Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 12th July 2010, 19:41   #1
BHPian

Default Prerana Motor's LIES : Attempts to sell an older BS-III car

Sharing an experience that my friend had with Prerana Motors - Lal Bagh road - bangalore .

My friend had plans of buying his first car from quite months now . After couple of research he finalized on GP 1.3 MJD Emotion.
booking month - May
An offer around 35K was there in that Month and the dealership said that to avail the offer , he has to book & invoice the vehicle in May itself
and the vehicle would be given from the existing may stock in the dealership yard - the stock that they recieved for the month of May .
Three colours existed with them for 1.3 MJD Emotion - Black , minimal grey , medium grey.
He preferred white so checked with the dealer for the possibility of getting a white one.
The sales person mentioned that there is a BS3 white punto , which should not be registered ideally, but they can take care in case he wants to go
for a white coloured one . My friend said he dont need a BS3 vehicle and he decided to go with the BS4 option that the dealer mentioned
- black one . He specifically asked the manufacturing month of the existing ones that they have with them.
The sales manager said that it will be 1-2 months prior to the month of delivery .

So with all the conversation made , he confirmed his booking for a BS 4 , Black emotion 1.3 MJD GP .He paid the booking amount of 25000 rupees.
He insisted on seeing the vehicle and doing a pre delivery inspection before giving the full amount and getting the vehicle registered in his name .

Couple of days later , the dealer agreed upon on the same and asked him to come at 5 in the evening to see the vehicle and for an inspection .
But by the time the sales people brought the vehicle it was 9 in the night. Based on the information from Team Bhp, he requested the sales manager to
show him the Form 22 , as this document carries the vital information about the manufacturing date of the vehicle . Our smart sales manager said that
' this document is a "confidential" document between the dealer and the manufacturer and hence cannot be shown to any customer . When he mentioned that
seeing this document is important to him , the sales manager said that he has no other option other than beliving the sales manager and in no way
he is going to show the document to my friend . The customer can see the date of manufacturing only after recieving the RC Book !!!

He also added that selling off old vehicles is done by other dealers in town like 'concorde' but 'prerana' never does it .
From day one whenever my friend talks to this sales manager , he claims himself and his showroom to be very transparent and 'frank' in all their
deals. Sales manager opens any sentence with the phrase ' to be frank...'!

He left for the day mentioning that he shall come in the morning , as no vehicle can be inspected without light.
Next day morning he went to the showroom a bit early and started doing the inspection . He opened the bonnet to see the engine bay .
To his EXTREME surprise the stickers in most of the components inside the bonnet had the year of manufacturing as 2009 - May!!!!
He was so much put down seeing this . Imagine a customer dreaming about owning his first car within a couple of days , only to wake up to the reality that the
dealership folks cheated him outright !!!
He noted down the chasis number and is mentioned below
MCA11835507005826HPZ

He called up the sales manager who dealt with him from the begining and who was mentioning about the credibility of Prerana motors over the other
showrooms in the town . They never picked up the call , and when he enquired in the showroom , he came to know that they are on leave !!!
He spoke to the executive in the showroom about the same. The executive mentioned that he need to check the documents before he could comment about
the manufacturing year and month of the car . My friend returned to work with a lot of frustration - humiliation-anger !!!

He came in the afternoon to cancel the booking and the sales executive at the dealership confirmed that the year of manufacturing of the car is 2009 and a BS3 model.
He gave the cancellation letter and couple of days later they returned the cheque( in June 1st week )

Well I wouldnt be the right person to explain his emotions after his experience with this dealer . If a dealer does this even before the customer
buys a vehicle from him , how much would he be trying to rip the customer off , when he goes for a service or so . On what trust would he be going
towards any Fiat vehicle in future ? Whats TATA- FIAT guys doing up there?
I think even those who sell fish in the market would value their customer better than Prerana Motors.

To give a background of the whole situation - My friend is from a typical Indian family who only trusts manufacturers like Maruti and Hyundai .
Anything other than that requires a lot of effort into convincing his Dad . He went to the fiat showroom after a lot of conversation with his Dad - who
only agreed to his decision half hearted .Now with all these episodes it would be really hard to keeps his hands on a non maruti - hyundai vehicle.

