Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 8th August 2010, 10:17   #1
Default CARPLUS from TVS

Does anybody have any experience at CARPLUS. I saw it from outside a couple of times while passing by. Yesterday I received an advertising pamphlet along with the papers. It had a coupon which said "Bring along to avail Free Car Polish". The pamphlet looked pretty much like the ones for Reliance Autozones claiming a 5-10% discount on many accessories. It gives the address of just two stores, one in Gurgaon and the other one in Ludhiana. Anyway, the free word caught my ears and I plan to take our Indica there, since I had got all our other cars cleaned and polished in the last one month. Will post further details after visiting.
Sinner666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2010, 16:46   #2

Ok, So I went to this place today. The place was great in terms of Cleanliness and Professionalism etc. I went over and presented my Free Polish Coupon and they started work on my car almost immediately. I believe they used Eagle One car wax/Polish to polish the car. However, it could have been a more thorough job but i doubt the "FREE" part of the deal caused this. Did not get to experience much of their service though as the store was huge and I got busy looking at the wares on display. It is all kept in a la Supermarket style where you can touch and feel all the products. It was all neatly assorted into 3 or 4 sections viz Car Care, Car Comfort, Car Audio etc. The store and the way the products were displayed was a first for me. I mean, no salesmen trailing behind you giving their wise opinions on what to buy, what is good etc. I kind of felt like the housewife doing her peaceful shopping in the supermarket. Most of the products had their MRPs written on them. There was even a live reverse assist system hooked near the entrance, which beeped when you got too close. The staff was pretty helpful too. It also has a neat customer lounge/waiting area. As I just went for the free polish thing, I do not have much idea about the rates, but I doubt it may be on the higher side. The only thing I enquired about was about the servicing for the HVAC. They said it would cost around Rs3500 including filling up the gas if required. I dont know if this is expensive or less as I have never got it done. By the way, this includes de-odorizing the system as well(that's what they claimed). All in All, a good place to get quality accesories(i found a few interesting ones as well like the automatic rain sensing wipers, the transparent bumper guards, A wide angle viewing glass sort of thing etc), though the rates part would be vague as of now. They also had a proper Audio Visual Demo Room as well. Hope someone goes there before I go next time so I have an idea. I have attached some pictures that I could manage. Pardon the image quality(Apples dont shoot that great).
Attached Thumbnails
CARPLUS from TVS-img_0020.jpg  

CARPLUS from TVS-img_0023.jpg  

CARPLUS from TVS-img_0024.jpg  

CARPLUS from TVS-img_0025.jpg  

CARPLUS from TVS-img_0026.jpg  

CARPLUS from TVS-img_0027.jpg  

CARPLUS from TVS-img_0028.jpg  

CARPLUS from TVS-img_0029.jpg  

CARPLUS from TVS-img_0030.jpg  

CARPLUS from TVS-img_0031.jpg  

CARPLUS from TVS-img_0032.jpg  

CARPLUS from TVS-img_0033.jpg  

CARPLUS from TVS-img_0034.jpg  

CARPLUS from TVS-img_0036.jpg  

CARPLUS from TVS-img_0037.jpg  

CARPLUS from TVS-img_0043.jpg  

CARPLUS from TVS-img_0044.jpg  

CARPLUS from TVS-img_0045.jpg  

CARPLUS from TVS-img_0047.jpg  

CARPLUS from TVS-img_0048.jpg  

CARPLUS from TVS-img_0049.jpg  

CARPLUS from TVS-img_0051.jpg  

CARPLUS from TVS-img_0052.jpg  

CARPLUS from TVS-img_0053.jpg  

CARPLUS from TVS-img_0054.jpg  

CARPLUS from TVS-img_0056.jpg  

CARPLUS from TVS-img_0057.jpg  

CARPLUS from TVS-img_0058.jpg  

CARPLUS from TVS-img_0059.jpg  

CARPLUS from TVS-img_0060.jpg  

Old 8th August 2010, 16:52   #3

Continued from the earlier post.
Attached Thumbnails
CARPLUS from TVS-img_0061.jpg  

