Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 20th July 2010, 12:16   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
This is poor service from Honda dealer. I hope they resolves the issue quickly (In your favor).
Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Do let us know if and when Honda responds. I had a small issue with my dealer during delivery. One call to Honda and the issue was resolved pretty fast. So I would expect that Honda will take their dealer to task.
Does your friend have any letter from the dealer stating the list of goodies that would be included. Honda is not known to include freebies.
The salesman had written a list of freebies my friend would be getting on the quotation paper. It can be considered as legal or not is another debatable issue, but he had it from the salesman.. BUT if the dealership or the company refutes that peice of paper then I think it certainly would be a big dent in the company/dealership's image.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCause View Post
Honda dealer is at fault, that's for sure. Why didn't your friend take all the 'promises' in paper & got a signature. Verbal promises cannot be enforced & hence are the tools of the trade for salesman at dealerships.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Hi Buddy,

Feel sorry for your friend but would like to say something.

1> Why is a car being blamed when there is no issue in the car itself or its performance.

2> The dealerships salesman is to be blamed and since you have his assurance in writing regarding the freebies am sure you will get the same from the top level management.

3> Most dealerships go to a outside vendor for replacement of tyres/puncture repairs. They normally only keep the alignement & balancing equipment with them. There is nothing wrong with what they are doing and a buying a spare tyre from them does not make it a genuine spare as it is not a spare in itself.

I think the issue is being blown out of proportion. Just my 2 bits

Viper
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPH View Post
I don't think thgis is blown out of proprtion.

The salesman made promises in order to close the deal and didn't deliver.

An ancient proverb says; Whoever is loyal in little things is also loyal in big things.

However it was a series of promises not fulfilled and the staff couldn't care. This is not on.

,q Wild Phoenix . Feel free to pm me and I will take it on the list for the newly created dealer lemon award, which will be issued to the worst dealer of the month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Forget it. They will just bounce it back to the dealer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinghBHP View Post
In Wild Phoenix's case it seems that a fake promise was made at the cost of dealer's margin just to make a sale. However, as a customer I am least concerned at whose cost was it made. For me I was promised something by HONDA while bying Brand Honda and I want that to be fulfilled by them.
So I would say that if Wild Phonix's case is not taken care of then it will clearly be a fault of HONDA as a company. For me its a commitment broken by HONDA brand just like we blame SKODA brand for all faults I would blame Honda for it and would like them to talk to dealer and get it fulfilled.
First of all, apologise for not being able to reply on time, I've been busy and so was my friend (to let me know about the progress on his car). And secondly, thank you everyone for your response.

Yes, after much delay and a number of irritated phone calls & visits later...he finally got his teflon coating and rust proofing done.

