Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 17th July 2010, 19:50   #1
BHPian

Default New WagonR. What is the waiting period?

My friend has booked a new wagon-r Vxi at Hercules motors Trivandrum on 23rd may. Initially it was told that the car will be delivered by jun 25th and dealership were forcing to make the loan arrangements.
Even though there was some complications in approving the loan amount , everything was settled in 10 days and his loan got sanctioned. From that day the wait started. On Jun 20th , called the dealership to confirm the delivery date and they told that the car is not yet loaded and hence delivery will take some more time. They were adamant not to commit a specific date , only vague answers were given like within one week , some more day etc. stating reason that the plant is shut and some strike is going on.
Several calls were made to customer care manager , the dealership etc but till now there is no clue when the car will be delivered .Even called up Maruti zonal offices and ended up speaking to a dumb guy.
Last week he got a letter from the dealership stating that it will still take one more month. They dealership is saying that there a real scarcity of Vxi model and they are getting only Lxi ones.
Mails to maurti customer care which was send 2 weeks back are yet to be answered.
We called up the dealership pretending as a prospective buyer and enquired about Vxi .We got a reply that they will deliver the car by one month and they do have stock of Vxi in their yard.
If they do have stock why they are not giving to the booked customers or is it the strategy to get customers and then play on them?
Can someone please confirm that there is a real shortage of Vxi's in Trivandrum or else please can give me the contact details of maruti officials where we can escalate this matter.
bullboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2010, 20:36   #2
Senior - BHPian

Why dont you check with other dealers. I decided not to buy a Ritz Ldi only because of the way these dealers/maruti helpline dealt with me. You are kind of at their mercy when it comes to giving them your money.
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2010, 21:49   #3
BHPian

@gemi ,
We did check with other delear , indus through one of or friend who is working there.According to him they have cleared the booking of May.
Old 18th July 2010, 12:11   #4
BHPian

Called up the Dealership guy and he told there is some issue with the new wagon-r engine and maruti is working on it and hence the delay.

Mods :Is it possible to change the title as "New wagonR - what is the actual waiting period" and move to appropriate section.
Old 19th July 2010, 03:57   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullboy View Post
Called up the Dealership guy and he told there is some issue with the new wagon-r engine and maruti is working on it and hence the delay.
That's the most hilarious thing I've ever heard; Pls don't let out this answer see by any dealer for them to adopt the same strategy.

On a serious front, I would ask your friend to get the booking money back & move away from this dealer as soon as possible & approach another dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullboy View Post
Is it possible to change the title as "New wagonR - what is the actual waiting period" and move to appropriate section.
IMO, use this thread to warn people about the bad dealership

Last edited by aargee : 19th July 2010 at 03:59.
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2010, 11:05   #6
BHPian

Quote:
On a serious front, I would ask your friend to get the booking money back & move away from this dealer as soon as possible & approach another dealer.
We tried that and the delear is ready to refund the money .But we enquired at other delearships through an insider who is a releative of my friend and what we came to know that even if we book now , it will still take 3 months from them as well.
So there is no point in again waiting for another 3 more months at another delearship.
Hence i changed the thread title and rellay want to know whether same situation exists in other states as well.
He wanted the car before 'Onam' atleast , but we don't have any clue.

Last edited by bullboy : 19th July 2010 at 11:07.
Old 19th July 2010, 12:59   #7
Senior - BHPian

Guess the Wagon R is doing some brisk sales, Even in Bangalore there is a 3 month wait period. My friend has booked it last month and he is expecting it to be delivered during August end.
He has booked it in Kalyani, Bangalore.
ku69rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2010, 13:45   #8
Senior - BHPian

You really need to report this to Maruti. Saying that the WagonR has some engine problems and thus they are not sending cars to dealers is really something that needs to be confirmed. Either MAruti needs to stop dealers from spreading such news (if not true) or other owners should be warned. In both case please do mail maruti and let us know what they have to say.
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2010, 14:03   #9
BHPian

@gemi,
We called the maruti toll free number and registered a complaint ie, 10 days back. After that mailed maruti on their customer care maild id and we didn't hear anything from them.
When spoke to the customer service executive at maruti what he told is that there is no such waiting period more than 1 month and he will register a compalint and will ring back .Nothing happened after.
After that we called to the maruti zonal office cochin and they directed us to trivandrum office , Where most of the time no one picks the phone.Once we managed to talk to the manager and he told that he will enquire and get back .Nothing happened .After that we could not get him on the phone as well.
We called up the delearship pretending to be prospective customer of wagonR and asked about delivery date - 'you will get it in 1 month sir'

Last edited by bullboy : 19th July 2010 at 14:07.
Old 21st July 2010, 19:44   #10
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We do NOT encourage users to "BUMP" up their own threads. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 27th July 2010 at 10:42.
bullboy is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 22nd July 2010, 03:27   #11
Senior - BHPian

It is a real surprise to know that Maruti did not bother the complain. In my case every online inquiry, was also treated as complaint and taken action. The service people immediately contacted me and requested to cancel the complaint. So Maruti is still Number one in customer care.
navan49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2010, 06:50   #12
BHPian

Navan, i am a happy Hyundai customer. Their SLA for each complaint is 4 hours! Their response time and resolution turnaround time is slick.
MutantX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2010, 09:39   #13
BHPian

Hi bullboy
I enquired about a WagonR here in Chennai (ABT Maruti Mogappair) 2 weeks ago, when I was looking to buy a hatch as a second car for the family to use, and was told there is a waiting period of 6 weeks for the WagonR, as well as the Swift DZire.
Possibly, dealers in metros like Chennai and Bangalore are getting preference over Trivandrum.
You should simply exercise your right as a customer and get your money back. Suggest you go buy some other car, there are ample choices. Assuming for a similar budget, you are looking at a tallboy design, you could go for a Santro. I know it seems old, but it still would do all a WagonR can do. You would get great discounts & freebies and immediate delivery as well, plus it should cost you lesser. Can't think of any other car, comments/suggestions invited.
chaostheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2010, 11:20   #14
BHPian

@navan49 @MutantX,
This might be true for some not for all .Even my qeuries and complaints to Ford was answered within 12 hours.
We did compalin to maruti twice one through mail and another by calling the toll free number.But we are yet to get a response from them.
@chaostheory,
Yes, you are correct we do have choices, but his mother has knee problems and hence Wagon-r will be more comfortable for her. Santro is almost similary priced but the new wagon-r do have more goodies for a little bit more money.
Old 26th July 2010, 10:00   #15
Senior - BHPian

Bull boy ,

I will help you out in this issue.Assume that it is already sorted out.Give me the booking name and further details in PM.The waiting period of WR is not confirmed by MSIL but it can be almost 3 months as per the current supply trend.Certain dealers were bookings are more they find it a bit difficult to deliver in 3 months.

ram
ram_hyundai is offline   Reply With Quote