Is there any email address where he can lodge a complaint against this cheating attempt ?? Any contacts available in our forum ?
He has the details of the sales managers and those executives who tried to cheat him . Can we do something?
Let this experience not happen to any other fiat lover !
rejoycjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2010, 20:03   #2
Senior - BHPian

This is really sad. Dealers like this ruin everything for an otherwise great product. Tell your friend to post his experience at this link "Fiat India". Fiat have been very prompt in responding to any problems and queries posted through their site.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 12th July 2010 at 20:05.
fiat_tarun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2010, 20:06   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn View Post
An offer around 35K was there in that Month

Was the offer on only BS3 Models. Then, may be that is why they pushed the BS3 car, since he wanted the offer?.

He insisted on seeing the vehicle and doing a pre delivery inspection before giving the full amount and getting the vehicle registered in his name .

Your friend is smart, is he a TBhp ian?

Based on the information from Team Bhp, he requested the sales manager to
show him the Form 22 , as this document carries the vital information about the manufacturing date of the vehicle

TBhp prevents yet another 'crime' against car buyers!
Hope your friend gets a better treatment elsewhere!
sureshkishore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2010, 20:18   #4
Senior - BHPian

I would have asked you to try
Tata Motors Customer Support :: Complaint
but a reg no is mandatory.
try customercare@tatamotors.com
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2010, 20:22   #5
BHPian

Quote:
fiat_tarun This is really sad. Dealers like this ruin everything for an otherwise great product. Tell your friend to post his experience at this link "Fiat India". Fiat have been very prompt in responding to any problems and queries posted through their site.
Thanks tarun , exactly thats the case . Yep I shall ask him to put the complaint in this link that you gave.

Quote:
Was the offer on only BS3 Models. Then, may be that is why they pushed the BS3 car, since he wanted the offer?.

Your friend is smart, is he a TBhp ian?
TBhp prevents yet another 'crime' against car buyers!
Hope your friend gets a better treatment elsewhere!
@ Suresh ,
No , the offer was on BS 4 models itself , but they would be those which the dealers have then . Meaning they wont raise a new request to the manufacturing plant for a new car - So the dealer restricted his options to a couple of colours and variants .
No he is not a Bhpian , but a regular guest.
True it did

He might get a better treatment , but the feeling of trust got lost somewhere.
Lets see

Quote:
I would have asked you to try
Tata Motors Customer Support :: Complaint
but a reg no is mandatory.
try customercare@tatamotors.com
Thanks green horn , I shall try that too .

Last edited by rejoycjohn : 12th July 2010 at 20:24.
Old 12th July 2010, 20:25   #6
Senior - BHPian

I think all the TATA/Fiat Dealers are like this.
Here is another case
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...inted-car.html
Captain Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2010, 20:37   #7
Senior - BHPian

I'm glad for the fact that your friend was smart enough to get himself saved from the dealer. I hope your friend find another good Tata dealer to realize his dream car. You may want to talk to customer support in Tata motors & get a lead from there regarding the dealer complaint. But, trust me, these things may not work.
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2010, 20:42   #8
BHPian

Quote:
I think all the TATA/Fiat Dealers are like this.
Here is another case
Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community (Concorde Motors - sells a repainted car!)
I do not know how to express my feelings here .
Is it accepted to cheat a normal customer here in India ?
Tata-Fiat should understand that its not just the image of the dealers that is going for a toss here , its of the whole brand !!

Quote:
I'm glad for the fact that your friend was smart enough to get himself saved from the dealer. I hope your friend find another good Tata dealer to realize his dream car. You may want to talk to customer support in Tata motors & get a lead from there regarding the dealer complaint. But, trust me, these things may not work.
Yep he is :-)
I just saw the link posted by captainslow , wondering whom to reach out for a car.
Customer care , well we shall lodge the complaint .Lets see if something happens .

Last edited by rejoycjohn : 12th July 2010 at 20:48.
Old 12th July 2010, 21:03   #9
BHPian

My own experience with Prerna - No data points to validate below.
I had taken a Tata Safari sometime during end 2008 from Prerna - Bangalore. The entire sales process was very very smooth. Those were the days where i wasnt aware of TBHP and PDI et all. I was promised delivery ex-Stock. I had absolutely no reasons to check for anything and was all pleased with the interactions with their sales team. I was delighted that i am getting a car within 3-4 days of booking it.

