Old 8th June 2010, 01:31   #16
BHPian

I also have heard only bad stuff about MSM Okhla,

My experience has been quite good with the following service stations:

1) Rana motors Okhla
2) JR Automobiles Vasant Kunj
3) Apra Automobiles Vasant Kunj
4) Competent Automobiles Mehrauli

As far as building a rapport with the service advisor is concerned, honestly speaking it is actually the truth and it makes all the difference whether good or bad.

I generally explain all the problems in clear Hindi and not in English. I sometimes even tip the advisors and that makes a huge difference.

A bit OT!

Even though Rama Hyundai does not exist anymore, their workshop still does by the name of Sharman Motors if IIRC. I bought both my Accents from Rama Hyundai itself. Though today they are not official Hyundai dealers, my car still goes to the same service station and is attended to by one of the 2 service advisors who have been there for more than 10 years. And the best part is that they provide all original parts in the original company packaging.
maglev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2010, 12:31   #17
BHPian

Buddy, I went through a horrifying experience myself at MSM, Okhla.
You can read it at the thread where it was discussed.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...e-masters.html (My Swift in shatters after given to Body workshop at Maruti Service masters)

many people said they will not take responsibility for it. But given my love for my car and the hard earned money I had put in maintaining my car, I searched a bit.

I found out that they have a corporate office at KG Marg, New delhi. Their are few relationship officers who look after different workshops as per their area. I told him the entire story and he took personal interest in getting all the issues resolved.

END Result: I got everything fixed. they replaced my xenons, underbody neons, flashers at their own cost . Go at their corporate office and shaqre your apathy. i am sure it will be dealt with severly
dhall_gagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2010, 16:51   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJANGO View Post
Hi
I read your post with interest. You have my commiserations. I have been a Maruti owner since 1986 and have owned many Maruti cars since then, however, have had no such experience. Two things, either your car is a lemon, or the service center is below par.

Assuming your car is not a lemon, once bitten is twice shy and I see no reason for you to go to the same service center again and again. Fact is, since you have complained and so on, your car will be marked. It is now an ego trip, big investor versus small customer.

Maruti has been in the busines for close to 30 years and all the awards apart, it is the people who make the difference. The guys who are becoming the present dealers and service centers are the same guys who started sellling cars on the roadside and have grown with time financially, however, the attitude is still the same, screw the customer at any cost. Stay away, take your car to your friend in Punjab and get a comprehensive status report, find out what needs doing, and get it done there itself, and thereafter, find a good place to maintain your car, even if you have to drive 100 km to do so. Make a video tape about your experiences with all supporting documentation and send it to Vivek Law at CNBC TV 18 and believe me, they will air it. Then sit back and wait for the **** to hit the fan.

best wishes

Django
Django - I guess you are right now it has become an ego issue for MSM, I have heard that top officials at MSM have black listed my car.

"Stay away, take your car to your friend in Punjab and get a comprehensive status report, find out what needs doing, and get it done there itself, and thereafter, find a good place to maintain your car, even if you have to drive 100 km to do so. Make a video tape about your experiences with all supporting documentation and send it to Vivek Law at CNBC TV 18 and believe me, they will air it. Then sit back and wait for the **** to hit the fan."

I didnt get this part and do you have contact details of Vivek Law.
teefosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2010, 00:45   #19
BHPian

This is class Maruti Service Masters, absolutely pathetic service. Try to google for maruti service masters reviews and you will find similar posts. My only reason to go there was some very praising posts on TBHP, however their service levels have fallen down many levels since then.
f1head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2010, 16:12   #20
BHPian

even after sending maruti officials a reminder on 17 June, there is still no response. It amazes me how people talk greatly about maruti's great customer service.

This clearly shows there callous attitude and the so called customer service.

Can somebody at Team BHP help me?
Old 29th June 2010, 18:19   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teefosi View Post
even after sending maruti officials a reminder on 17 June, there is still no response. It amazes me how people talk greatly about maruti's great customer service.

This clearly shows there callous attitude and the so called customer service.

Can somebody at Team BHP help me?
This is really sad man, I thought Maruti would be quite good in dealing with such things. Contacting a news channel looked a good idea but did you try going to the corporate office as suggested by someone earlier?
carfanatic007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2010, 16:09   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfanatic007 View Post
This is really sad man, I thought Maruti would be quite good in dealing with such things. Contacting a news channel looked a good idea but did you try going to the corporate office as suggested by someone earlier?
No I havnt been to there corporate office because the officials are hardly available there. But I have sent emails to Pankaj Narula (service head), Shinzo Nakanishi (MD) and RC Bhargava (Chairman) couple of times but no response.
Old 8th July 2010, 14:31   #23
BHPian

Just an update guys. After waiting for 2 months, today I met Mr.Anurag Kumar (TSM) who looks after MSM. I went to MSM and reached there at 10am. Apart from Mr.Anurag, Mr VM Chawla (General Manager), Mr.Devender (Deputy Manager), Mr.Praveen (Deputy General Manager) were also called for the meeting. One Mr.Lalit who happens to be representing the Japanese partner of MSM was also asked to join in.