Once again, would like to thank everyone for the support and advice.
Wild Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2010, 12:36   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKap View Post
Hi,
I bought my car a Honda City VMT (named Oliver thereafter) from Solitaire Honda and the whole experience was nothing short of a nightmare. It was just a casual lunch at a restaurant near Solitaire Honda in Andheri. I had been pushing my dad to get rid of one of our old cars and get the new City. We had checked it out at Linkway before that and had almost booked it but Mom wanted to wait for a few more months (which turned out to be a good thing because now I had a better model -- the VMT). For some reason dad agreed to check out the deal offered by Solitaire. After some nego solitaire agreed to a deal which was 15k off and mud flaps, sun film and teflon. With the old gen just about to go end of sale, he had just one white SMT left. Not being sure of how much the increase in price for the SMT will be we decided to book it right then. We signed the papers, and they came home and collected the 50k booking amount. It was the "shradh" period so we couldn't pay the complete amount and take delivery. Meanwhile Honda announced the new lineup of SMT and VMT with a very minor price increase. However, my nightmare with Solitare started even before this. There was absolutely no followup from Solitaire. Insurance from Solitaire was for 33k and an independent quote from Bajaj, ICICI was around 16-17k which is why i insisted on getting insurance myself. Solitaire refused to let me do that and I refused to buy the car from them (stating that the govt regulations require me to have insurance and dont require me to buy it from the dealer). They kept telling me that they would call back and they would never call me. This went on everyday for two weeks. After that I finally went to the showroom where I was introduced to the showroom manager Mr. Avinash Bahadur. This man is the most arrogant sales guy I have ever seen. When told about the insurance amount difference his exact words were "mujhe pata nahi tha ki isne aisa deal uthaya hai varna main deal ko naa bol deta". At this point I just lost it. I got up and asked him to refund my money since there was Arya who was giving me a better deal on the new city and also my old car (I had a buyer for my getz at 3.05L. Since I didnt want to do the paperwork myself I was willing to give the dealer a cut for doing the paperwork for the customer that I found). He refused to do that. My dad didnt want to stretch this too much so we just upgraded to the VMT and walked off. Delivery promised within 15 days. The awesome sales guys at Solitaire "forgot" to do all the paperwork. My dad used to work out of Mumbai at that time and had to fly back for just half an hour so that Solitaire could take his signatures (there was one missing). That alone cost me 10k for which they were not even sorry. Finally the day of delivery arrives. We reach the showroom bang on time for the 10 am delivery. We bring Oliver home. I had ordered the front windshield sun film and mirror locks along with the rest of the accessories that were part of the deal). Solitaire conveniently "forgot" to install the mirror locks and the front windshield sun film. This was not brought to my attention (also the missing warranty card for the sun film). I reached home and noticed that the mirror locks were missing. I called them and they said that because of the rush they forgot to install it and also forgot to do the teflon coating. I was completely ok with that except the fact that they didnt tell me at the time of delivery and would probably not have done it had I not noticed it. Also I had told them not to put ANY stickers on the car. This was clearly written on the order forms. However, my car was full of Solitaire Honda stickers and the annoying "loving and caring for you always...." sticker. They said I could come back on the following weekend and they would do the teflon and also remove the stickers. I had noticed the stickers at the time of delivery but dad didnt want to create a issue during the "happy occasion". Issues sorted out in a week. Time for the first service. I drop the car off at Solitaire and they promise a drop off. The car gets dropped off as scheduled. I get back home from work and check the car. I start the engine and notice that there is a quarter tank of fuel missing. The fuel economy which was showing 12.8 when i dropped off the car is now reading 4.5. I was mad to say the least. It wasn't about the 500 Rs of fuel. Such instances was the only reason why I hadn't purchased the Octavia. The odometer reading was around 8kms more than what it was when I had dropped off Oliver. Thats roughly the distance between the workshop and my house. So clearly someone had left the car idling with possibly the AC on. I brought this to their attention right then. I sent them some pictures as well. After refusing to accept it initially, the pictures were proof enough that something was wrong. They said we are sorry. I said its not about being sorry. How do I know for sure that they weren't replacing parts like some of the Skoda dealers? I threatened to call Honda and complain. Their reply was "please go ahead". I will inform my manager. So I did exactly that. Within a day of the logging the complain, Solitaire's customer sat division calls me and the issue is settled. Meanwhile, my issues with Solitaire showroom are still going on. It had been over a month and the old getz had still not been transferred to the new buyer. I was worried because the buyer was still learning how to drive and the last thing I wanted was my dad's name on a moving missile!! This was the whole point of letting the dealer complete the formality of RC change "in a matter of 5 days" as they proclaimed. This issue along with the other issues was brought to the attention of the owner Mr. Sailesh Kachalia. He was angry to say the least that his customer was being treated like this. This was the third car (along with two Hyundais) that we had bought from his dealerships. However, even he couldn't get the used car issue solved. Again I got on a call with Honda and this time the conversation turned ugly since I had had enough and I got Mr Kachalia on a conference call with Honda. I wont get into the details of the call but finally after over 40 days, my issues with Solitaire were solved!!

I am very happy with the car and Honda's (parent company) customer sat but Solitaire sucks to say the least!!
Really sorry to know that you had to go through all that pain.

Even if one forgets to provide something that was agreed upon earlier and things like that...its understandable, human errors can happen. BUT arrogance is something that cannot be tolerated at any cost.

Anyways its good that its finally sorted.
Wild Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2010, 21:16   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Phoenix View Post
Really sorry to know that you had to go through all that pain.

Even if one forgets to provide something that was agreed upon earlier and things like that...its understandable, human errors can happen. BUT arrogance is something that cannot be tolerated at any cost.

Anyways its good that its finally sorted.
BTW, I was at Solitaire the other day to get the rear indicator bulb changed and i ran into another unsatisfied customer. He had bought the city automatic about a month ago and was complaining about a bumpy ride. I was surprised since my car had absolutely no problem. The answer given to him was "Sir out of every hundred cars 3 of them can have a problem and can bounce around"> I wonder how they would react if 3 out of every 100 cheques that they got bounced!! While I was there I thought of getting the air pressure checked since I was going to drive on NH4 all the way to belgaum and then to Goa. While getting it checked I noticed that their guage showed that the air pressure in my car was 1/4th of what it should have been. I asked them to top it up a couple of psi and stop since there was no way that the guage could have been right. Right after that I felt that my car had developed a race car like ride quality. I got it checked at the nearest gas station which was not more than 2 kms away and sure enough instead of being 30psi it was 32 psi. Had I allowed him to fill it to what it should have been according to his guage it would have been a spine breaking 42 psi!!! They had filled this dude's car to around 40 psi and then opened up the entire rear suspension for an inspection. All this in a less than a month old car!! I called them from the gas station and the relationship manager was stunned by what i told him! I haven't heard back from him but I hope the guy's issues were sorted out. Poor guy didnt conduct a PDI and suffered big time with a few scratches on the rear bumper (not something a good 3M polish cant take care of) The blacked out B pillar also had some rough edges etc nothing major but still irritating. More than that they said they will not do anything about the B pillar as well.... rude, very rude if you ask me.
HKap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2010, 10:01   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