CARPLUS from TVS-img_0062.jpg  

CARPLUS from TVS-img_0063.jpg  

CARPLUS from TVS-img_0064.jpg  

CARPLUS from TVS-img_0065.jpg  

CARPLUS from TVS-img_0066.jpg  

CARPLUS from TVS-img_0067.jpg  

CARPLUS from TVS-img_0068.jpg  

CARPLUS from TVS-img_0069.jpg  

CARPLUS from TVS-img_0070.jpg  

CARPLUS from TVS-img_0073.jpg  

CARPLUS from TVS-img_0074.jpg  

Old 8th August 2010, 20:57   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hey thats the kind of place i would have loved to visit twice a week. Hope that something similar to this opens here. Am amazed to see the various car care products under one roof, scouting of which is a pain otherwise.
samsag12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2010, 21:03   #5

Cool, a 5 Star shop for our rides ! Hope something like this opens soon in Bangalore too !
kannan666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2010, 23:10   #6

Seems like a very genuine accessory shop, hope it open soon in other cities like Bangalore.
Bhargava_sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2010, 13:01   #7
Senior - BHPian

yes, its a good initiative as long as they can keep the momentum and open up more such showrooms
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2011, 23:53   #8
Default Re: CARPLUS from TVS

I am not opening a new thread for this and just wanted to add more about this place as I have been there recently and bought a lot of stuff from them for my car. Here is my mini review about this place:

Stuff that I bought:
Michelin tires, Neo alloy wheels, Autoform seat cover, My Shaldan perfume, JBL speakers, Tropicool lighter, Floor mats, TVS Emergency package, Non slip mat, etc

I spent around 35K in all over there buying miscellaneous stuff.

The Good:
  • Genuine stuff only. No duplicate products.
  • Huge showroom with almost everything possible.
  • Store manager (Mr. Spandan Singh) is a Team BHP member and so is highly knowledgeable.
  • Their corporate office is right above the store so its easy to escalate matters if required.
  • Good set of machines and tools are provided to the workers. Also there is a good amount of space in the fitting bays.
  • I got a good deal on the alloy wheels from them though most other prices are generally on the higher side.
The Bad:
  • Staff is erratic. The fitting guys are not that great except one guy.
  • I was made to wait for atleast 3 hours before work began on my car the first time.
  • The seat cover fitting was really bad and even after they fit it again on my insistence in the next trip, its still not good. They did a hurried up job the first time and screwed it for ever.
  • Parking over there is a pain. Very congested.
  • I was ripped off by their fitting staff for 400 bucks which they took for just fitting my rear speaker wires properly. I had to get it done though because I was in a hurry and don't get much time for all this.
  • Prices are generally on the higher side.
Overall, its a good place to buy genuine products but their fitting guys are not at par with others and there are always in hurry to finish things and end up screwing things because of this. But if you have a lot of patience and can handle those guys then its a good place. The best part is they have almost everything under one roof.
maverick145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2012, 12:50   #9
Default Re: CARPLUS from TVS

Ok, so I see that the last update here is from more than a year ago. You can see from Maverick145's post that the "people" needed to compliment the expensive product line they have in their air conditioned store are missing and it seems the problem has gone from bad to worse. I have been "shopping" with them (including all 4 tyre change for my Maruti to as little as car perfumes) but the real "service" I have taken was only last saturday when I got my Fiesta dry cleaned.

I will come back to you with a detailed report later in the eveing when I am home, but for now, let me just say DO NOT LET ANY ONE OF THEM TOUCH YOUR CAR. You are inviting trouble.And to make the matters worse.. the moment something will go wrong their "stuffed shirt" staff will turn into your neighbourhood raddiwala who would just not admit to his mistake.

I have written to thier VP (I was told so.. I cant vouch for that). Though I am not expecting, but if there is a response, I will add that too in my post in the evening.
New.Novice is offline   Reply With Quote