I was then asked my Mr.Lalit to explain him the entire problem which I did and he again gave me the same lame excuses which I have heard umpteen times. Suddenly, Mr.A Choudhary (Managing Director) came in and in a very sarcastic manner asked me "How are you" and told the guys present there that rectify the problem and nothing more because he is a very arrogant person and by owning a Maruti he thinks he can talk in any manner.

Then Mr.Lalit instructed Mr.Devender and Mr.Anurag to take the car for a test drive and understand the problem. During the test drive Mr.Devender agrees that there is a noise from the steering and it can be the tie rod also. After reaching MSM he checks with me as to when can I leave the car for the job to be done. When I asked him how much time would it take, he said if the required parts are available which I would check in the store, then I would give the car by tomorrow otherwise I would order the parts and inform you once they come.

Mr Devender then checks for the availability of the parts in the store and tells me to wait in Mr VM Chawla's office. After waiting for 30mins Mr.Devender comes up along with Mr.Anurag and Mr.Lalit and informs me that we can't change the part under warranty because you have changed the original tyres and put an upsize tyre (15"), so because of that there can be problems with the suspension and steering. I was simply astonished to hear that. Mr.Anurag then mentions that it you want the work to be done you have to pay for the parts. Just to remind everyone, they have already changed front left shocker, stabiliser bar bush and end under warranty and at that time this rule didnt apply. AMAZING MAN!!!!!

This reminds me of the post by DJANGO wherein he said "Fact is, since you have complained and so on, your car will be marked. It is now an ego trip, big investor versus small customer."

And this absolutely true because it has become an ego issue for Mr.A Choudhary and I understood why it took 30 mins for Mr.Devender to check about the parts status. Finally when I was leaving I thanked Mr.Anurag for his valuable time and support and he tells me that since the matter is highlighted here he cant do anything but might help me outside and tells me to be in touch.

I request the so called Maruti fans to please wake up and realise the ground reality. Because at Maruti nothing has changed in the last 30 years they still have the worst quality, the same lousy people with the same SARKARI attitude who just know how to spell customer service and customer delight but dont know a **** about it and nor do they intend.
Old 8th July 2010, 16:37   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teefosi View Post
Just an update guys. After waiting for 2 months, today I met Mr.Anurag Kumar (TSM) who looks after MSM. I went to MSM and reached there at 10am. Apart from Mr.Anurag, Mr VM Chawla (General Manager), Mr.Devender (Deputy Manager), Mr.Praveen (Deputy General Manager) were also called for the meeting. One Mr.Lalit who happens to be representing the Japanese partner of MSM was also asked to join in.
And this absolutely true because it has become an ego issue for Mr.A Choudhary and I understood why it took 30 mins for Mr.Devender to check about the parts status. Finally when I was leaving I thanked Mr.Anurag for his valuable time and support and he tells me that since the matter is highlighted here he cant do anything but might help me outside and tells me to be in touch.
teefosi,
when i had problem with the rear shock absobers of my car it was Mr Anurag Kumar,who intervened and asked APRA OKHLA To replace it under warranty.

He is a nice guy,and knows how to handle the customers.
I am sure in future also if you have any problem,you can contact him directly.
ankit.jhamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2010, 17:07   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit.jhamb View Post
teefosi,
when i had problem with the rear shock absobers of my car it was Mr Anurag Kumar,who intervened and asked APRA OKHLA To replace it under warranty.

He is a nice guy,and knows how to handle the customers.
I am sure in future also if you have any problem,you can contact him directly.

Even after reading my part of the story, do you still believe that he is a nice guy. If he knows how to handle customers he wouldn't have called me at MSM and after calling me he wasn't able to neither solve my problem nor even made an effort to understand it and instead humiliated me.

As far as future is concerned, I have made a promise to myself not to buy any Maruti product ever because nothing can improve their. There situation is just like the good old Hindustan Ambassador that they are selling so many cars they are least bothered even if one customer is unhappy.
Old 9th July 2010, 00:01   #26
BHPian

I had a bad experience servicing my car at RNS motors, Yeswanthpur, Bangalore. I always service my car at this service center only. This time that i got my car serviced on 1st June 2010 which was simply horrible. They have not even washed the car properly. All my compliants are not rectified and more damage and problems are noticed now. the service advisor who dealt with my car's job was a stupid, who don't even know to talk in a dignified manner.

I had asked for the drop facility, which RNS agreed to do by charging for the same. I was told that the car has left the showroom at around 6.00 pm. It would hardly take max 30 mins to reach my place from RNS service centre. Believe it or not i got the car only at 8.45 pm . The service advisor neither bothered to check where has the driver gone or does he have his mobile number. The service advisor is casually answering me . (In Kannada) "Neev yaake thalae keduskolthiri saaaaar, yenu agalla nim car ge!!!! traffic alli barakke time agathe saaaar". To translate, Why do you worry sir, nothing harm will happen to to your car !!!!!!. It takes time to reach im the traffic sir. From RNS to my place , it hardly takes 30 mins in maximum traffic.

