Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 9th November 2005, 22:59   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Bangalore: Feedback on Pratham vs Mandovi

Hey

Created this thread for Islandman, another potential Baleno buyer...since he is a newbie...

Islandman, time to post!!!
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2005, 08:35   #2
Team-BHP Support

I service my 800 at Mandovi off Double Road - pretty good service and they fix things for free or avoid changing bits for nothing
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2005, 10:02   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Created this thread for Islandman, another potential Baleno buyer...since he is a newbie...
Islandman, time to post!!!
Islandman!!! Didn't he buy a NHC few months back after pondering about Baleno for a long time?
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2005, 20:13   #4
cnu
BHPian

I heard some bad reviews about Pratham sometime back.... Like using new cars for test drives and then tampering the meters....
cnu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2005, 09:20   #5
Team-BHP Support

Popped into Pratham to look at the Swift, wanted to see the boot so had to connect the battery. Sailes man had no idea how to do this, so I connected the battery and the wipers switced on. The sales guy did not know how to switch the wipers off.

Enough said -Mandovi at least the guys know something and second time around produced a car for a test drive at the appointed time
Old 13th November 2005, 09:41   #6
BHPian

i like the service at mandovi. they are very good at what they do.
satan_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2005, 16:04   #7
BHPian

Default Imho

Pratham is as bad as it can get, only glamorous... and zero service quality. Strictly stay away from them.
IMHO, Bimal is the best.
anthiltg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2010, 20:52   #8
Team-BHP Support

Did not want to open another thread. I just got my Swift's 30000 km service done. Included all fluid change, front suspension bushes, engine flush, polishing, the works.

It was not cheap but it was not a rip off either. Checking in the car took 15 min. Service advisor kept calling me to tell me what was happenng. collection took a little time since the polishing was still being done.

The attention to detail was amazing. Only time I have seen someone actually clean the wondows from the inside. Some items, I forgot to mention like rear wiper blade worn was replaced. And.. the minute bill is completed, you get an SMS to collect the car.

Full marks to Mandovi - despite increase in sales, service gets better as also turnaround and capacity management.

In contrast, when the Skoda goes in, it takes one hour for someone to check the car in, and another hour to check the car out and you have to follow up! Additionally, the service advisor will only call you from a land line which takes time to get to and he might forget. The mandovi advisor calls you on his cell immediately on encountering a situation.

Well done Mandovi!

Last edited by ajmat : 8th January 2010 at 20:53.
Old 8th January 2010, 21:30   #9
Team-BHP Support

I've had good experience with their Bannerghatta Road service station. Seem to be good folks.
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2010, 23:22   #10
BHPian

Default Mandovi JP Nagar for me.

I have always been with mandovi, JP Nagar and so far they have not disappointed me. They keeping sending me SMS alerts, postal mails for the service schedules and also once the service is done, they call back checking on any issues.
JMaruru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2010, 23:40   #11
BHPian

please stay away from Pratham for servicing, it purely depends on luck and need go to safe hands, they have divided their service unit to various section, whenever you take the vehicle they try to put to that section, I had bad experience with them lots of times and they promptly ask for feedback and ask to come back if still issue is there but who has time to go back and leave the vehicle again. Atlast, 2 years back, I moved to SURAKSHA, Bommanahalli, they are pretty good, there is no mandovi near my area else I would have preferred them
raka1o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2010, 13:34   #12
BHPian

i would suggest both Mandovi and the Surakhsa. Both had done a good job during my M 800 days, though Mandovi used to try and push those unnecessary jobs to be done on the car, Otherwise they were good too.
nandans2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2010, 23:37   #13
BHPian

Default Not so good experiences with Pratam and Mandovi

My brother dropped his Alto for service at Pratham in OR Bangalore as we stay near it. A service personal reversed the car and one side of the car was totally scrathed. My brother became furious on seeing this. Pratam offered apology and gave him another Alto to commute to work for 3 days, repainted the side free of cost and returned the car.

If you walk in to this showroom on a weekend, it resembles like a market in India. There are so many people (potential customers) moving around and sales guys find it tough to attend everyone giving sufficent time. Tough luck !!
B103 is offline   Reply With Quote