Sometime during End 09, when i wanted to sell the Safari (different reasons - no performance issue with the beast. Still love this car and would still buy one. Wifey misses this car big time). One second hand car dealer, known to me came with a client to inspect and that's when came the shocker - he said that the entire bonnet of the car was re-painted. I could no way realise this with my ignorance of paints and my eyesight. I thought he was playing a prank to buy the car at a lower price. I took the vehicle for service to a different service centre in Bangalore and the service manager confirmed about the bonnet being re-painted. Thanfully, i found a buyer on my own who was as ignorant as me and took the car at the price i wanted.
I resolved never to go back to Prerna - Bangalore again.
jkrishnakj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 20:58   #10
BHPian

[ Thanfully, i found a buyer on my own who was as ignorant as me and took the car at the price i wanted]

Krishna,
the above sentence of yours sounds as if you didn't tell the buyer about the paint job at all.

is it the case or you told him the issue and sold it.

Last edited by nandans2005 : 13th July 2010 at 21:03.
nandans2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 21:07   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
rejoycjohn (Prerana Motor's LIES : Attempts to sell an older BS-III car) : .. he confirmed his booking for a BS 4
What does the order booking confirmation form / receipt say ? This should have been confirmed in writing, esp since both models were available at the dealer.

Secondly, if the car is being registered now with a Bangalore address, it must be a BS-IV. It cannot be a BS-III.

Quote:
jkrishnakj (Prerana Motor's LIES : Attempts to sell an older BS-III car) : I resolved never to go back to Prerna - Bangalore again.
We have had recent stories about Lathangi & Concorde doing the same. There were threads which discussed mistakes by other dealers. So what will you do ? Not go to any of these dealers ? Any dealer can pull one of these on a customer. We need to be able to spot these things and ensure what we get is what we book.

Last edited by condor : 13th July 2010 at 21:11.
condor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 21:23   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn View Post
MCA11835507005826HPZ
Grande Punto, 1.3 16V E3 75CV / 55KW EMOTION
Manufacturing date : 29.08.2009
Engine No: 0034923

Fiat already had a bad reputation and the dealers are just helping it to add further.
wildon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 21:32   #13
Senior - BHPian

Have these issues increased only now, or have been prevailant and are surfacing now ? Man and these are the known cases. I don't know how many have been fleeced earlier. Better to have an insider in the Quality Control Dept like my cousin did when he bought his Indica. He knew the chasis number before hand and took delivery of exactly that on the day it landed at the dealers.

Last edited by prince_pervez : 13th July 2010 at 21:33.
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 21:40   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
[ Thanfully, i found a buyer on my own who was as ignorant as me and took the car at the price i wanted]

Krishna,
the above sentence of yours sounds as if you didn't tell the buyer about the paint job at all.

is it the case or you told him the issue and sold it.
Nandan : I didnt tell this to the buyer. Discovering the paint job and selling off the car happenned so fast, in 2 days flat. Denial reactions, such things can't happen, why should any dealer do this - with such thoughts going on in your mind and with some one willing to take over the car, it didnt occur to me that i should be telling this to the buyer. I did feel guilty about this for a few days though !

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
We have had recent stories about Lathangi & Concorde doing the same. There were threads which discussed mistakes by other dealers. So what will you do ? Not go to any of these dealers ? Any dealer can pull one of these on a customer. We need to be able to spot these things and ensure what we get is what we book.
Couldnt agree more. That's when inputs from people on this forum come real handy.
jkrishnakj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 22:34   #15
Senior - BHPian

Well these Prerna Guys did give me an already sold car for testdrive!!!!
Resolved not to take the car from them. Went to Concorde. And made big sounds that I am member of Team-BHP and will be doing a very through PDI. In a way kind of warning them that they better not play any tricks on me.
Guess that saved me.
For the benefit of community, when you go to buy a car make sure you use these sentences loud and clear.

1. Boss I am member of Team-BHP and I will be bringing a long list for PDI. Make sure that things are the way I told you. I will do a very strict PDI. Be prepared for that.

2. I will be bringing my friend along with me for the PDI.

3. Lets advance the time of delivery by few hours. The PDI might take long time.

4. (Last parting shot before you leave) I will again repeat. I will do a through PDI and if I am not happy be prepared for an order cancellation. So be prepared for it.
download2live is offline   Reply With Quote