Finally the car reached at 8.45pm and i test drove the car to check whther the compliants were dealt with. To my surprise i felt that nothing has been done with the car. it was improperly washed. The car was quiet rough, the steering wheel was making a squeeking noise when turned, the petrol adour was stinking in the car, mats were dirty(forgiven because it was a rainy day).

I didn't have a feel that the car is serviced at all. But the bill amount was Rs.1650/-. The silencer pipe was rubbing the under body of the car, right rear door was making lot of noise and many more compliants were left unattended.

Even if you send the feedback form what maximum is gonna happen. A lady will call up and preach the same statement."Saaar how did you feel about the service saar, was it satisfactory?????.

If not satisfactory what they are gonna do.Just ask for sorry and excuses.

Maruthi's customer care is a mere sham. Maruthi appeal are Bogus.
rki2007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2017, 01:29   #27

Default Re: Harassment by Maruti Service Masters - Okhla, New Delhi

Hi all. Been in a bit of a conundrum. their website http://www.marutisuzuki.com/complain...lT/+YcfeiqAw== doesn't have a preloaded option for Baleno, let alone the new hatch version. Admins may please take note. Have tried posting my complaint the whole day to no avail, problem being "special characters not allowed". Edited, re-edited, nothing helped!! Called the 1800- helpline but complaint was not registered. Anyway, this is what i wrote to them finally on complaint@maurti.co.in (limit-4000 words!!):

I'd been having Steering oil leakage issue in my 2003 Baleno for some time. The dealership was of the opinion that the Steering Box was no longer available as production had ceased, so it was left to me to arrange for one, albeit used. The Baleno had steering noise issue from day one of delivery. "High Pressure Pipe" was changed but the problem persisted. Later they gave up citing that it was a known problem of Balenos, a manufacturing defect.
On 3rd May 2017, I sent the car with my driver before 8:30am as told, but the whole day was wasted as all car lifts were occupied since the previous day. I had to keep the car overnight. Today, i.e. 4th May 2017, Steering Box replacement job was undertaken. The Steering action was fluid and "powered" when driven in the previous day. Full locks and opposite locks resulted in the usual hissing sound from the pump at engine idle. There was NO prior problem with the Steering Pump.
After the new Steering Assembly was installed, fluid was carelessly filled to the brim by the mechanic, so fluid overpoured everytime they turned the steering lock to lock innumerable times, exhibiting unprofessionalism! As I pulled the car out of the service bay, I noticed the Steering was very hard, but thought it would get softer if driven for some time, but it DID NOT. The same was conveyed when driven by the mechanic, citing the problem would go away after loosening the bolt on the steering box. Back on the lift, they banged the hell out of the said bolt with a long screwdriver and a hammer, but the hardness persisted. I was shocked when the foreman diagnosed the issue as Steering pump failure! It was working fine when driven into the service bay, despite the leakage. When i took the matter up with the Service Manager, he was least concerned and would not take responsibility, despite me mentioning that it happened on their watch, and if there was any way the problem could be resolved without going to the extent of replacing the pump. That's when their incompetence amplified, with them making excuses like they never touched the pump and that "the steering hydraulic pump is in no way connected to the steering box". Their statement defied physics and more so, logic! If the Steering pump had nothing to do with the Steering box, what was it doing there in the first place? Then they go on to say I have to arrange a new pump on my own and they might be able to do something on the labour costs! Forget about replacement by accepting responsibility or even on goodwill, they didn't even offer to source the part through the legal channel. I told the service manager that they should think about resolving the issue within the dealership as i did not want to escalate and mar their reputation as I have been a Maruti customer for over 20 years, recommending Maruti vehicles to friends and relatives for obvious reasons, and wish to maintain the same level of relationship for many more years to come. But they were adamant on evading responsibility. I believe the inexperienced mechanic(s) have missed some steps of the procedure leading to pump failure, if they haven't touched the pump at all, as claimed. I have left the car with them and will continue to do so until the issue is resolved, and in full. Also, despite filling in the job card, i never got any SMS regarding receiving of vehicle for service or after "delivery". When I was asked to take the vehicle away, I raised issue of accident risks due to Steering hardness/ failure. Their simple reply was "drive carefully"! Later when I talked to the manager on the phone, keeping the car and driver at the service centre, he hung up on me and later refused to take my calls (#9402011550). I plan to take this up on public forums for awareness. I've never experienced this kind of indifference from any dealership, Maruti or otherwise. I guess this is how a mere dealership kills a whole Brand. Hope this reaches the right person. Resolve please. Thank you.

Can the team help?
nid4spid is offline   Reply With Quote