@HKap: You cannot have a soft ride with razor sharp steering. Initially, I also found the suspension of my Civic harsher as compared to my 8 year old Accent. Also, 3% sounds a bit high, but one must accept that these are mass produced items. The important thing is that if noticed, do they fix it promptly.

I also found my Civic tyres at 42-44psi when it came back from the dealer. I checked with two gauges and then just let the air out. It is estimated at at least 30% of the Garage/Workshop gauges are bad. The best option is to have your own gauge and a small electric pump. Check air in the morning on cold tyres. I have been doing this since at least 1975! Nowadays, you need to top up may be once in two months.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2010, 18:13   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@HKap: You cannot have a soft ride with razor sharp steering. Initially, I also found the suspension of my Civic harsher as compared to my 8 year old Accent. Also, 3% sounds a bit high, but one must accept that these are mass produced items. The important thing is that if noticed, do they fix it promptly.

I also found my Civic tyres at 42-44psi when it came back from the dealer. I checked with two gauges and then just let the air out. It is estimated at at least 30% of the Garage/Workshop gauges are bad. The best option is to have your own gauge and a small electric pump. Check air in the morning on cold tyres. I have been doing this since at least 1975! Nowadays, you need to top up may be once in two months.
@sgiitk: I know that getting both the soft ride and razor sharp handling are not possible, however, what this guy was facing was something entirely different. He had to wear the neck collar coz his car was bouncing around like it was driven by messi's foot and not the engine!! As far as the 3% rate is concerned, I am sure that things can never be perfect all the time. The problem here was that even after acknowledging that there was a problem they didnt want to fix it!!
HKap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2010, 15:07   #36
BHPian

Hi all

Brother Wanted to dispose off 4 year old Swift VXi and buy VW Polo.

Got him to read GTO's Thread.

GTO's thread got us thinking about Lateral Upgrade from Hatch back to Sedan Segments.

Sold 2006 Swift VXi for 2.75 & Bough a Pre-Worshipped Civic SMT 2007 with 29K on the Odo for 7.2 through Capital Honda Auto Terrace program in Chennai.

First Impressions are Space, Ride Quality & lack of Noise inside the car.

Will be upgrading to Art leather seats (Ovion) through Satya Tommorow.

Help Required on the following:

Dealer is creating problems with RC name transfer saying Emmission test Certificate is required.

This was 20 days after buying the car & paying 1200 rs for name transfer.

Besides Insurance lists the car as White City Instead of White Civic
Attached Thumbnails
Unsatisfied Honda customer due to poor customer service courtesy a dishonest dealer.-side1.jpg  

Unsatisfied Honda customer due to poor customer service courtesy a dishonest dealer.-dash2.jpg  

dvprasad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2010, 09:54   #37
BHPian

Default Problems with Solatire Honda during delivery of Accord

It just bumped into this thread and if I would have read this before I would have booked a Skoda over the Honda.

I was supposed to get the delivery of Accord yesterday i.e. 21-10-2010 from Solitaire honda. But while accepting the delivery the car didn't look new (read used). I had booked through solitaire because the owner is known to me and an unfit new car was the least i expected. The owner has promised to resolve the issue today but if he doesn't do it today I will put all the details with names and pictures of the car here.

I am just giving him a chance to correct his mistake. However I would like to know whom should I write to Honda in order to complain?

Last edited by tazmaan : 22nd October 2010 at 10:12.
tazmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2010, 11:28   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

@tazmaan: Firstly I have set up new thread Honda Civic V AT Alabaster Silver where I am posting all stuff.

Secondly, wherever you contact the complaint will be first transferred to the dealer for their comments.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2010, 12:04   #39
Senior - BHPian

@Hkap---can you please break your post into paragraphs? It is difficult to read it when it is so bunched up.

Sorry, please dont take offence---it is just a suggestion.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote