817629)
Although Vivek is no longer a Tata-Fiat dealer, it continues to be Tata-Fiat authorised service centre. Earlier, Vivek's neighbour A-One had ceased to be Tata-Fiat dealer.

Rio looks interesting but creating customer confidence in a Premier product that's imported from China will be a herculean task. Incidentally, Rio isn't BS-IV compliant and Premier's plans in this regard aren't clear either.

if it isnt BS IV compliant
how is it on sale in NCR

Is A one no longer selling Tata-Fiat like Vivek? If it still remains a TASS then how come the dealership got cancelled? Vivek still owes me a left ORVM for the Palio, whatever is going to happen to it now and the extended warranty they gave me on it?

[ot]
Not to demean anyone's love to these suvs...
But I can see these getting used in some B grade movie with villain using tonnes of them while attaching hero, his house etc. :D
Climax of the legendary movie "Gunda" anyone? :D

This is going to be a start of mini-SUVs. But wont the PAL kinow that by April 1st we are moving to BS-IV in major cities? Where are they targetting this.

~6Lacs for this looks tempting. How about the services & support network?

Good luck PAL.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay4587 (Post 1817671)
if it isnt BS IV compliant
how is it on sale in NCR

What the law prohibits is the manufacture of non-BS-IV compliant vehicles after 1 April 2010 in the 13 territories. There is no restriction on sale of BS-III vehicles in NCR that were manufactured before 01/04/2010. This also explains the rather largish stock at Vivek.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderernomad (Post 1817757)
Is A one no longer selling Tata-Fiat like Vivek? If it still remains a TASS then how come the dealership got cancelled?

Dealership and A.S.S. are two different things. A location that's good for a workshop may not necessarily be good for a showroom. As it is, in Delhi, due to land use restrictions, you can have A.S.S. only in industrial areas. There's also a lot of competition among dealers. There's a lot more money to be made through the servicing and spare part route and so these guys don't mind losing dealership. (At least this is what they told me.)

Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderernomad (Post 1817757)
Vivek still owes me a left ORVM for the Palio, whatever is going to happen to it now and the extended warranty they gave me on it?

None of that gets affected. You'll get both.