Below Your Expectations 33 21.71%
Improvement Needed 23 15.13%
Voters: 152. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17th March 2017, 09:21   #106
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Honda A. S. S. Experience - By Owners Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Content Reactor View Post
Thank you for the prompt reply. I actually skipped Sundaram because there was a thread specifically about their (bad) service. But that was an 2011 thread. Theu must have pulled up their socks now with more competition. I was considering Olympia and Mansarovar and Capital is far for me (Kilpauk).
Sundaram being part of the TVS group have a very high attention to reliability and quality as far as I am aware. I am not sure what previous bad experiences bhpians had. I have never used them myself but heard from other Honda owners (distant relatives) that they are excellent.
hserus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2017, 11:54   #107
BHPian

Just a question....aren't the service centers responsible for our cars until they are handed back to us ? If anything happens in a service center when we are not there, are they not responsible to rectify it ? Is there any disclaimer in service agreement where it says we are not responsible for any damages or accidents that happen during servicing your vehicle ??
gr8guyme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2017, 12:18   #108
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guyme View Post
Is there any disclaimer in service agreement where it says we are not responsible for any damages or accidents that happen during servicing your vehicle ??
Yes read the fine print on which you sign, there is a disclaimer which washes off responsibility. This is applicable for almost all dealers across brands.
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2017, 12:43   #109
BHPian

My 2013 city went in for annual (4th year ) service and for the airbag recall at Spectrum Honda, Guwahati recently and I have nothing but praise for them.
Personalised attention, quick work and best of all low cost(3.7k for 4th year annual service is cheaper than service for many small cars).
pyrodrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2017, 15:06   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Yes read the fine print on which you sign, there is a disclaimer which washes off responsibility. This is applicable for almost all dealers across brands.
However, that does not mean that they are not responsible. Such a disclaimer and its signing by a customer does not necessarily absolve dealer from responsibility and liability. Such declarations are not legally tenable. In fact, it can very strongly be argued that the such declarations are sought in bad faith and are imposed upon consumers under coercion as the manufacturer will not honour the warranty unless the vehicle is serviced and maintained by the authorised dealer.

Its akin to some airline saying its not responsible for your life and if there is a plane crash there is no liability on their part. In short, fly at your own risk. Now, I wonder how many people will fly if such a declaration is sought by an airline?
PratikPatel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2017, 15:45   #111
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrodrive View Post
Personalised attention, quick work and best of all low cost(3.7k for 4th year annual service is cheaper than service for many small cars).
Absolutely not. Bangalore city i serviced our Ritz 30k kms (i don't believe in annual service, just get it done when kms are done) at a dealer last month and charges were 1300 + mineral Oil another 1000 bucks or so. That is more than 1400 bucks cheaper and honestly apart from the size of these cars, there is nothing much different in the service. I am sure if i had got it done outside would have been couple of hundred lesser also. so close to 4k for a general check up / annual service cant be termed cheap. Maybe compared to a european car with absurd rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by PratikPatel View Post
Its akin to some airline saying its not responsible for your life and if there is a plane crash there is no liability on their part. In short, fly at your own risk. Now, I wonder how many people will fly if such a declaration is sought by an airline?
Similar to hospitals taking indemnity from relatives before a surgery. All i said is they do have fine print. Legal or not, if it will hold in court of law etc i have no clue. But to a common joe who is an situation, this can be the first weapon from dealer end.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2017, 16:08   #112
BHPian

@ Jaggu, it includes the oil change as well. Don't know at your end, but the rate compares favourably with the service expenses for our relatively newer grand 10. Maybe maruti service is cheaper, but with two hyundais in the house, d honda is a lot easier on the pocket.
The city goes in for service once a year, since my running is low, it translates to about every 10k kms.
pyrodrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2017, 07:41   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Content Reactor View Post
Thank you for the prompt reply. I actually skipped Sundaram because there was a thread specifically about their (bad) service. But that was an 2011 thread. Theu must have pulled up their socks now with more competition. I was considering Olympia and Mansarovar and Capital is far for me (Kilpauk).
This is the thread I'm referring to: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ram-honda.html (Sundaram Honda)

I had made a booking with Olympia initially for a Golden Brown V-MT and changed it to Alabaster Silver last evening (our current and previous cars have been black so wanted a change. My first preference was the new Modern Steel color, which has a waiting period of 2 months). While the first three free services are routine (unless there is an issue), I'm wondering if I should switch to Sundaram for the paid services if they are that good. I'm coming from Maruti and serviced my cars with Maruti Service Masters, which is really good. I'm hoping decent service if not the same or better.
Wondering if there is such a thing as service center awards. Maybe Team-BHP can award the best service centers (for each brand) based on user feedback.
Cheers!
Content Reactor is offline   Reply With Quote