Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 28th April 2010, 09:46   #1
BHPian

Default Need Help regarding Chevrolet Cashless Ownership

Hi Guys,

I am a Chevrolet Spark owner from Bangalore. The car is covered under 3 year cashless ownership offer and its been just more than 6 months since I bought this car. The car very recently went through its second free servicing.

Problem: Few weeks back I noticed a strange sound coming from the front of my car while the car was running. The noise would not be there at low speeds, but once you cross 40 kmph the noise used to start and continue at higher speeds. Surprisingly the noise would be there even when the engine is turned off. So I thought it must be something from the drive shaft or the wheel assembly.

So promptly I took to the nearest GM authorised service station - Frontline Automobiles. The service manager came along with me for a test drive to find out where the problem is. He said it might be from the brake pad assembly and then took the car back to the service station. He removed the wheel, checked the brake pad and later he said he had done it. So I wanted to take another test drive to see if the problem is sorted. Surprisingly, it was not. He didn't know where the sound was coming from. So we went back to the service station and he asked me to come in the evening so that he can check everything.

Evening when I went the problem was finally solved. The service guy said the problem was with a coupling in the drive shaft. He said they had removed the complete assembly and solved the problem. I appreciated his effort. I was about to leave and the person said I have to pay Rs.386 as "Mechanical Labour". I was surprised since this whole thing is supposed to be covered under Cashless Ownership Offer. IS IT NOT????

I asked him about this and he said "Sir, that offer is only for the free servicing that we give. Any problem with the car otherwise, the labour should be paid for. As I wanted my car urgently and I was in no mood to fight, I paid the amount and drove back.

I have the receipt for that amount and now I want to know if what they did was right???

Please guide me through this and what steps I need to take, to at least find out if what they did was right. I am not bothered about that money, but I feel kind of cheated. It may be Rs. 1 or Rs. 10000 I don't mind. But I feel cheated. Please guide me through this.

Regards,
Anant
anantu2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2010, 10:34   #2
Senior - BHPian

You are NOT cheated.

Cashless ownership is for the regular servicing you are suppose to do for the next 3 years. Let me explain.

In 1st service they will change the consumables like Engine oil. This is entirely free. But if for some reason you want to change the oil in 2nd service (which is not default) then you need to pay for that.

The offer included all consumables + labours on REGULAR servicing at 6 month intervals.

This is similar to the first 3 service which all manufactures provide for first year. Only difference is, the consumables are also covered and its for 9 service spread across 3 years.
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2010, 13:15   #3
kkg
BHPian

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
You are NOT cheated.

Cashless ownership is for the regular servicing you are suppose to do for the next 3 years. Let me explain.
I beg to differ. I srongly feel that you were duped in this certain case. I have my spark fot last 2 and half years and in all those years i have gone to GM service many times for quite a few rattles, squeaks and sounds. Everytime i got them rectified free of cost under " Running Repair". I would like to mention here that my car is not even under the Cashless ownership programm. Your dealer has somehow cheated you on this.

Make your voice heard and mail your complaint at GM india.
kkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2010, 13:47   #4
Senior - BHPian

[quote=kkg;1859757]
Quote:

I beg to differ. I srongly feel that you were duped in this certain case. I have my spark fot last 2 and half years and in all those years i have gone to GM service many times for quite a few rattles, squeaks and sounds. Everytime i got them rectified free of cost under " Running Repair". I would like to mention here that my car is not even under the Cashless ownership programm. Your dealer has somehow cheated you on this.

Make your voice heard and mail your complaint at GM india.
This is purely dealers effort to have a satisfied customer. I appreciate the Dealer.

As far as the cashless is concerned, this is what is mentioned in the booklet and it has 9 or so coupon for each of the services.
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2010, 16:59   #5
BHPian

If not cashless ownership, shouldn't it be covered under warranty since the cars is only 6 months old? Why should he be paying the labour charges?

Excerpt from Hyundai extended warranty
Quote:
HMIL dealer shall either repair or replace any part found to be defective with a new part or an equivalent at no cost to the owner for parts or labour.
bullinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2010, 12:50   #6
BHPian

Exactly my doubt. If they can do other things when we have small niggles, squeaks in our car then why charge for this?

I have sent a mail to the customer care but have not received any reply from them as yet. Do anybody of you have a official's mail-id so that I can mail to him directly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullinb View Post
If not cashless ownership, shouldn't it be covered under warranty since the cars is only 6 months old? Why should he be paying the labour charges?

Excerpt from Hyundai extended warranty
anantu2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2010, 16:37   #7
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

This should be covered under warranty rather than the cashless ownership. Since the car developed a fault the company should pay for it.

Escalate this to GM - This will also help you in the future as a reference case.
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote